Need your opinion of this bike

Labarum said:
You have very good English, but I know nothing about the bicycle. :)

Thanks for your opinion Lobarum, but I haven't very good English,jejeje
I am waiting your opinions

gilles27 said:
Lobatum, you can see the link, and take me your opinion of the bike.. :)
It really depends on what type of riding you are going to be doing. If you are going to be mostly riding it on the roads and very mild trails the bike would be fine. If you are wanting to do tougher trails you would be better off spending a little more money for a better bike.

It is a nice basic bike but it is not really a trail bike.

Thanks for your reply LowCel.
I am going in mountain and also in asphalt. I do routes of 40 and 50 km's.
The bike cost 375€
I don't know very well.
What is a trail bike?
What is your opinion of the frame and the other components of the bike?
Do you think this frame is a good base to improve the bike later?
and again, Thanks LowCel.
and sorry for my bad English.

I am waiting your great opinions

I do not know the maker of this bike by name or reputation. However, due to that parts and fork, I would not advise this unless your mountian routes are easy. The components will hold up, your shifters and derailluers will be fine, but the fork is VERY low quality. I would not want to invest in better parts for this bike, it is not a good base. I would spend more money to start and get a higher quality bike.

gilles27 said:
Thanks for your reply LowCel.
I am going in mountain and also in asphalt. I do routes of 40 and 50 km's.
The bike cost 375€
I don't know very well.
What is a trail bike?
What is your opinion of the frame and the other components of the bike?
Do you think this frame is a good base to improve the bike later?
and again, Thanks LowCel.
and sorry for my bad English.

I am waiting your great opinions

triguy98 said:
I do not know the maker of this bike by name or reputation. However, due to that parts and fork, I would not advise this unless your mountian routes are easy. The components will hold up, your shifters and derailluers will be fine, but the fork is VERY low quality. I would not want to invest in better parts for this bike, it is not a good base. I would spend more money to start and get a higher quality bike.

Pretty much the exact same thing I was thinking. Check out a Specialized Hard Rock or a Giant in the same price range. I think you will be much happier.

gilles27 said:
Hello, first of all, My english is very bad beacuse I'm a spanish man.
I need your opion of Merida Kalahari 590
Thanks

Merida Kalahari 590

Hi Gilles27,

I speak spanish too (but I'll write in english). Any bike could be good or bad depends on what do you like to do with your bike. Merida Kalahari 590 is an entry level bike; let me suggest you to buy a Merida Matts Sport 300 (better frame, the same as the Matts Sport 700, with Alivio group) or a Merida Matts Sport 500 (great bike). If you think to upgrade components, don't spend your money on the Kalahari, go for a better bike

Best regards.

Marcelo - 1WD

PD: where are you from ?

Merida are the frame manufacturers for a lot of big names you will have heard of. I know they do GT. I think they do Mongoose (part of the GT family) and I think they do Specialized as well though Giant were/are making Specialized frames. They have started making their own bikes, hence the Merida branding , so as far as the frames go they should be well made.