Negative effects of OT & flaming

[email protected] (Joseph Kochanowski) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>... [...]

> I do not think you would find any exchange with the V*nd*m*n character useful since he seems to be
> so far out on a limb that there is no chance to have a logical discussion with him. He has a lot
> of complaining about everything but no solutions to offer. He has a list of companies to boycott
> that include mountain bike retailers and electric vehicles but no answers on how to conserve the
> environment. This is what I find suspicious about his motives. He is not interested in getting
> anyone to ride their bikes instead of driving their cars.

I believe that most conservatives know what the human condition amounts to and despair of ever being
able to change it much. Our cycling culture is very small to insignificant in the larger scheme of
things. It essentially amounts to a sport and a recreation, and that is all it can ever be. Like
you, I only use a car for trips out of town; otherwise I am a total bike freak. But I recognize that
this is only for the very few. The mass of men will never have any interest in cycling for any
purpose whatsoever.

The best way to conserve the environment is just to preserve it as set asides for national parks and
wildernesses. There is so very little of it left that it should be easy to do.

> I am interested in solutions to bike problems that I can do something about. A lot of
> conservatives are good at complaining about liberals but few actually show what is good about
> being a conservative or capitalist. I enjoy finding my own solutions to problems like getting
> better lights for night riding, better weather protection and faster speed that I can easily
> implement and show to anyone else. I will not learn better fabrication techniques from someone
> like M*k* V*nd*m*n.

Joseph, in your own modest way you are contributing something valuable but it will not ever to taken
up by the culture at large. We conservatives KNOW that.

We conservatives mainly complain about liberals because their solutions to societal problems never
seem to work. More often than not their solutions actually make matters worse. What happened with
respect to public housing illustrates this perfectly. I saw them going up 50 years ago and I saw
them being blown up recently. It seems we should have learned something from that fiasco but the
liberals press on with just one crazy program after another.

> He would be happy with humans only living in a prison Gulag with strict control by elitists like
> him. My big complaint is that a lot of bike riders I know would like to live in that Gulag.

I do think when you get to the extremes of the political spectrum, whether right or left, that you
want strictly to control people in furtherance of one's utopian ideology of the way things ought to
be. We all ought to abhor utopian ideologies of all stripes since the past century was replete with
just one horrible example after another. At the present time, it is the Islamic extremists who have
a utopian ideology of the way they think the world should be and they are more than willing to kill
(murder) anyone who stands in their way.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Oypcjynf ol.atcbi Am.pcja cob-y a jrbo.pkayck. jrgbypfv Cy-o a ncx.pan jrgbypfv Xgy ypf yr ucigpg.p
yday rgy ,cyd frgp e.jre.p pcbiv D.dv

--
--Scott
"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (Joseph Kochanowski) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [...]
>
> > I do not think you would find any exchange with the V*nd*m*n character
> > useful since he seems to be so far out on a limb that there is no
> > chance to have a logical discussion with him. He has a lot of
> > complaining about everything but no solutions to offer. He has a list
> > of companies to boycott that include mountain bike retailers and
> > electric vehicles but no answers on how to conserve the environment.
> > This is what I find suspicious about his motives. He is not interested
> > in getting anyone to ride their bikes instead of driving their cars.
>
> I believe that most conservatives know what the human condition
> amounts to and despair of ever being able to change it much. Our
> cycling culture is very small to insignificant in the larger scheme of
> things. It essentially amounts to a sport and a recreation, and that
> is all it can ever be. Like you, I only use a car for trips out of
> town; otherwise I am a total bike freak. But I recognize that this is
> only for the very few. The mass of men will never have any interest in
> cycling for any purpose whatsoever.
>
> The best way to conserve the environment is just to preserve it as set
> asides for national parks and wildernesses. There is so very little of
> it left that it should be easy to do.
>
> > I am interested in solutions to bike problems that I can do something
> > about. A lot of conservatives are good at complaining about liberals
> > but few actually show what is good about being a conservative or
> > capitalist. I enjoy finding my own solutions to problems like getting
> > better lights for night riding, better weather protection and faster
> > speed that I can easily implement and show to anyone else. I will not
> > learn better fabrication techniques from someone like M*k* V*nd*m*n.
>
> Joseph, in your own modest way you are contributing something valuable
> but it will not ever to taken up by the culture at large. We
> conservatives KNOW that.
>
> We conservatives mainly complain about liberals because their
> solutions to societal problems never seem to work. More often than not
> their solutions actually make matters worse. What happened with
> respect to public housing illustrates this perfectly. I saw them going
> up 50 years ago and I saw them being blown up recently. It seems we
> should have learned something from that fiasco but the liberals press
> on with just one crazy program after another.
>
> > He would be happy with humans only living in a prison Gulag with
> > strict control by elitists like him. My big complaint is that a lot of
> > bike riders I know would like to live in that Gulag.
>
> I do think when you get to the extremes of the political spectrum,
> whether right or left, that you want strictly to control people in
> furtherance of one's utopian ideology of the way things ought to be.
> We all ought to abhor utopian ideologies of all stripes since the past
> century was replete with just one horrible example after another. At
> the present time, it is the Islamic extremists who have a utopian
> ideology of the way they think the world should be and they are more
> than willing to kill (murder) anyone who stands in their way.
>
> Ed Dolan - Minnesota

"Freewheeling" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> Oypcjynf ol.atcbi Am.pcja cob-y a jrbo.pkayck. jrgbypfv Cy-o a ncx.pan jrgbypfv Xgy ypf yr
> ucigpg.p yday rgy ,cyd frgp e.jre.p pcbiv D.dv

Well, that is one way of ending a thread!

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

On 10 Feb 2004 18:56:56 -0800, [email protected] (Joseph
Kochanowski) wrote in message
<[email protected]>:

> I would certainly enjoy reading a flame war between him and you.

Why? It would be a dialogue of the deaf. Vandespamm reads posts solely for content to misrepresent
as personal attacks or "admissions" that mountain biking is selfish; Dolan reads posts solely in
order to read liberal bias into every statement as an excuse to post right-wing propaganda. Neither
is interested in evidence.

The only common point is that any subthread which contains either name has ceased to be of on-topic
interest. At least Vandespamm usually starts his own rather than joining in others, so his threads
are easier to kill without missing on-topic content.

Guy
===
May contain traces of irony. Contents liable to settle after posting.
http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at the University of Washington.

"Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> On 10 Feb 2004 18:56:56 -0800, [email protected] (Joseph Kochanowski) wrote in message
> <[email protected]>:
>
> > I would certainly enjoy reading a flame war between him and you.
>
> Why? It would be a dialogue of the deaf. Vandespamm reads posts solely for content to misrepresent
> as personal attacks or "admissions" that mountain biking is selfish; Dolan reads posts solely in
> order to read liberal bias into every statement as an excuse to post right-wing propaganda.
> Neither is interested in evidence.

Guy is nothing but a sorehead! I pride myself on being multidimensional and not a one note Johnny
like so many here. I don't bother to refute others who may have "evidence" but it is ever my delight
to refute know nothings like Guy who present nothing but there untarnished opinions. That is what I
do too. But at least I am honest about it.

> The only common point is that any subthread which contains either name has ceased to be of on-
> topic interest. At least Vandespamm usually starts his own rather than joining in others, so his
> threads are easier to kill without missing on-topic content.

Guy is right about that at least. I do not start threads. If I did I could easily ruin this
newsgroup. But I value this newsgroup, and so I only respond to messages which are off topic and
loony. That 90% of such messages happen to be liberal is my cross to bear. Guy hates refutation, and
likes to blather on about facts and evidence - as if any of that ever showed up on this forum. Give
me a break!

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

On 15 Feb 2004 20:26:56 -0800, [email protected] (Edward Dolan) wrote in
message <[email protected]>:

Stop nym-shifting, it increases my kf maintenance overhead.

>multidimensional and not a one note Johnny like so many here. I don't bother to refute others who
>may have "evidence" but it is ever my delight to refute know nothings like Guy who present nothing
>but there untarnished opinions. That is what I do too. But at least I am honest about it.

Er, no. I kf'ed you because you responded to actual published evidence with citations from the
American Journal of Because I Said So. Unless you have moved to a position where you accept evidence
and offer evidence yourself, rather than the "Right is right" stance whihc has hitherto been your
trademark, the sin bin is where you stay.

>I do not start threads. If I did I could easily ruin this newsgroup. But I value this newsgroup,
>and so I only respond to messages which are off topic and loony.

Actually you seem to turn ewverything into offtopic and loony.

>That 90% of such messages happen to be liberal is my cross to bear.

That is because to you Ronald Reagan was a dangerous pinko commie subversive :)

>Guy hates refutation, and likes to blather on about facts and evidence - as if any of that ever
>showed up on this forum. Give me a break!

I have no objections to refutation. What annoys me is repudiation, especially when it flies in the
face of the evidence.

And now, Mr Vandemann awaits your pleasure in the corner over there.

<plonk> Guy
===
May contain traces of irony. Contents liable to settle after posting.
http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at the University of Washington.

Guy... It all becomes clear once one realizes that E. Dolan M. is an anagram for Mondale. (the .d
.innesota are red herrings). Imagine the angst that must cause. Only state in the Union that didn't
back Reagan. Tsk Tsk.

Take solace in the notion that 'tis quicker for you to plonk than for *d to get a new account. In
the meantime enjoy his curious spelling, peculiar grammar, and try to keep track of the number of
times you read "me smart, you, ah, not, er, you that other thing."

(brought to you by a really strong Brownian motion producer...)

"Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> On 15 Feb 2004 20:26:56 -0800, [email protected] (Edward Dolan) wrote in message
> <[email protected]>:
>
> Stop nym-shifting, it increases my kf maintenance overhead.

As always, mystifying. Anyone else know what he is blathering about?

> >multidimensional and not a one note Johnny like so many here. I don't bother to refute others who
> >may have "evidence" but it is ever my delight to refute know nothings like Guy who present
> >nothing but there untarnished opinions. That is what I do too. But at least I am honest about it.
>
> Er, no. I kf'ed you because you responded to actual published evidence with citations from the
> American Journal of Because I Said So. Unless you have moved to a position where you accept
> evidence and offer evidence yourself, rather than the "Right is right" stance which has hitherto
> been your trademark, the sin bin is where you stay.

Evidence is never what it appears to be. It is usually so slanted one way as presented by you that
to call it evidence is a crime and a folly. Let's face it, you wouldn't know a fact if it jumped up
and bit you in the elbow.

> >I do not start threads. If I did I could easily ruin this newsgroup. But I value this newsgroup,
> >and so I only respond to messages which are off topic and loony.
>
> Actually you seem to turn everything into offtopic and loony.

Like I said previously, I am multidimensional and not a one note Johnny like you. My mind ranges
widely and I do not see why I should restrict myself to your narrow focus. I mean, why bore everyone
to death here just because you are so boring!

> >That 90% of such messages happen to be liberal is my cross to bear.
>
> That is because to you Ronald Reagan was a dangerous pinko commie subversive :)

Reagan won the Cold War for the West which is more than any liberal moron ever did.

> >Guy hates refutation, and likes to blather on about facts and evidence - as if any of that ever
> >showed up on this forum. Give me a break!
>
> I have no objections to refutation. What annoys me is repudiation, especially when it flies in the
> face of the evidence.

No, you hate refutation like all liberals do. You think you have a God given right to rule in this
world and that all your opinions are true and have been sanctified by such events as the French
Revolution and other such catastrophes. You most likely think also that the Bolshevik Revolution in
Russia was also a step in the right direction in the progress of mankind. In short, you are
hopelessly retrogressive in all your views.

> And now, Mr Vandemann awaits your pleasure in the corner over there.

If Mr. Vandemann is opposed to mountain biking in the wilderness I am 100% in his court.

> <plonk>

Well, screw you too!

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Anagrammatically correct <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> Guy... It all becomes clear once one realizes that E. Dolan M. is an anagram for Mondale. (the .d
> .innesota are red herrings). Imagine the angst that must cause. Only state in the Union that
> didn't back Reagan. Tsk Tsk.

Mondale was the greatest jerk to ever come out of Minnesota and he deserved to lose big time like he
did. But the fact is that Minnesota has provided more dumbbells and morons to the nation than any
other state except Mass. of course. Kerry is the lastest jackass to come out of Mass. and his fate
will be the same as Mondale's.

> Take solace in the notion that 'tis quicker for you to plonk than for *d to get a new account. In
> the meantime enjoy his curious spelling, peculiar grammar, and try to keep track of the number of
> times you read "me smart, you, ah, not, er, you that other thing."

Totally nonsensical. My spelling and grammar should be a model for everyone else here, most
particularly you. But any IDIOT who goes by the name of "Anagrammatically correct" says it all in a
nutshell. Crazy is as crazy does. Or is it crazy does as crazy is?

Guy is a coward and a scoundrel. He kill files me, yet responds to what I have said based on
what he sees in the postings of others who only partially quote me. I have no time for such
pitiful creatures. If you have kill filed me, then you should not be responding to anything I
have said. Period!

Ed Dolan - Minnesota