Nervous stomach foods

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by tofuqueen, Jan 14, 2006.

  1. tofuqueen

    tofuqueen Guest

    Not sure if anyone in here relates to this, but when I'm nervous about
    something, I have trouble eating. The thought of the regular foods
    that love, make me want to gag. I know that I need to eat, but for the
    life of me, I open up the fridge and just want to gag.

    Do any of you have particular foods that you eat during stressful times
    (and I'm not talking about chocolate, cake and all the other sugar
    laden stuff that in a way is somewhat appealing :)

    To add to this conundrum, I'm also a vegatarian and a low carb(er).
    Thanks for any suggestions.

    Tags:

  2. Boron Elgar

    Boron Elgar Guest

    On 14 Jan 2006 11:48:20 -0800, "tofuqueen" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Not sure if anyone in here relates to this, but when I'm nervous about
    >something, I have trouble eating. The thought of the regular foods
    >that love, make me want to gag. I know that I need to eat, but for the
    >life of me, I open up the fridge and just want to gag.
    >
    >Do any of you have particular foods that you eat during stressful times
    >(and I'm not talking about chocolate, cake and all the other sugar
    >laden stuff that in a way is somewhat appealing :)
    >
    >To add to this conundrum, I'm also a vegatarian and a low carb(er).
    >Thanks for any suggestions.

    Tea with honey and lemon. The honey gives you a few calories, even tho
    you low-carb,and the combination is quite soothing and may calm your
    tummy enough to work up to something else.

    Usually one tries dry toast or crackers with such a stomach. This,
    too, may be out of your realm. You can attempt a soft-boiled egg if
    you are ovo-lacto.

    Boron

  3. Dave Smith

    Dave Smith Guest

    tofuqueen wrote:

    > Not sure if anyone in here relates to this, but when I'm nervous about
    > something, I have trouble eating. The thought of the regular foods
    > that love, make me want to gag. I know that I need to eat, but for the
    > life of me, I open up the fridge and just want to gag.
    >
    > Do any of you have particular foods that you eat during stressful times
    > (and I'm not talking about chocolate, cake and all the other sugar
    > laden stuff that in a way is somewhat appealing :)
    >
    > To add to this conundrum, I'm also a vegatarian and a low carb(er).
    > Thanks for any suggestions.

    Learn to eat a properly balanced diet that included meat and carbs and
    maybe you wouldn't develop a nervous stomach.

  4. Jo Ling

    Jo Ling Guest

    Chocolate. Chocolate in chocolate sauce, with a sprinkling of chocolate
    flakes.

    Preferably in a chocolate bowl, with a chocolate spoon.

    "tofuqueen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Not sure if anyone in here relates to this, but when I'm nervous about
    > something, I have trouble eating. The thought of the regular foods
    > that love, make me want to gag. I know that I need to eat, but for the
    > life of me, I open up the fridge and just want to gag.
    >
    > Do any of you have particular foods that you eat during stressful times
    > (and I'm not talking about chocolate, cake and all the other sugar
    > laden stuff that in a way is somewhat appealing :)
    >
    > To add to this conundrum, I'm also a vegatarian and a low carb(er).
    > Thanks for any suggestions.

  5. Xanax with mango chutney

  6. On 14 Jan 2006 11:48:20 -0800, in rec.food.cooking, "tofuqueen"
    <[email protected]> hit the crackpipe and declared:
    >Not sure if anyone in here relates to this, but when I'm nervous about
    >something, I have trouble eating. The thought of the regular foods
    >that love, make me want to gag. I know that I need to eat, but for the
    >life of me, I open up the fridge and just want to gag.
    >
    >Do any of you have particular foods that you eat during stressful times
    >(and I'm not talking about chocolate, cake and all the other sugar
    >laden stuff that in a way is somewhat appealing :)
    >
    >To add to this conundrum, I'm also a vegatarian and a low carb(er).
    >Thanks for any suggestions.

    Suck on a nice big cock.

  7. In article <[email protected]>,
    "tofuqueen" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Not sure if anyone in here relates to this, but when I'm nervous about
    > something, I have trouble eating. The thought of the regular foods
    > that love, make me want to gag. I know that I need to eat, but for the
    > life of me, I open up the fridge and just want to gag.
    >
    > Do any of you have particular foods that you eat during stressful times
    > (and I'm not talking about chocolate, cake and all the other sugar
    > laden stuff that in a way is somewhat appealing :)
    >
    > To add to this conundrum, I'm also a vegatarian and a low carb(er).
    > Thanks for any suggestions.

    Simple cream broths for me.......

    Veggie stock broth, salted to taste, add a bit of heavy cream.
    Make the stock from non-starchy veggies to include celery, onion,
    garlic, ginger, parsley, cabbage, broccoli and mushrooms.

    Maybe a bit of tomato but not too much. The acid from tomatoes might
    upset a nervous stomach.

    Fresh ginger is soothing.

    I'd use chicken personally, but you said you were veggie/low carb.

    Those two don't go well together as a general rule. <G>
    --
    Om.

  8. In article <[email protected]>,
    Boron Elgar <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On 14 Jan 2006 11:48:20 -0800, "tofuqueen" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Not sure if anyone in here relates to this, but when I'm nervous about
    > >something, I have trouble eating. The thought of the regular foods
    > >that love, make me want to gag. I know that I need to eat, but for the
    > >life of me, I open up the fridge and just want to gag.
    > >
    > >Do any of you have particular foods that you eat during stressful times
    > >(and I'm not talking about chocolate, cake and all the other sugar
    > >laden stuff that in a way is somewhat appealing :)
    > >
    > >To add to this conundrum, I'm also a vegatarian and a low carb(er).
    > >Thanks for any suggestions.

    > Tea with honey and lemon. The honey gives you a few calories, even tho
    > you low-carb,and the combination is quite soothing and may calm your
    > tummy enough to work up to something else.
    >
    > Usually one tries dry toast or crackers with such a stomach. This,
    > too, may be out of your realm. You can attempt a soft-boiled egg if
    > you are ovo-lacto.
    >
    > Boron

    Hell, just down a shot of vodka. <lol>

    That is not exactly easy on the stomach, unless you make a "white
    russian" and mix it with heavy cream, but it's low carb and
    vegetarian....... ;-D

    Cream is not vegetarian unless you use coconut cream.

    That'll calm your nerves!
    --
    Om.

  9. The Bubbo

    The Bubbo Guest

    tofuqueen wrote:
    > Not sure if anyone in here relates to this, but when I'm nervous about
    > something, I have trouble eating. The thought of the regular foods
    > that love, make me want to gag. I know that I need to eat, but for the
    > life of me, I open up the fridge and just want to gag.
    >
    > Do any of you have particular foods that you eat during stressful times
    > (and I'm not talking about chocolate, cake and all the other sugar
    > laden stuff that in a way is somewhat appealing :)
    >
    > To add to this conundrum, I'm also a vegatarian and a low carb(er).
    > Thanks for any suggestions.

    I was going to suggest cream of wheat, it's what I eat when i am too nervous
    or sick to eat regular food, but I don't know how that fits with the carb
    thing.

    --
    ..:Heather:.
    www.velvet-c.com

  10. Boron Elgar

    Boron Elgar Guest

    On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 15:32:17 -0500, Dave Smith
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Learn to eat a properly balanced diet that included meat and carbs and
    >maybe you wouldn't develop a nervous stomach.

    Nonsense. One has nothing to do with the other.

    Boron

  11. tofuqueen

    tofuqueen Guest

    Dave Smith wrote:
    > tofuqueen wrote:
    >
    > > Not sure if anyone in here relates to this, but when I'm nervous about
    > > something, I have trouble eating. The thought of the regular foods
    > > that love, make me want to gag. I know that I need to eat, but for the
    > > life of me, I open up the fridge and just want to gag.
    > >
    > > Do any of you have particular foods that you eat during stressful times
    > > (and I'm not talking about chocolate, cake and all the other sugar
    > > laden stuff that in a way is somewhat appealing :)
    > >
    > > To add to this conundrum, I'm also a vegatarian and a low carb(er).
    > > Thanks for any suggestions.

    > Learn to eat a properly balanced diet that included meat and carbs and
    > maybe you wouldn't develop a nervous stomach.

    Why would I eat meat if I think it tastes disgusting? Thanks for your
    help, but perhaps you don't understand that some folks don't like the
    taste of dead animal.

  12. tofuqueen

    tofuqueen Guest

    projectile vomit chick wrote:
    > On 14 Jan 2006 11:48:20 -0800, in rec.food.cooking, "tofuqueen"
    > <[email protected]> hit the crackpipe and declared:
    > >Not sure if anyone in here relates to this, but when I'm nervous about
    > >something, I have trouble eating. The thought of the regular foods
    > >that love, make me want to gag. I know that I need to eat, but for the
    > >life of me, I open up the fridge and just want to gag.
    > >
    > >Do any of you have particular foods that you eat during stressful times
    > >(and I'm not talking about chocolate, cake and all the other sugar
    > >laden stuff that in a way is somewhat appealing :)
    > >
    > >To add to this conundrum, I'm also a vegatarian and a low carb(er).
    > >Thanks for any suggestions.

    > Suck on a nice big cock.

    What a helpful group indeed. :)

  13. jake

    jake Guest

    tofuqueen wrote:
    > Not sure if anyone in here relates to this, but when I'm nervous about
    > something, I have trouble eating. The thought of the regular foods
    > that love, make me want to gag. I know that I need to eat, but for the
    > life of me, I open up the fridge and just want to gag.
    >
    > Do any of you have particular foods that you eat during stressful times
    > (and I'm not talking about chocolate, cake and all the other sugar
    > laden stuff that in a way is somewhat appealing :)
    >
    > To add to this conundrum, I'm also a vegatarian and a low carb(er).
    > Thanks for any suggestions.

    some of my favorites do include carbs, butmaybe this is of help anyway:

    hot milk
    quark
    oatmeal porrridge
    yogi tea
    broths with some veg, maybe some noodles
    hard boiled eggs

  14. tofuqueen

    tofuqueen Guest

    Arri London wrote:
    > tofuqueen wrote:
    > >
    > > Not sure if anyone in here relates to this, but when I'm nervous about
    > > something, I have trouble eating. The thought of the regular foods
    > > that love, make me want to gag. I know that I need to eat, but for the
    > > life of me, I open up the fridge and just want to gag.
    > >
    > > Do any of you have particular foods that you eat during stressful times
    > > (and I'm not talking about chocolate, cake and all the other sugar
    > > laden stuff that in a way is somewhat appealing :)
    > >
    > > To add to this conundrum, I'm also a vegatarian and a low carb(er).
    > > Thanks for any suggestions.

    > A few small cubes of tofu floating in a broth made from seaweed.
    > Normally the bonito flakes would be part of the equation but since you
    > are veg leave them out.

    That sounds good! Actually it reminded me of miso soup which I forgot
    all about. Miso is totally good for settling stomachs. Thanks!

  15. Arri London

    Arri London Guest

    tofuqueen wrote:

    > Not sure if anyone in here relates to this, but when I'm nervous about
    > something, I have trouble eating. The thought of the regular foods
    > that love, make me want to gag. I know that I need to eat, but for the
    > life of me, I open up the fridge and just want to gag.
    >
    > Do any of you have particular foods that you eat during stressful times
    > (and I'm not talking about chocolate, cake and all the other sugar
    > laden stuff that in a way is somewhat appealing :)
    >
    > To add to this conundrum, I'm also a vegatarian and a low carb(er).
    > Thanks for any suggestions.

    A few small cubes of tofu floating in a broth made from seaweed.
    Normally the bonito flakes would be part of the equation but since you
    are veg leave them out.

  16. The Bubbo

    The Bubbo Guest

    tofuqueen wrote:

    > Arri London wrote:
    >> tofuqueen wrote:
    >> >
    >> > Not sure if anyone in here relates to this, but when I'm nervous about
    >> > something, I have trouble eating. The thought of the regular foods
    >> > that love, make me want to gag. I know that I need to eat, but for the
    >> > life of me, I open up the fridge and just want to gag.
    >> >
    >> > Do any of you have particular foods that you eat during stressful times
    >> > (and I'm not talking about chocolate, cake and all the other sugar
    >> > laden stuff that in a way is somewhat appealing :)
    >> >
    >> > To add to this conundrum, I'm also a vegatarian and a low carb(er).
    >> > Thanks for any suggestions.

    >> A few small cubes of tofu floating in a broth made from seaweed.
    >> Normally the bonito flakes would be part of the equation but since you
    >> are veg leave them out.

    > That sounds good! Actually it reminded me of miso soup which I forgot
    > all about. Miso is totally good for settling stomachs. Thanks!

    oh yum, maybe that's what I will make for dinner. I think I still have some
    tofu in there too.

    --
    ..:Heather:.
    www.velvet-c.com
    Step off, beyotches, I'm the roflpimp!

  17. Kathleen

    Kathleen Guest

    tofuqueen wrote:

    > Not sure if anyone in here relates to this, but when I'm nervous about
    > something, I have trouble eating. The thought of the regular foods
    > that love, make me want to gag. I know that I need to eat, but for the
    > life of me, I open up the fridge and just want to gag.
    >
    > Do any of you have particular foods that you eat during stressful times
    > (and I'm not talking about chocolate, cake and all the other sugar
    > laden stuff that in a way is somewhat appealing :)
    >
    > To add to this conundrum, I'm also a vegatarian and a low carb(er).
    > Thanks for any suggestions.

    Very cold skim milk and fresh or dried fruit work for me when anything
    else makes me want to hurl.

    My daughter craves apples and Nutella when she's queasy with nerves.

    My SIL swears by very thin slices of green bell pepper, nibbled slowly,
    when she's nauesated.

    YMMV

    Kathleen

  18. Myraide

    Myraide Guest

    projectile vomit chick wrote:
    > On 14 Jan 2006 11:48:20 -0800, in rec.food.cooking, "tofuqueen"
    > <[email protected]> hit the crackpipe and declared:
    > >Not sure if anyone in here relates to this, but when I'm nervous about
    > >something, I have trouble eating. The thought of the regular foods
    > >that love, make me want to gag. I know that I need to eat, but for the
    > >life of me, I open up the fridge and just want to gag.
    > >
    > >Do any of you have particular foods that you eat during stressful times
    > >(and I'm not talking about chocolate, cake and all the other sugar
    > >laden stuff that in a way is somewhat appealing :)
    > >
    > >To add to this conundrum, I'm also a vegatarian and a low carb(er).
    > >Thanks for any suggestions.

    > Suck on a nice big cock.

    tofuqueen is vegetarian. ;) myraide

  19. Myraide

    Myraide Guest

    tofuqueen wrote:
    > Not sure if anyone in here relates to this, but when I'm nervous about
    > something, I have trouble eating. The thought of the regular foods
    > that love, make me want to gag. I know that I need to eat, but for the
    > life of me, I open up the fridge and just want to gag.
    >
    > Do any of you have particular foods that you eat during stressful times
    > (and I'm not talking about chocolate, cake and all the other sugar
    > laden stuff that in a way is somewhat appealing :)
    >
    > To add to this conundrum, I'm also a vegatarian and a low carb(er).
    > Thanks for any suggestions.

    tortilla chips. the ultimate food for high stress! myraide

  20. "tofuqueen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Do any of you have particular foods that you eat during stressful times
    > (and I'm not talking about chocolate, cake and all the other sugar
    > laden stuff that in a way is somewhat appealing :)

    For years, caffeine has irritated my stomach and gut. I don't usually drink
    a lot of it - meaning more than about 8 oz twice a week at the most - but
    the other day I had a lot. I felt sick and I had some plain yogurt which
    totally solved the problem. I wish I knew about that when I was in college
    :-D