need to know where to get a baby helmet that is smaller than 18.75 inches..

newmom

Apr 18, 2006
hello,

my baby turned 12 months 2 weeks ago. i would love to take her bike riding but i can not find a helmet that fits her tiny head. her head is 17 inches around and all infant helmets start at 18.75 inches. is there some place that i can special order one? or do you know of a place that deals in smaller sizes? if i can not find one i will have to wait for her to grow into one and waste this beautiful summer. the safety of my baby comes first and i do not want to rig a larger helmet to fit her. please help, thanks!!

newmom said:
hello,

my baby turned 12 months 2 weeks ago. i would love to take her bike riding but i can not find a helmet that fits her tiny head. her head is 17 inches around and all infant helmets start at 18.75 inches. is there some place that i can special order one? or do you know of a place that deals in smaller sizes? if i can not find one i will have to wait for her to grow into one and waste this beautiful summer. the safety of my baby comes first and i do not want to rig a larger helmet to fit her. please help, thanks!!
you are correct that safety is the most important, but waiting a year while she gets a little bigger does not sound like such a bad idea. if she is smaller than the infant helments then wait until she grows up a bit.