Negative doping

bikeyyurop

Sep 15, 2014
I have an idea. Let people drink a six pack before the race and they will get 10 minutes headstart.

It makes the sport a bit more interesting.

bikeyyurop said:
I have an idea. Let people drink a six pack before the race and they will get 10 minutes headstart.

Sounds like a clubrun at Christmas... Nothing new here.

:wacko:

This was a very interesting comment. I do not think I would race on a bike better after doping up with a six pack anymore than I would drive better after ingesting a six pack. I found it a rather funny concept. Yes, to watch a race with a bunch of intoxicated bikers would make the race a bit more interesting.

That would be pretty cool actually. Even if they had a whole league where to requirement was to fail a breathalyzer before racing that'd be funny.

bikeyyurop said:

Running has something like this. They call it the beer mile. It takes place on a track, and you have to drink a beer before each of the four laps. http://www.beermile.com/

It's explicitly done as an individual race (or at least, all of the videos I've seen have been individuals). I think with biking, you would want to do something similar for safety reasons. Maybe start people at intervals with beer in a camelback or similar, and they have to have finished all of the beer before the cross the finish line.

I'm game.
Reminds me of being 19( Ontario FTW) again, with no responsibilities, some disposable income, bunch of friends, a Kona Shred and a backpack full of beer.

bikeyyurop said:

Take it to those who matter. Take it to the sporting federations and associations. As it stands we can't do anything about it here. We can only entertain the idea.

Just a little reaction on doping in cycling, a friend told me about the "Screeny Weeny" (would love to add the link but iI cant) which I thought was hilarious. They literally made a fake ****, to pass a drug/doping test...