Need to Gain Weight

Eat more!
No seriously, eat more.
You are eating more? Okay eat more then that.
Think your eating enough? Wrong, you need to eat more!
That's pretty much it man....

Bananas, eat lot of bananas. They help to gain weight in a short period of time. And its better to eat a lot in one bout rather than eating frequently little by little to gain weight. Also, just like the above poster said eat much more than you think you require.

Weight Gainer supplements are a good path to embark on. They have everything you need less the additives. You can also control how much weight you put on so that you're not packing on an instant 10lbs which is not healthy. I'm sure a lot of people are telling you to eat more but that isn't healthy, you don't want to stretch your stomach or get into a habit which can ultimately be detrimental.

Probably eat at least 3500-4000 calories a day or more for the amount of exercise you are doing. You are slender so lifting weights you can go really heavy with the weights with less reps. Not too much fat in the diet but you can certainly eat more than most. Increase your protein intake. Doesn't have to be meat either. Carbs as much as you want. Fruit, rice, or potatoes. Pizza maybe without the cheese. Some guys will eat 3-4 whole pies in one sitting maybe once a week. They are still lean and thin.

I would recommend you protein for building muscle. As you gain muscle, you will gain weight simultaneously. Most of the people opt for high-calorie food for gaining weight but I would not recommend you these foods. You should opt for healthy moderate calorie food. You should increase the intake of healthy food to gain weight (in a healthy way).

Maybe increase your snacks or meals a little bit? You shouldn't expect a drastic change in weight, it has to be gradual. What you can do is the opposite of dieting, which involve eating more than you wish, little by little. It's not hard, well, definitely easier than trying to lose weight. All you have to do is eat more. Good luck!

It is quite simple actually. You have to increase your calorie intake and make it at least 500 calories a day more than you burn. However, you shouldn't be eating junk food to achieve this but rather healthy stuff like meat, if you eat meat, especially chicken, cheese, eggs, nuts, a lot of nuts (walnuts, almonds, peanuts...whatever actually). Nuts have the healthy fat in them. You should also eat fish and olive oil. I recommend some quality protein gainer or even whey, I never used gainers, I always used whey protein because it is better for muscle growth.

How big of a frame do you have? You're 6 foot, so you are fairly tall, but you might have a lean frame, where 155 is your optimal weight. The only healthy way to put on 10 pounds on your frame would be to put on pure muscle, which will take some high weight/low rep strength training. A lot of protein shakes as well to build that muscle. Without the protein, you will get stronger, but you may not put on the muscle mass.

I envy you like crazy! I'd sugguest chocolate. Chocolate is my saviour in times of... Well... I guess chocolate is always good! Especially for putting on weight!
Yes, you can try chocolates if you want to gain weight. You can also eat various protein-rich foods. You should try healthy-fats as well. All these things may help you to gain weight.

I used to have this problem when I was younger, and then puberty hit and I "blossomed", as my mom would say. I used to drink the Ensure nutrition drinks 3 times a day, and it definitely helped me gain weight. Lots of protein and lots of good fats. Also, try speaking to your local nutrition and diet store to see what they recommend. Many times there is a powder that you can drink to bulk up a little bit. Also, speak to your physician to see what is recommended.

Take in more calories simple. If you eat at a deficit you won't really see progress and would probably start losing muscle mass but eating a surplus should do the job. Eat ALOT of protein as it's very important when exercising.

Yes, you can try chocolates if you want to gain weight. You can also eat various protein-rich foods. You should try healthy-fats as well. All these things may help you to gain weight.
It depends on the type of chocolate. Some of the real dark chocolates that have a cacao content of 85% or above probably won't help you gain weight. It'll probably do the opposite. The saturated fat and fiber content will keep you satiated and will lower cravings. The lack of sugar in dark chocolate won't fatten you up the way a Hershey bar that is filled with sugar will.

Try to increase your calories but not in a silly way like eating a bowl full of sugar. Full fat milk, nuts and dairy are good ways to start.

Well it sounds so simple but @lisasian86 is right - increase your calories. Eat more, but still eat smart. Every time that I have tried to alter my diet or try to gain or lose weight, it always comes down to making the effort to go out and buy the foods and have them on hand. That is the main barrier for me. Make sure that you have a lot of healthy snacks on hand and try to eat them as often as you can, and workout as often as well.

Agree with post above, it's important to stock up so you have these foods available, it's too easy to skip meals and snacking if you haven't got a well stocked cupboard or fridge. And try to work it into a routine so you become accustomed to eating more often.

You can follow many tactics to gain weight. There are almost thousands of ways by which you can gain weight. I would highly recommend you to stay away from the weight gain supplements. They are not good for your kidney and liver. Instead, you should try to eat healthy food. You should eat a lot of proteins and you can also take the high amount of natural fat. Eat bananas everyday because they are good source of proteins.

Bananas, eat lot of bananas. They help to gain weight in a short period of time. And its better to eat a lot in one bout rather than eating frequently little by little to gain weight. Also, just like the above poster said eat much more than you think you require.

I agree to the banana but the weight gain is temporary only. When I was younger, old folks would advise job applicants (the skinny ones) to eat 2 bananas before going to the medical exam so his weight will gain a bigger number. However, after the day is over, the weight gained from the banana vanishes. I just don't know if you will eat 5 bananas everyday. Maybe that would do it.

Just getting your calories up does so much. It can be as simple as +100~200 calories a day or two, and after a while you'll jump up in desire and naturally even out. If you're burning carbs, fat & protein just get added onto your mass, that's what your body wants em for.

You need to completely change your lifestyle and habits if you want to gain weight. If you are not gaining weight, it means that your metabolic rate is too high. You should eat protein-rich foods. They balance the metabolic rate of your body. You should eat the foot reach in 'healthy fat'. I am not saying that you should eat all the junk foods out there. Almonds, nuts , etc contain the 'healthy-fat' that I talked about.

First have you thyroid checked, if it's functioning normal then guess what you should do next? NOTHING! For whatever reason your metabolism is high, that's just the way you're made. I wouldn't try to eat more or eat food to put on weight because your body isn't like that. As long as your energy levels are high, which I assume they are since you are physically active, just keep eating whatever it is you've been eating and don't eat anything weird.

My metabolism is high too, and i tried the high protein thing and it didn't work, years ago I tried weight gain powders and they didn't work, and they won't work on you either because of your metabolism. Be glad your like that because there are a LOT of people who wish they had your "problem"! A lot of people have slow metabolism and they gain weight just breathing, and all the diets in the world don't work to help them lose it, you're the opposite, and all the diets in the world won't make you gain.

If you want to gain weight there is one thing I can think of...stop being physically active which means don't do anything physical at all, walk into stores as slow as you can and park near to doors so you don't have to walk far, set in a recliner for years eating chips and cookies like crazy, and drinking non diet soda like crazy, then after about 3 years come back and tell us how much weight you gained!! LOL!!!

Don't take vitamins, they're pretty much dubious anyways, if you are eating correctly then you're getting all the vitamins your body can use and or needs.

Last edited: