Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

Need to know if this is a good setup?!

Started by spyder_egg · · Last activity · 4 posts · 900 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
21 May 2006
Last activity
21 May 2006
Original author
spyder_egg
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
900
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hey guys, I'm new to biking and I wanna start. I am interested in buying my friend's bike but I am not sure if its a good deal or not. I am mostly looking for XC but maybe some small jumping. This bike is in very good condition and has had minimal abuse and riding. Here are the specs of this bike, the list is not complete (but these are the parts I know).

    FRAME Santa Cruz Chameleon
    FORK Manitou Mars 80mm
    BAR/STEM RaceFace
    BRAKE Shimano
    CRANK RaceFace
    PEDAL Specialized Clip-ins
    RIMS Shimano MH-575
    TIRES Bontrager
    FRT. DER. Shimano XT
    RR. DER. Shimano XTR
    SHIFTER Shimano XTR
    SADDLE RaceFace
    SEAT POST RaceFace
    BIKE WEIGHT 22 LBS

    Please tell me how much this bike is worth/how much I should offer the seller.

    Thanks alot

  2. The main thing, is the bike the right size, does it fit or are you adapting to it?

    On Price, location in your User CP will help us to know whar currency. Generally, bikes loose 40% value on the first day.

  3. I'm from Canada, and i would like to know how much its worth/how much i should offer (us currency)

  4. spyder_egg said:

    I'm from Canada, and i would like to know how much its worth/how much i should offer (us currency)

    that bike is worth about £2000 (so roughly $3400 usd) new, so probably half that second hand (given he is a mate). It is worth noting that the specs you have given are NOT those for a beginners bike. I would look at something cheaper first off.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.