Need your help for choosing between bikes! :)

CostasM

Apr 8, 2012
Hello all,

I've recently decided to start bicycling and wanted to get myself a first bike. I don't have much experience in the field other than riding my motorbike so i really need some OBJECTIVE advice on this please!

I asked a lot of "experienced" people here and each has his own subjective reply which is even more confusing.

Please tell me what you think between these and why:

1) Giant Defy 3 with Shimano 2200 3x8 gears - 790euro

2) Orbea Aqua TSR with Shimano Sora - 660euro
http://www.orbea.com/au-us/bicis/mod...pecificaciones

3) Haibike Tour with (i think) Shimano 3400 - 600euro
http://www.haibike.de/produkte_detai...51,detail.html

4)BH Zaphire 6.8 2011 with Shimano Tiagra - 800euro

5)Bianchi Nirone7 with Shimano Sora 850 euro

6) Used Trek 1200 2006 with Shimano 105 - 450euro

Out of these guys the BH Zaphire has included a bike fitting for me from bikefitting.com. He is the only registered member of the instruments here in Cyprus.

The Giant seller also said they will fit everything to my body as well.

Now I've ridden a trek 1.2 for 5km and its very comfortable, and i've tried a few of the above bikes and they all seems light and easy to ride. my question now is, how important is fitting? to the point where i should prefer the GIant or BH one because they will fit it egsactly on me?
Also from other reviews i've seen, everyone says go for the Shimano 105 they are well worth it rather than Sora or 2200 even if its a first bike.

Then There's also the fact that Giant seems to have very good reputation for how goof their frames are but that bike comes with shimano 2200. Plus the Bianchi seller told me that all the stuff on the Bianchi bikes are shimano, even brakes and that most other sellers install Chinese ones to reduce costs and they are not that reliable.

What would you recommend? Is giant the best frame here with Bianchi second? Should I look for a Giant frame with Shimano 105 equiptment (which will double the price?)

Plus i think the Orbea Aqua has carbon fork, the rest are full aluminium.

Tell me what you think guys.

By the way if there is any way to buy the parts all separate and have them shipped here in CYPRUS and put it all together myself to save money PLEASE TELL ME as well!

Thanks!