neurologist?

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Maryo49, Dec 23, 2003.

  1. Maryo49

    Maryo49 Guest

    Okay, so, has anyone ever sought and received beneficial help from a neurologist for your injuries?
    After the round of many foot doctors, chiros, and what have you (all who said they have never seen
    this problem before), this most recent doctor in whom I had high hopes suggested I see a
    neurologist. He said my problem is not my foot. The spasms are coming from places that are
    controlled by muscles in the leg. Well, we kind of knew that, yes? People have indicated that there
    are exercises, etc... and, those are things that a physical thereapist could get at. Now, FYI...we
    are talking very serious spasms... a very serious problem. Imagine a dishrag twisting...that's what
    my toes and forefoot do. I could only wish that a physical therapist can just recommend exercises.

    Anyway, should I bypass the physical therapist and go straight to the neurologist? I suppose, huh?
    Anything, in my search for answers? I will admit... I'm getting concerned, not just for my running
    future, but, for my wellbeing overall. I think it's coming at the right time that I have such
    courageous models as Laurie and Madeleine.

    Laurie, especially... for me, a role model in the face of adversity.

    Mary

    Tags:

  2. jobin

    jobin Guest

    MaryO49 <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Okay, so, has anyone ever sought and received beneficial help from a neurologist for your
    > injuries?

    hi mary

    i don't know much about neurology, but i was wondering if you've considered acupuncture?

    jobs

  3. Maryo49

    Maryo49 Guest

    Jobs wrote:

    j>hi mary

    >i don't know much about neurology, but i was wondering if you've considered acupuncture?
    >
    >jobs
    ~~~~~~~~
    Jobs,

    Thank you. A friend has also suggested that. In the continuum, I imagine that I will be trying that.
    Perhaps sooner than later, now that you, too, have suggested it. 2004 is my year--I am cancelling
    all personal travel, etc., with the sole (no pun) purpose of focusing only on "fixing" this thing.

    Mary

  4. Bill

    Bill Guest

    biofeedback?

    > MaryO49 <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > Okay, so, has anyone ever sought and received beneficial help from a neurologist for your
    > > injuries?
    >
    > hi mary
    >
    > i don't know much about neurology, but i was wondering if you've considered acupuncture?
    >
    > jobs

  5. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    I'd second the acupuncture, you have nothing to lose.

    [email protected] (MaryO49) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Jobs wrote:
    >
    > j>hi mary
    > >
    > >i don't know much about neurology, but i was wondering if you've considered acupuncture?
    > >
    > >jobs
    > ~~~~~~~~
    > Jobs,
    >
    > Thank you. A friend has also suggested that. In the continuum, I imagine that I will be trying
    > that. Perhaps sooner than later, now that you, too, have suggested it. 2004 is my year--I am
    > cancelling all personal travel, etc., with the sole (no pun) purpose of focusing only on "fixing"
    > this thing.
    >
    > Mary

  6. Tom Wheeler

    Tom Wheeler Guest

    reading lots of fiction military books. kind of off track. snow everyone. merry christmas all. How
    do high school kids find the time? I still going on in pages,more to follow. I just looking not
    total reading. looks working( u no how your red blue blood move right. well there a yellow one too
    that move in your body. sending signals. maybe a rip or pop or a break e mess with this area. maybe
    a salt sits there or no gets there. maybe? you got your. deep massages help. separate the hurt area.
    damage free rads to make new. recover time. Doc probe do right DNA strands . like amino chain
    order.... stretch. maybe the side you sleep on, maybe the board or no board you lay on. maybe the
    pea under the 101 mat rests keeps the nerve in a non signal area. Try and re try. find what helps
    and don't help. mary. deep ones too. you have you nerve signals. like the Charles horse areas and
    most in outside front. We talking just above your knee to your hip socket,butt and left or right of
    well family jewels. Just my own opinion. I am not a doctor or a pro. Lowtuc AT may B not the
    mountain trail AT.