Need Source for Mavic Hub Bearings

mike

Guest
I'm swapping my Comete disk rear wheel over to 130 spacing and want to
replace bearings. Anyone know of a source? Please email me.
Thx,
Mike

mike wrote:
> I'm swapping my Comete disk rear wheel over to 130 spacing and want to
> replace bearings. Anyone know of a source? Please email me.
> Thx,
> Mike

Sealed bearings should have a size stamped into the dust seal.
Alternately, just measure them with some calipers and have your LBS
order you some. I've sourced sealed bearings at a local industrial
bearing supply for $5 each when I needed to renew my vintage Viscount's
bottom bracket. Just as smooth as the bike shop kit but for peanuts. I
always pry off the dust cover and overfill with more grease to make
them fairly weatherproof.

Bearings are trivial to replace. Just measure the 3 major dimensions.
Inside diameter (mm), outside diameter (mm), width (mm).

http://www.gizmology.net/bearings.htm

12 x 28 x 8 are 6001 bearings and are what's used on MAVIC 501's, and
probably on your hubs too - it's one of the most common sizes.
Otherwise, just search for 6001 2RS ( 2 rubber seals ) and you'll get
a manufacturer table of bearings - use your measured sizes to
determine which one you're looking for.

Z = metal covers
RS = rubber seal cover
So ZRS = one metal cover, one rubber cover.
Etc. etc. google it !!

- Don Gillies
San Diego, CA, USA