Nelson, Barry or anyone who works with Giants.........

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Mtbscottie, Nov 5, 2003.

  1. Mtbscottie

    Mtbscottie Guest

    Is the VT frame available for puchase on it's own, and if so, is it sold with the rear shock?

    Tags:

  2. Westie

    Westie Guest

    "MTBScottie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Is the VT frame available for puchase on it's own, and if so, is it sold
    with
    > the rear shock?

    Can't tell you where you'd get one, but have a look at the Giant European site. The VT is listed
    there as just a frame, and I have seen the frame advertised in some of the English Bike Mags so I'd
    say 'Yes' to the first question and 'Optional' to the second.
    --
    Westie (Replace 'invalid' with 'yahoo' when replying.)

  3. On 05 Nov 2003 17:32:57 GMT, [email protected] (MTBScottie) wrote:

    >Is the VT frame available for puchase on it's own, and if so, is it sold with the rear shock?

    Yes and yes. The SPV shock is included with the frame set.

    Barry

  4. Mtbscottie

    Mtbscottie Guest

    Thanks Barry, I found an AC frame with the Rock Shox Pro Deluxe shock for just over a thousand on
    speedgoat.com, is the VT anywhere near that range or less?

  5. On 05 Nov 2003 22:56:00 GMT, [email protected] (MTBScottie) wrote:

    >Thanks Barry, I found an AC frame with the Rock Shox Pro Deluxe shock for just over a thousand on
    >speedgoat.com, is the VT anywhere near that range or less?

    Last time I ordered a 2003 VT frameset, it was slightly more than that, maybe $1200 or so. I don't
    remember the exact number, and I'm not at the shop. The SPV shock is a much better shock that that,
    so I'd imagine the price would be more.

    Barry

  6. Sorry, I've only been semi-lurking for a while (long hours at work do that to you)

    I'll have to check the dealer book and the avail. lists at work tomorrow, but I think so.

    I've never seen the VT in person.

  7. R.White

    R.White Guest

    [email protected] (MTBScottie) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Thanks Barry, I found an AC frame with the Rock Shox Pro Deluxe shock for just over a thousand on
    > speedgoat.com, is the VT anywhere near that range or less?

    Three have been sold on Ebay in the last week. Ranged in price from $625 to $680. None currently
    there now though. Keep checking there.

  8. MTBScottie

    MTBScottie Guest

    [email protected] (R.White) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (MTBScottie) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Thanks Barry, I found an AC frame with the Rock Shox Pro Deluxe shock for just over a thousand
    > > on speedgoat.com, is the VT anywhere near that range or less?
    >
    > Three have been sold on Ebay in the last week. Ranged in price from $625 to $680. None currently
    > there now though. Keep checking there.

    Brand new?