NEMBA Roast & Ride: Summer Campout 2003

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Clydesdalemtb, Feb 2, 2003.

  1. Got the winter blues? Well come join us and the rest of the New England Mountain Bike Association
    kick it into summer with our first,

    NEMBA ROAST & RIDE: SUMMER CAMPOUT 2003 To Benefit the Land Preservation Fund to Buy Vietnam

    WHERE? Bear Brook State Park , Allenstown, NH

    WHEN? June 14, 2003

    *MARKED TRAILS FOR ALL ABILITIES*

    Come join us on June 14’th for some of the best mountain biking in New Hampshire and enjoy the taste
    of a fully catered pig roast! Stay for the day, or camp the weekend with us and ride all you want.

    Campsites are limited, so make your camping reservations NOW by calling 603-271-3628 or visiting
    Bear Brook’s website @ http://www.nhparks.state.nh.us/ParksPages/BearBrook/BearBrkCmp.html

    DIRECTIONS: FROM I-93: Exit 13 onto Route 3 South (Manchester St), follow to Route 28 East and
    follow signs to Bear Brook State Park. FROM I-95: Route 4 West to Route 28 West and follow signs to
    Bear Brook State Park.

    Concord, NH (25 minutes) Boston, MA (1 ½ hrs) Providence, RI (2 ½ hrs) Hartford, CT (3 hrs) New
    York, NY (5 hrs) Portland, ME (2 hrs 20 mins) Burlington, VT (3 hrs) Montreal, Canada (5 ½ hrs)

    The cost of the event is still TBD (est. $40+pp), and all proceeds will go towards the purchase
    of Vietnam.

    http://www.nemba.org/nembaevents/vietnamlandpurchase.html

    Tags:

  2. Jd

    Jd Guest

    ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > NEMBA ROAST & RIDE: SUMMER CAMPOUT 2003 To Benefit the Land Preservation Fund to Buy Vietnam

    Do we have to eat the fish head soup?

    > Concord, NH (25 minutes) Boston, MA (1 ½ hrs) Providence, RI (2 ½ hrs) Hartford, CT (3 hrs) New
    > York, NY (5 hrs) Portland, ME (2 hrs 20 mins) Burlington, VT (3 hrs) Montreal, Canada (5 ½ hrs)
    Fruita, Colorado (3 days man, 3 days, we just love ya we just love ya)

    JD

  3. JD wrote:
    > ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >>NEMBA ROAST & RIDE: SUMMER CAMPOUT 2003 To Benefit the Land Preservation Fund to Buy Vietnam
    >

    > Do we have to eat the fish head soup?

    Only if it suits you

    > Fruita, Colorado (3 days man, 3 days, we just love ya we just love ya)

    There is a place on our couch for you, and we are .75 miles from the Dodge Road trail-head which
    puts you right on the middle of Lost Trail.

    You can show us flatlanders how to climb Hall Mt. in style

  4. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    > There is a place on our couch for you, and we are .75 miles from the Dodge Road trail-head which
    > puts you right on the middle of Lost Trail.

    Do you have any room on that couch for a bunch of rowdy mountainbiking NY'rs who might be showing
    up as well?

    - CA-G looking for a spot on the couch...

    Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

  5. Carla A-G wrote:
    > "ClydesdaleMTB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>There is a place on our couch for you, and we are .75 miles from the Dodge Road trail-head which
    >>puts you right on the middle of Lost Trail.
    >

    > Do you have any room on that couch for a bunch of rowdy mountainbiking NY'rs who might be showing
    > up as well?

    I dunno, we only have one couch.... Perhaps I could convince my wife she really want's to go up to
    her sister's house for that weekend and take the kids with her?-)

    > looking for a spot on the couch...

    Let me talk to SWMBO, though my wife tax is pretty high right now, as I've been late at the garage
    every night (including Sat. & Sun.) for the past 2 weeks working on her "new" car.

  6. JD wrote:

    > [email protected] (Stephen Baker) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > >- CA-G looking for a spot on the couch...
    > >
    > > And how does Jimbo(san) feel about you sharing the couch with JD?
    > >
    > > Steve (who may show up on a day-only basis)
    >
    > We'll all fit just fine.
    >
    > JD

    A bunch of us Connecticut types are bringing our own couch, AKA tent. It sure would be nice to place
    some live faces on some names.

    Barry

  7. JD wrote:
    > [email protected] (Stephen Baker) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >>>- CA-G looking for a spot on the couch...
    >>
    >>And how does Jimbo(san) feel about you sharing the couch with JD?
    >>
    >>Steve (who may show up on a day-only basis)
    >

    > We'll all fit just fine.

    On the FLOOR, maybee. But I barely fit on the couch, alone. Then again Carla is considerably shorter
    than I am.......

  8. B a r r y B u r k e J r . wrote:
    > JD wrote:
    >
    >>[email protected] (Stephen Baker) wrote in message
    >>news:<[email protected]>...

    >>>And how does Jimbo(san) feel about you sharing the couch with JD?
    >>>
    >>>Steve (who may show up on a day-only basis)
    >>
    >>We'll all fit just fine.
    >>
    >>JD
    >

    > A bunch of us Connecticut types are bringing our own couch, AKA tent. It sure would be nice to
    > place some live faces on some names.
    >
    > Barry

    Not sure what I'm doing then, but you wouldn't have room for one more bike and biker, wouldja? If
    not, I might take a friend up with me instead.

    Jon Bond although 40 bux is a bit steep for a day riding, since I'm trying to save up for the
    new bike...

  9. Jonathan Bond wrote:

    > Not sure what I'm doing then, but you wouldn't have room for one more bike and biker, wouldja? If
    > not, I might take a friend up with me instead.
    >
    > Jon Bond although 40 bux is a bit steep for a day riding, since I'm trying to save up for the
    > new bike...

    If you mean in the camp, I don't see why not.

    Don't forget, it's a fund raiser, hence the price.

    Barry

  10. B a r r y B u r k e J r . wrote:
    > Jonathan Bond wrote:
    >

    >>Not sure what I'm doing then, but you wouldn't have room for one more bike and biker, wouldja? If
    >>not, I might take a friend up with me instead.
    >>
    >>Jon Bond although 40 bux is a bit steep for a day riding, since I'm trying to save up for the
    >>new bike...

    And a Pig Roast...(I'm trying to convince my bud Todd that we should brew up a few kegs of special
    BEvERageS for the event ;-)

    > Don't forget, it's a fund raiser, hence the price.

    C'Mon Jon you've ridden 'Nam with the Rage folks haven't you? You know how awesome it is and how
    critical it is we save it from the developers bulldozer.

    It that isn't enough, you finally get to meet _ME_

    --
    John G.... Just had to punch another buckle hole in my leather belt. (and I'm happy to report it was
    to take it _in_ not out ;-)

  11. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > And a Pig Roast...(I'm trying to convince my bud Todd that we should brew up a few kegs of special
    > BEvERageS for the event ;-)

    Ahhh - that takes me back.....drinking home brew and burning policemen........'happy daze'.......

    > John G.... Just had to punch another buckle hole in my leather belt. (and I'm happy to report it
    > was to take it _in_ not out ;-)

    Woah! Yer gonna have to change yer handle soon John!

    ',;~}

    Shaun aRe

  12. ClydesdaleMTB wrote:

    > B a r r y B u r k e J r . wrote:
    >
    >> Jonathan Bond wrote:
    >>

    >>> Not sure what I'm doing then, but you wouldn't have room for one more bike and biker, wouldja?
    >>> If not, I might take a friend up with me instead.
    >>>
    >>> Jon Bond although 40 bux is a bit steep for a day riding, since I'm trying to save up for the
    >>> new bike...
    >>

    > And a Pig Roast...(I'm trying to convince my bud Todd that we should brew up a few kegs of special
    > BEvERageS for the event ;-)

    True, but I'm a poor starving college student ;) And just why would you say you're brewing up some
    special BEvERageS? Like, coke or "summink" (thats for you, Shaun!)

    > > Don't forget, it's a fund raiser, hence the price.
    >
    > C'Mon Jon you've ridden 'Nam with the Rage folks haven't you? You know how awesome it is and how
    > critical it is we save it from the developers bulldozer.

    Not yet, actually. However, I have donated some cash already anyway.

    > It that isn't enough, you finally get to meet _ME_

    Um... can't make it, sorry ;)

    Jon Bond