NEMBA Roast & Ride: Summer Campout 2003

Clydesdalemtb

Guest
Got the winter blues? Well come join us and the rest of the New England Mountain Bike Association
kick it into summer with our first,

NEMBA ROAST & RIDE: SUMMER CAMPOUT 2003 To Benefit the Land Preservation Fund to Buy Vietnam

WHERE? Bear Brook State Park , Allenstown, NH

WHEN? June 14, 2003

*MARKED TRAILS FOR ALL ABILITIES*

Come join us on June 14’th for some of the best mountain biking in New Hampshire and enjoy the taste
of a fully catered pig roast! Stay for the day, or camp the weekend with us and ride all you want.

Campsites are limited, so make your camping reservations NOW by calling 603-271-3628 or visiting
Bear Brook’s website @ http://www.nhparks.state.nh.us/ParksPages/BearBrook/BearBrkCmp.html

DIRECTIONS: FROM I-93: Exit 13 onto Route 3 South (Manchester St), follow to Route 28 East and
follow signs to Bear Brook State Park. FROM I-95: Route 4 West to Route 28 West and follow signs to
Bear Brook State Park.

Concord, NH (25 minutes) Boston, MA (1 ½ hrs) Providence, RI (2 ½ hrs) Hartford, CT (3 hrs) New
York, NY (5 hrs) Portland, ME (2 hrs 20 mins) Burlington, VT (3 hrs) Montreal, Canada (5 ½ hrs)

The cost of the event is still TBD (est. $40+pp), and all proceeds will go towards the purchase
of Vietnam.

http://www.nemba.org/nembaevents/vietnamlandpurchase.html

ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> NEMBA ROAST & RIDE: SUMMER CAMPOUT 2003 To Benefit the Land Preservation Fund to Buy Vietnam

Do we have to eat the fish head soup?

> Concord, NH (25 minutes) Boston, MA (1 ½ hrs) Providence, RI (2 ½ hrs) Hartford, CT (3 hrs) New
> York, NY (5 hrs) Portland, ME (2 hrs 20 mins) Burlington, VT (3 hrs) Montreal, Canada (5 ½ hrs)
Fruita, Colorado (3 days man, 3 days, we just love ya we just love ya)

JD

JD wrote:
> ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>NEMBA ROAST & RIDE: SUMMER CAMPOUT 2003 To Benefit the Land Preservation Fund to Buy Vietnam
>

> Do we have to eat the fish head soup?

Only if it suits you

> Fruita, Colorado (3 days man, 3 days, we just love ya we just love ya)

There is a place on our couch for you, and we are .75 miles from the Dodge Road trail-head which
puts you right on the middle of Lost Trail.

You can show us flatlanders how to climb Hall Mt. in style

> There is a place on our couch for you, and we are .75 miles from the Dodge Road trail-head which
> puts you right on the middle of Lost Trail.

Do you have any room on that couch for a bunch of rowdy mountainbiking NY'rs who might be showing
up as well?

- CA-G looking for a spot on the couch...

Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

Carla A-G wrote:
> "ClydesdaleMTB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>There is a place on our couch for you, and we are .75 miles from the Dodge Road trail-head which
>>puts you right on the middle of Lost Trail.
>

> Do you have any room on that couch for a bunch of rowdy mountainbiking NY'rs who might be showing
> up as well?

I dunno, we only have one couch.... Perhaps I could convince my wife she really want's to go up to
her sister's house for that weekend and take the kids with her?-)

> looking for a spot on the couch...

Let me talk to SWMBO, though my wife tax is pretty high right now, as I've been late at the garage
every night (including Sat. & Sun.) for the past 2 weeks working on her "new" car.

JD wrote:

> [email protected] (Stephen Baker) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > >- CA-G looking for a spot on the couch...
> >
> > And how does Jimbo(san) feel about you sharing the couch with JD?
> >
> > Steve (who may show up on a day-only basis)
>
> We'll all fit just fine.
>
> JD

A bunch of us Connecticut types are bringing our own couch, AKA tent. It sure would be nice to place
some live faces on some names.

Barry

JD wrote:
> [email protected] (Stephen Baker) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>>- CA-G looking for a spot on the couch...
>>
>>And how does Jimbo(san) feel about you sharing the couch with JD?
>>
>>Steve (who may show up on a day-only basis)
>

> We'll all fit just fine.

On the FLOOR, maybee. But I barely fit on the couch, alone. Then again Carla is considerably shorter
than I am.......

B a r r y B u r k e J r . wrote:
> JD wrote:
>
>>[email protected] (Stephen Baker) wrote in message
>>news:<[email protected]>...

>>>And how does Jimbo(san) feel about you sharing the couch with JD?
>>>
>>>Steve (who may show up on a day-only basis)
>>
>>We'll all fit just fine.
>>
>>JD
>

> A bunch of us Connecticut types are bringing our own couch, AKA tent. It sure would be nice to
> place some live faces on some names.
>
> Barry

Not sure what I'm doing then, but you wouldn't have room for one more bike and biker, wouldja? If
not, I might take a friend up with me instead.

Jon Bond although 40 bux is a bit steep for a day riding, since I'm trying to save up for the
new bike...

Jonathan Bond wrote:

> Not sure what I'm doing then, but you wouldn't have room for one more bike and biker, wouldja? If
> not, I might take a friend up with me instead.
>
> Jon Bond although 40 bux is a bit steep for a day riding, since I'm trying to save up for the
> new bike...

If you mean in the camp, I don't see why not.

Don't forget, it's a fund raiser, hence the price.

Barry

B a r r y B u r k e J r . wrote:
> Jonathan Bond wrote:
>

>>Not sure what I'm doing then, but you wouldn't have room for one more bike and biker, wouldja? If
>>not, I might take a friend up with me instead.
>>
>>Jon Bond although 40 bux is a bit steep for a day riding, since I'm trying to save up for the
>>new bike...

And a Pig Roast...(I'm trying to convince my bud Todd that we should brew up a few kegs of special
BEvERageS for the event ;-)

> Don't forget, it's a fund raiser, hence the price.

C'Mon Jon you've ridden 'Nam with the Rage folks haven't you? You know how awesome it is and how
critical it is we save it from the developers bulldozer.

It that isn't enough, you finally get to meet _ME_

--
John G.... Just had to punch another buckle hole in my leather belt. (and I'm happy to report it was
to take it _in_ not out ;-)

ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> And a Pig Roast...(I'm trying to convince my bud Todd that we should brew up a few kegs of special
> BEvERageS for the event ;-)

Ahhh - that takes me back.....drinking home brew and burning policemen........'happy daze'.......

> John G.... Just had to punch another buckle hole in my leather belt. (and I'm happy to report it
> was to take it _in_ not out ;-)

Woah! Yer gonna have to change yer handle soon John!

',;~}

Shaun aRe

ClydesdaleMTB wrote:

> B a r r y B u r k e J r . wrote:
>
>> Jonathan Bond wrote:
>>

>>> Not sure what I'm doing then, but you wouldn't have room for one more bike and biker, wouldja?
>>> If not, I might take a friend up with me instead.
>>>
>>> Jon Bond although 40 bux is a bit steep for a day riding, since I'm trying to save up for the
>>> new bike...
>>

> And a Pig Roast...(I'm trying to convince my bud Todd that we should brew up a few kegs of special
> BEvERageS for the event ;-)

True, but I'm a poor starving college student ;) And just why would you say you're brewing up some
special BEvERageS? Like, coke or "summink" (thats for you, Shaun!)

> > Don't forget, it's a fund raiser, hence the price.
>
> C'Mon Jon you've ridden 'Nam with the Rage folks haven't you? You know how awesome it is and how
> critical it is we save it from the developers bulldozer.

Not yet, actually. However, I have donated some cash already anyway.

> It that isn't enough, you finally get to meet _ME_

Um... can't make it, sorry ;)

Jon Bond