need to input please

cburch15

Mar 27, 2011
well after long thought i decided to purchase my first road bike i went to my LBS and they had a 2010 scott s40 that they could order me, so this past monday i went ahead and did it, but now my next question is should i start out with clipless pedals and shoes? or just get comfortable on the bike?

Yep, just start out with the clipless pedals. Just practice unclipping a lot at first so it becomes second nature to you.

The sooner you start using them, the sooner you'll get used to them.

Enjoy your new bike!

Shimano 105 or Ultegra pedals, with a floating SPD cleat,
for shoes go to the shop and try different ones, just buy the one that fit you better,

I disagree. I would go with Speedplay Zero's for sure. They are much easter to use as they are a stomp and go type and you can clip in on both sides of the pedal. They have a much better float adjustment system too. Speedplay's customer service is great if you have any issues or questions.

Originally Posted by cburch15 .

does anyone have a good pedal/shoe combo they can suggest that i took a peak at?

Speedplay Zeros, shimano Ultegra, both good systems. Speedplay have adjustable float, are 2 sided, more maintainable. shimano are a improved design from LOOK.