Need to Gain Weight

I'm not sure how this works for someone your age, so ask your doctor first, but creatine is a great way to add weight if you are an active person. Creating naturally makes you maintain more water and will make you heavier within a week just because of that. The muscles will come if you are working out, but I wouldn't worry about getting to bulky if that is a concern.

It's much easier to find articles on how to loose weight then to find articles about gaining weight. The ideal is to gain muscular rather then gaining a whole lot of extra fat. The ideal is to speak to a professional trainer that you can trust.

I would have to recommend drinking atleast 3 bottles or cans of beer and eating lots of fried or roasted chicken, pork or beef at night. Also for breakfast or lunch eat a couple of hard boiled or fried eggs and strips of bacon, a good thick ham and cheese sandwich 2x a day also helps.

To add to what I said early, when I was young I had a horribly high metabolism, I tried all the weight gain promises stuff I could find and nothing, I ate more food then a pig, nothing happened. When I raced I had to stow away double the food bars that everyone else took because I got hungry too fast, my first race I packed the food that my team recommended which I ate all of it before the 50 mile mark of the race and had to ride into a mini mart at around the 75 mile mark because I was completely spent and had to buy two egg salad sandwich's, I was like that for a long time.

Just to give you an idea about my weight problem, I'm 6' tall, as a senior in High School I weighed 145 pounds! I now weigh 165 pounds, that's only a 20 pound increase in 44 years, and the last 5 years (when I turned 59 is when it started) I gained the most over a period of time and that was 10 pounds...but that might be due to going to a lot of places and eating out more during that time, plus during the winter months I don't ride as many miles, but age does and more than likely will slow down your metabolism. The weird thing is I put on those 10 pounds but in the last year it's stabilized and hasn't gone up.

You maybe suffering from the same problem I had, you know what I learned? DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT!! When you get older, I'm 64, your metabolism will slow down at some point, mine did at around 55 or 56, now I don't eat as much to maintain my energy, if I try to eat like I use to I gain weight, so I had to cut back on my eating which turned out to a be no big deal because don't need to anymore. Now I pack less food on rides and I'm good to go.

Be glad you can't gain weight because most people have the opposite problem, they gain too much as they get older, I have a friend who I've known since high school and he's gained 200 pounds since then! So if you don't have a thyroid problem like I mentioned earlier to be checked, be glad you have that "problem" as long as it's not making you sick which I doubt it is.

Yo
To add to what I said early, when I was young I had a horribly high metabolism, I tried all the weight gain promises stuff I could find and nothing, I ate more food then a pig, nothing happened. When I raced I had to stow away double the food bars that everyone else took because I got hungry too fast, my first race I packed the food that my team recommended which I ate all of it before the 50 mile mark of the race and had to ride into a mini mart at around the 75 mile mark because I was completely spent and had to buy two egg salad sandwich's, I was like that for a long time.

Just to give you an idea about my weight problem, I'm 6' tall, as a senior in High School I weighed 145 pounds! I now weigh 165 pounds, that's only a 20 pound increase in 44 years, and the last 5 years (when I turned 59 is when it started) I gained the most over a period of time and that was 10 pounds...but that might be due to going to a lot of places and eating out more during that time, plus during the winter months I don't ride as many miles, but age does and more than likely will slow down your metabolism. The weird thing is I put on those 10 pounds but in the last year it's stabilized and hasn't gone up.

You maybe suffering from the same problem I had, you know what I learned? DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT!! When you get older, I'm 64, your metabolism will slow down at some point, mine did at around 55 or 56, now I don't eat as much to maintain my energy, if I try to eat like I use to I gain weight, so I had to cut back on my eating which turned out to a be no big deal because don't need to anymore. Now I pack less food on rides and I'm good to go.

Be glad you can't gain weight because most people have the opposite problem, they gain too much as they get older, I have a friend who I've known since high school and he's gained 200 pounds since then! So if you don't have a thyroid problem like I mentioned earlier to be checked, be glad you have that "problem" as long as it's not making you sick which I doubt it is.

You're quite right about that when I was in my 20's I weigh 165lbs at 5'9" and when I hit mid 30's I was at 185lbs and now I'm in my early 40's and im trying very hard to maintain it. As we get older it really gets tougher to get my weight down and the results I get from hours upon hours of exercise can be wipe out just by eating a pair of Mcdoubles and a float.

The thing with trying to gain weight is that sometimes it is not going to count much which is one reason that you should plan better before doing anything towards that. I have come to notice that some that starts eating to gain weight ends up being overweight since they can not control it again.

Yo

You're quite right about that when I was in my 20's I weigh 165lbs at 5'9" and when I hit mid 30's I was at 185lbs and now I'm in my early 40's and im trying very hard to maintain it. As we get older it really gets tougher to get my weight down and the results I get from hours upon hours of exercise can be wipe out just by eating a pair of Mcdoubles and a float.

This is one of the reasons I don't really feel cool with trying to keep up the weight stuff since we end up adding more pounds as we get older. One thing that I desire at the moment is working to stay fit and not about how much I weigh.