Need to convert Shimano wheel to Campy:OPTIONS?

puma

Jul 23, 2003
Hello. I have a Ksyrium SSL compatible for Shimano. However, I need to convert it to Campy. So what seems to be the best/easiest/cheapest way to handle this? Can I just buy a campy freewheel and swap out the shimano, or the entire Mavic hub, or just buy an entire new rear wheel, or anything else? Any and all suggestions welcome, except getting a cassette conversion set like an American Classic or Mavic M10. Thanks.

I am currently doing the same thing with my Ksyrium Elites.
I called Mavic on Friday and was told that you only need to change the freewheel mecanism not the entire hub. The freewheel needs to be ordered from Mavic through your local dealer and cost around $50.
Another option is to use Mavic's M10 cassettes that comes in various kits with spacers for both Campagnolo 9 and 10 speed components.
I chose the first option and placed an order through my dealer yesterday.

gpelpel said:
I am currently doing the same thing with my Ksyrium Elites.
I called Mavic on Friday and was told that you only need to change the freewheel mecanism not the entire hub. The freewheel needs to be ordered from Mavic through your local dealer and cost around $50.
Another option is to use Mavic's M10 cassettes that comes in various kits with spacers for both Campagnolo 9 and 10 speed components.
I chose the first option and placed an order through my dealer yesterday.

Awesome, thanks. I, too, will go with the first option and not go with the M10 (as I listed above). I had the kit once and it only gave me headaches. The spacers and slanted teeth on the sprockets just didn't fair well with the Campy. I recently heard that they might have resolved the campy issue, but I'm not taking any chances.