Nerius TA 34T chainring fitting problem

tiddy

Sep 28, 2004
Help need & appreciated.
I tried to fit a Nerius 34T 110mm chain ring to a Campagnolo Compact spider. The 5th branch is different and I don't seem to be able to align the holes as a result - am i missing something - no instructions came with the ring.

Hoping sobody out there might be able to help

regards

tim

tiddy said:
Help need & appreciated.
I tried to fit a Nerius 34T 110mm chain ring to a Campagnolo Compact spider. The 5th branch is different and I don't seem to be able to align the holes as a result - am i missing something - no instructions came with the ring.

Hoping sobody out there might be able to help

regards

tim

I am not 100% certain on this, but I believe that the 5th hole on the inner chainrings for the Record, Chorus, and Centaur Carbon compacts is slightly different than the Centaur (aluminum) and Veloce compacts because of the fixation of the 5th bolt directly to the crank arm on the higher end stuff.

John M said:
I am not 100% certain on this, but I believe that the 5th hole on the inner chainrings for the Record, Chorus, and Centaur Carbon compacts is slightly different than the Centaur (aluminum) and Veloce compacts because of the fixation of the 5th bolt directly to the crank arm on the higher end stuff.
Thank you John for your reply - I am going to my LBS tomorrow to see if anything can be done. I came across a quote on a French site but was unable to decipher it - " la 5eme branche est legerement en retrait permettant la fixation de la manivelle " - I can make a stab at the translation - the fifth branch is slightly recessed permitting --------- to be attached - perhaps your French is better than mine - I cannot find a dictionary!

regards & happy cycling

John M said:
Thank you John for your reply - I am going to my LBS tomorrow to see if anything can be done. I came across a quote on a French site but was unable to decipher it - " la 5eme branche est legerement en retrait permettant la fixation de la manivelle " - I can make a stab at the translation - the fifth branch is slightly recessed permitting --------- to be attached - perhaps your French is better than mine - I cannot find a dictionary!

regards & happy cycling

Thanks to all who replied - I went to LBS today ( Tuam, Co. Galway, Ireland) - got it fitted - it need a little persuasion - Dara thought that the chainring may have got a little bend in the post or else we might see a recall - anyway it is now fitted! John is probably correct with regards to his suggestion.

So thanks once again - happy cycling

Tim

gclark8 said: