Need some help with a letter

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Dave Pace, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Dave Pace

Dave Pace Member

So with the looming purchase of the new road bike I was looking for a way to count it off on my taxes. I found out all about the Commuter tax Benefit program for riding your bike to work. unfortunately my workplace does not recognize this program. While I can still get a tax break for buying the bike and riding to and from work. I would like to have my work look in to signing on with this act.

So my question is this. Has anyone had a situation like this where you had to write a letter to your HR asking them to join this act? If so could you share the letter with me so that I can use it for my work place? I am not very good at writing things out like this so I was hoping to copy someone else's letter and just submit my companies name etc.

Tags:

2. vspa

vspa Active Member

just ask them verbally, maybe they are not aware of this program, you have good chances because accountants have keen interest on everything giving tax breaks !

3. Dave Pace

Dave Pace Member

I was, but I was hoping that someone has done this that can give them a few good reasons that I may not when I am talking to them.