Need some of your great wisdom....

gman0482 said:
That is great Piotrek! Thank you very much for that formula. So I figured I'm putting out around 206 watts on average. I still would like to see my power output on some kind of device/computer, so that I can have some visuals to try to beat.

Thanks,
-Greg

Grzesiek :), just to make sure, I hope you realize that the formula is for riding the Kurt Kinetic trainer only, where 18 MPH average yields 206 W average. It is NOT meant for road riding. There's no formula to calculate that without having a lot of other data.

Ohh ok I see. That's something I would also like to figure out sometime, so I'm looking for some good literature. I still don't know 99.9% of the cycling language and ways. But definitely want get the trainer for my basement.

gman0482 said:
But definitely want get the trainer for my basement.

Make sure you get a good one, it seems like you are trying to do everything right, so I'd make sure you get the best bang for your buck on a trainer.

We've had a Travel Trac Mag Force+ for several years, and it seems to be pretty good as far as durability, fit and finish, etc.

But.....

I'm not sure I'd recommend it. I'm not sure I'd recommend any plain old trainer like that. I will have to qualify my comments by saying that 90% of the time my wife's mountain bike has been on it, and I don't think I get a good workout riding her bike, and changing bikes back and forth is a hassle.

When I have had my bike on there I find that it's boring, and I think I get just as good of a workout riding the OrbiTrek elliptical we have.

There are some folks that really like the roller style trainers and I've never used one, but I'd sure like to try one and see what they are about.

Thanks, yea I just checked out some of those E-Motion rollers. They look like the next best thing to actual riding, but a little pricy at $750. Then there's my little dilema of living in my apartment on the 3rd floor, so any trainer would be loud (I think) and ******** my neighbors. I can always go to the storage room in the basement though :).