Neil was hit today in a road accident

Becka Currant

Guest
Neil went out for a ride today but was hit by a car turning right into a side road not far from
home. Fortunately he is fine apart from minor bruising, sprains and gravel rash but his bike is
totalled.....

The b*s*a*d driver originally admitted liability at the scene but has since told his insurance
company that Neil was to blame (he wasn't I assure you). we have reported it to the police but
unfortunately there are no witnesses so it's his word against the drivers. We have contacted the CTC
accident line and are waiting for the documentation to arrive in the post so we can see if we can
make a claim.

Have any of you been in a similar situation and made a successful claim?? To be honest I can't see
*what* the driver can have told them which makes it Neil's fault but he's obviously concocted some
bull**** story.....

We have £2k of broken bike in the kitchen and are both very annoyed.

In the meantime if any of you cycle in/near Harden keep an eye out for a car with the reg. YG03 CNK.

Thanks for any help you can give

Becka

"becka currant" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Neil went out for a ride today but was hit by a car turning right into a side road not far from
> home. Fortunately he is fine apart from minor bruising, sprains and gravel rash but his bike is
> totalled.....
>
> The b*s*a*d driver originally admitted liability at the scene but has since told his insurance
> company that Neil was to blame (he wasn't I assure you). we have reported it to the police but
> unfortunately there are no witnesses so it's his word against the drivers. We have contacted the
> CTC accident line and are waiting for the documentation to arrive in the post so we can see if we
> can make a claim.
>
> Have any of you been in a similar situation and made a successful claim?? To be honest I can't see
> *what* the driver can have told them which makes it Neil's fault but he's obviously concocted some
> bull**** story.....
>
> We have £2k of broken bike in the kitchen and are both very annoyed.
>
> In the meantime if any of you cycle in/near Harden keep an eye out for a car with the reg.
> YG03 CNK.
>
> Thanks for any help you can give
>
> Becka

Hey Becka, welcome back...and to the world of new motherhood. Glad to hear Neil's ok, relatively
speaking, sorry to hear about the bike though. This is what I love about the human condition. If we
were like bikes you'd have Neil in a bikeshop somewhere with someone making a sharp intake of breath
followed by 'it's gonna cost yer, that mate!!' We can tell that you're annoyed as you are shaking
that much you appear to have hit the enter key 3 times. That's some shaking, lady ;-) Dave.

p.s. - do you want the cyclin' ninjas to pay a visit to Mr YG03 CNK, to remind him exactly what
happened ?

Welcome back, Becka, I'm just sorry it's with such bad news.

I am very glad Neil is okay and a pox on the driver who is changing his story. Hopefully the
evidence of the bike and if plod investigate the scene the b*st*rd will be brought to book. Best of
luck with the CTC line. I am getting very, very p*ssed off with the attitude of many a driver and
many a plod right now...

Cheers, helen s

h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$**o$l.c$$*o$*m*$ by getting rid of the
overdependence on money and fame