NEEDED DOCTORS/PROFESSIONALS to respond to short questionnaire

Steve

Guest
Dear sir or Madam:

I am a college freshman enrolled in an english 1A online course at Delta College in Stockton
California. We are currenly doing a research paper and my topic is diabetes. If you are an M.D. or
other professional that deals with diabetes could you please respond by email to the questionnaire
below it is short and I would greatly appreciate it DEADLINE for responses is 3/10/04

Thank you, Steven Mingus Email [email protected]

Please include your full name, title, area of expertise, affiliations, and permission to qoute you
in my paper.(please respond to questions by number)

Questionnaire

1) What is the usual cause, if any, of "aquired" or type 2 diabetes?

2) How does type 1 differ from type 2 as far as cause?

3) Why isn't insulin available in pill form; and could it be possible?

4) In your opinion what is the greastest predetermining factor of diabetes
A) Obesity
B) Diet
C) lifestyle
D) family history

5) Recently gastric bypass surgery has been linked with a possible 80% cure rate of diabetes with
patients who have had the procedure; can you make a brief comment on this subject?

6) with adult onset, or type 2 diabetes, what age group is more prone?
A) 20-29
B) 30-39
C) 40-49
D) 50 and above

7)Can someone with type 1 or type 2 diabetes cure themselves with just diet or excercise?

8) is there an ethnic group associated with a higher incidence of diabetes? if so which
group and type.

9) in your opinion can diabetes be curable for everyone someday

Again thank you so much for your time and effort in supporting the learning process.

Steve Mingus

On 3 Mar 2004 15:24:55 -0800, [email protected] (Steve) wrote:

Note:

These answers are carefully considered from my vast experience and learning. and are at least as
valid as any others you will get from this sort of usenet post:

>Please include your full name, title, area of expertise, affiliations, and permission to qoute you
>in my paper.(please respond to questions by number)

See sig. Permission granted.

>Questionnaire
>
>1) What is the usual cause, if any, of "aquired" or type 2 diabetes?

Medical experimentation when kidnapped by aliens.

>2) How does type 1 differ from type 2 as far as cause?

The aliens were from a different star system.

>3) Why isn't insulin available in pill form; and could it be possible?

Of course it's possible. It's a global conspiracy by the manufacturers of insulin injecting
equipment.

>4) In your opinion what is the greastest predetermining factor of diabetes
> A) Obesity
> B) Diet
> C) lifestyle
> D) family history

Walking in the park after dark when a strange glow appears in the sky.

>5) Recently gastric bypass surgery has been linked with a possible 80% cure rate of diabetes with
> patients who have had the procedure; can you make a brief comment on this subject?

The surgery luckily removes the secret alien implant.

>6) with adult onset, or type 2 diabetes, what age group is more prone?
> X) 0-20
> A) 20-29
> B) 30-39
> C) 40-49
> D) 50 and above

None of the above

>7)Can someone with type 1 or type 2 diabetes cure themselves with just diet or excercise?

Of course they can. It's all a global conspiracy by the test strip and drug manufacturers - and of
course by the manufacturers of insulin injecting equipment.

>8) is there an ethnic group associated with a higher incidence of diabetes? if so which group
> and type.

Klingons, because they eat blood worms live. Both types.

>9) in your opinion can diabetes be curable for everyone someday

Of course - it's just a matter of finding the secretly implanted invisible alien devices.

>Again thank you so much for your time and effort in supporting the learning process.

No problem - use it wisely.

>Steve Mingus

Cheers Alan, T2, Australia. dx May 2002 , A1C 8.2=>5.9, wt 117kg=>90kg, No diabetes meds.Diet and
not enough exercise. I have no medical qualifications beyond my own experience. Choose your advisers
carefully, because experience can be an expensive teacher.

apparently there is at least ONE college freshman who didn't learn to spell by the time he graduated
from high school.

how many pro's do you expect are hanging out around here? HINT: not enough to give statistically
accurate results.

dave

Steve wrote:

> Dear sir or Madam:
>
> I am a college freshman enrolled in an english 1A online course at Delta College in Stockton
> California. We are currenly doing a research paper and my topic is diabetes. If you are an M.D. or
> other professional that deals with diabetes could you please respond by email to the questionnaire
> below it is short and I would greatly appreciate it DEADLINE for responses is 3/10/04
>
> Thank you, Steven Mingus Email [email protected]
>
> Please include your full name, title, area of expertise, affiliations, and permission to qoute you
> in my paper.(please respond to questions by number)
>
> Questionnaire
>
> 1) What is the usual cause, if any, of "aquired" or type 2 diabetes?
>
> 2) How does type 1 differ from type 2 as far as cause?
>
> 3) Why isn't insulin available in pill form; and could it be possible?
>
> 4) In your opinion what is the greastest predetermining factor of diabetes
> A) Obesity
> B) Diet
> C) lifestyle
> D) family history
>
> 5) Recently gastric bypass surgery has been linked with a possible 80% cure rate of diabetes with
> patients who have had the procedure; can you make a brief comment on this subject?
>
> 6) with adult onset, or type 2 diabetes, what age group is more prone?
> A) 20-29
> B) 30-39
> C) 40-49
> D) 50 and above
>
> 7)Can someone with type 1 or type 2 diabetes cure themselves with just diet or excercise?
>
> 8) is there an ethnic group associated with a higher incidence of diabetes? if so which group and
> type.
>
> 9) in your opinion can diabetes be curable for everyone someday
>
> Again thank you so much for your time and effort in supporting the learning process.
>
> Steve Mingus

Spamming a survey... Only gets you bad answers... From those who hate spam.

--
I hate spam, but that isn't really part of my email address. Remove the string "HatesSpam" from this
email address before you use it: [email protected]

Ever wonder what it'd be like to be a blood-sucking parasite? http://tinyurl.com/7wxk

(Steve) wrote:

>Dear sir or Madam: I am a college freshman enrolled in an english 1A online course at Delta College
>in Stockton California. We are currenly doing a research paper and my topic is diabetes. If you are
>an M.D. or other professional that deals with diabetes could you please respond by email to the
>questionnaire below it is short and I would greatly appreciate it DEADLINE for responses is 3/10/04

>Thank you, Steven Mingus Email [email protected]

I am not a Doctor.

>Please include your full name, title, area of expertise, affiliations, and permission to qoute you
>in my paper.(please respond to questions by number) Questionnaire
>
>1) What is the usual cause, if any, of "aquired" or type 2 diabetes?
>
>2) How does type 1 differ from type 2 as far as cause?
>
>3) Why isn't insulin available in pill form; and could it be possible?
>
>4) In your opinion what is the greastest predetermining factor of diabetes
> A) Obesity
> B) Diet
> C) lifestyle
> D) family history
>
>5) Recently gastric bypass surgery has been linked with a possible 80% cure rate of diabetes with
> patients who have had the procedure; can you make a brief comment on this subject?
>
>6) with adult onset, or type 2 diabetes, what age group is more prone?
> A) 20-29
> B) 30-39
> C) 40-49
> D) 50 and above
>
>7)Can someone with type 1 or type 2 diabetes cure themselves with just diet or excercise?
>
>8) is there an ethnic group associated with a higher incidence of diabetes? if so which group
> and type.
>
>9) in your opinion can diabetes be curable for everyone someday
>
>Again thank you so much for your time and effort in supporting the learning process.
>
>Steve Mingus

You deserve to get a **** grade sunshine. all of those questions could be answered by you doing even
the minimum of research instead of being an idle ****.

HTH

##########
Diagnosed 20/03/03 Type II D&E + Metformin + Gliclazide
+ Asprin 210lbs at Dx to BMI 166lbs achieved. To mail: aspen at freeuk.com

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 01:34:05 GMT, Bay Area Dave
<[email protected]> wrote:

>apparently there is at least ONE college freshman who didn't learn to spell by the time he
>graduated from high school.

Perhaps that is why he is studying Englixh??

[**** snip]

Pete

Diagnosed 20/03/03 Type II D&E + Metformin + Gliclazide
+ Asprin 210lbs at Dx to BMI 166lbs achieved. To mail: aspen at freeuk.com

"Pete" <[email protected]> wrote :

> I am not a Doctor.

And I am not a pollster, but I do recognize hidden "push" questions like the following,

> >5) Recently gastric bypass surgery has been linked with a possible 80% cure rate of diabetes with
> > patients who have had the procedure; can you make a brief comment on this subject?

...which expose the real reason for this "research". This guy wants quotes from doctors that can
be used to promote gastric bypass surgery. All the other questions were camouflage.

"Sam" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Pete" <[email protected]> wrote :
> >
> > I am not a Doctor.
>
> And I am not a pollster, but I do recognize hidden "push" questions like
> the following,
>
> > >5) Recently gastric bypass surgery has been linked with a possible 80% cure
> > > rate of diabetes with patients who have had the procedure; can you make a
> > > brief comment on this subject?
>
> ...which expose the real reason for this "research". This guy wants quotes
> from doctors that can be used to promote gastric bypass surgery. All the
> other questions were camouflage.

You're good!

B'adant (treading the murky waters of pharma shill on sci.med.cardiology)

Just curious here: What was your response? Did you get any
positives on the core question? Is there enough info to use
in marketing? Do you have a targeted group specified in your
plan yet? Where is your company located? Thanks