Netherlands bike delaers

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Anonymous, Aug 24, 2003.

  1. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    I am convinced that I want to ride a Dutch recumbent, a dual 26 wheel, and figure I am going to have
    to go to Holand to test them, no one here seems to stock them.

    So, anybody ahve any suggestions for a complete recumbent dealer, preferably near Amsterdam, where I
    have some friends.

    Stuart Friedman East Montpelier, VT

    Tags:

  2. "Stuart Friedman" skrev...
    > I am convinced that I want to ride a Dutch recumbent, a dual 26 wheel, and figure I am going to
    > have to go to Holand to test them, no one here seems to stock them.
    >
    > So, anybody ahve any suggestions for a complete recumbent dealer, preferably near Amsterdam, where
    > I have some friends.

    http://www.ligfiets.net/bedrijven/

    Theres one in Amsterdam. Ligfietsvinkel. Check under Occasions where theres a couple of 26 inch used
    ones for sale. He also rents them out so you can try one out. http://www.ligfietswinkel.nl/

    Have fun Mikael

  3. Hwadler

    Hwadler Guest

    There's a Optima Baron for sale in the San Jose, Ca area for $2200.00

    Herman

    Stuart Friedman wrote:
    > I am convinced that I want to ride a Dutch recumbent, a dual 26 wheel, and figure I am going to
    > have to go to Holand to test them, no one here seems to stock them.
    >
    > So, anybody ahve any suggestions for a complete recumbent dealer, preferably near Amsterdam, where
    > I have some friends.
    >
    > Stuart Friedman East Montpelier, VT

  4. Mark Leuck

    Mark Leuck Guest

    You have several Optima, M5 and Challenge dealers in the NE, check the manufacturers sites

    news:[email protected]...
    > I am convinced that I want to ride a Dutch recumbent, a dual 26 wheel, and figure I am going to
    > have to go to Holand to test them, no one here seems
    > stock them.
    >
    > So, anybody ahve any suggestions for a complete recumbent dealer,
    preferably
    > near Amsterdam, where I have some friends.
    >
    > Stuart Friedman East Montpelier, VT

  5. Rod

    Rod Guest

    Stuart, I can't vouch for these guys but when I do get a chance to tour Europe I plan to rent
    something rather than go thru the hoo haw of packing my own. They have a great web site.

    http://www.elan-ligfietsen.com/eng/index.htm

    Have fun!!

    Rod Kuehl RANS V2 Strada in the kitchen Riverview, FL

  6. "Mark Leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > You have several Optima, M5 and Challenge dealers in the NE, check the manufacturers sites

    Right, but they have never had a dual 26 inch available, some low riders which are not my interest.

    Thanks everyone for the leads,

    Stuart Friedman

  7. Rod wrote:

    >Stuart, I can't vouch for these guys but when I do get a chance to tour Europe I plan to rent
    >something rather than go thru the hoo haw of packing my own. They have a great web site.
    >

    >http://www.elan-ligfietsen.com/eng/index.htm

    That's my local! Great guy, great service. He's also the Rohloff (and Pantour?) agent for the
    Netherlands.

    There also "de Liggende Hollander" http://www.DLH.ligfiets.net Probably the largest coolection of
    bents (In an improbably small "showroom"). They have regular "open days" where you can try out a lot
    of bikes, and do a small tour.

    Mark van Gorkom.

  8. Mark Leuck

    Mark Leuck Guest

    "stuart friedman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Mark Leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > You have several Optima, M5 and Challenge dealers in the NE, check the manufacturers sites
    >
    > Right, but they have never had a dual 26 inch available, some low riders which are not my
    > interest.
    >
    > Thanks everyone for the leads,
    >
    > Stuart Friedman

    No but they can order them, still seems cheaper than flying to Amsterdam

  9. TihaméR

    TihaméR Guest

    Stuart,

    the Ligfietswinkel in Amsterdam has NAZCA's model PIONEER for rent, which is the NAZCA's dual 26"
    wheel model. If you want to check out the PIONEER, go to NAZCA's website (www.ligfiets.net/nazca),
    where you can see its specs. The website of the Ligfietswinkel was mentioned earlier. Good Luck !

    Tihamér Ravels - Belgium

  10. I bought an M5 from this guy just outside of Amsterdam. He carries several lines and has some nice
    trails near his shop. You can get cheap airfares to Holland in the winter.
    http://www.ligfiets.net/twigt.ligfietsen/eng.htm Dan Kluckhuhn

    news:[email protected]...