negative drag

On Dec 24, 12:23 am, Jim Behning
<[email protected]> wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 14:33:38 -0800 (PST), "[email protected]"
>

> <[email protected]> wrote:
> >On Dec 23, 2:51 pm, Jim Behning
> ><[email protected]> wrote:
> >> You increase the wind head on.

> >Hello Jim,

> >A windmill generates energy, we can use this energy to move the base
> >of the windmill.

> >We can move it in all directions.

> >Also straight into the wind.

> >This will increase the amount of wind available to us which in it's
> >turn will allow us to displace the base of the windmill faster.

> >And so on. :)

> >I have updated my page a bit.

> >http://gabydewilde.googlepages.com/negative-drag
> >gabydewilde - negative drag

> I bet I am not the only person who is waiting for the video with the
> power meter. I am not a windmill. I do not know how windmills have
> much to do with make a human propelled vehicle go faster. I am not a
> sailboat although with a good tailwind I might think I am one. Read a
> tailwind makes me faster. Not a headwind and not a crosswind that is
> coming at me from my forward direction.
>
> I might be impressed with the fan car if it had no engine and no
> batteries. Capacitors to store energy. All it shows is an electric car
> driving around on batteries. If they could demonstrate that they can
> go farther on a battery charge with the fans than without all that
> aerodynamic drag then the video might have some value.

Hello Jim,

Wind is a force but a windmill generates energy. We can use the energy
to move the windmill up against the force. If it's a small mill on a
big base it wont go very fast of course. But it's an energy
harvesting device that has to overcome a force so eventually even the
smallest mill can build up enough force to overcome the wind. It's
just a bit of gearing. But the wind becomes much more intense from
even the slightest acceleration.

On Dec 12, 7:19 am, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm happy to announce that the drag generated by a vehicle may be used
> by a windmill as if it was wind. This of course creates extra drag but
> this drag is partially shared with the rider.
>
> We thus have a free energy situation on our hands here. :)
>
> Drag is limited by the size of the vehicle. If any amount of this drag
> is turned into propulsion then that percentage (just) wont be
> available for slowing the vehicle down. It's not-there anymore.
>
> I have illustrated the concept here.
>
> http://gabydewilde.googlepages.com/negative-drag
>
> Let me think what you hear ok?
>
> Regards,
>
> gaby de wilde

I have updated my page some what using the feedback from the topics.

Share me your thoughts please :)