Never loose a bet

"Terry Collins" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Marty Wallace wrote:
>
> > How about this guy that did the Busselton Ironman wearing a warm looking
> > bumble-bee suit!
> > http://www.extremetri.com/gallery/view.asp?id=4&offset=11

> Beats cable ties on the helmet.
> With that get up, you just might get a return strike in on the maggie
> {:).

The symbolism is that when people tell you that something's not possible,
think of the Bumblebee, which according to the experts, shouldn't be able to
fly!

Marty

Marty Wallace wrote:

> The symbolism is that when people tell you that something's not possible,
> think of the Bumblebee, which according to the experts, shouldn't be able to
> fly!

I think the quote is "aerodynamically, bumble bees can not fly", but
sciences advances and my understanding is that they now can explain how
bumblebees fly by chaos theory. So the eddies caused by butterflies that
cause thunderstorms elsewhere are also the explanation as to how bumble
bees flie.

And given a choice between dressing up as a bear and a bumblebee, I
definitely find the bumblebee more appealing. Perhaps I should start
doing my bikes in black and white (bum strips on native bees I have in
my garden) {:).

"Terry Collins" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Marty Wallace wrote:
>
> > The symbolism is that when people tell you that something's not

possible,
> > think of the Bumblebee, which according to the experts, shouldn't be

able to
> > fly!

> I think the quote is "aerodynamically, bumble bees can not fly", but
> sciences advances and my understanding is that they now can explain how
> bumblebees fly by chaos theory. So the eddies caused by butterflies that
> cause thunderstorms elsewhere are also the explanation as to how bumble
> bees flie.

Terry deep down we all know that, but we wanted to believe in the myth that
they shouldn't fly so as to inspire us mere mortals to do things only the
gods are capable of. It's like revealing to a child that Santa doesn't
exist. Why should the child behave in the belief that Santa will bring him
presents if he's good, when Santa Claus doesn't exist anyway?

We need some good thunderstorms down our way so if you see any bumblebees
tell 'em to flap them chaotic wings as hard as they can.

Merry Christmas

Marty

Parbs wrote:
> Or perhaps a novel way to avoid magpies