Never trust the S.O. to bring...

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Michael \Dog3\ Lonergan, Jan 25, 2006.

  1. Never trust the significant others to bring home the right thing from the
    store. Sent Steven this morning after chive and cheese omelets, toasted
    bagels and some bacon. Here is what I asked for and what I got.

    2 12 packs of diet Pepsi in the can - I got 2 32 oz bottles of diet Coke
    1 4 roll pack of Soft 'n Gentle - I got 2 4 roll packs of Charmin
    He completely forgot to pick up the butter
    10 packages of ramen noodles, beef, chicken and pork, mixed to equal 10. I
    got 12 packs of chicken mushroom.
    He got the cheeses right.
    He also got exactly what was on the list for Petsmart.
    Now he's out shopping for paint to paint the basement with <<<shudder>>>.

    Meanwhile I'm scrubbing floors ;) What the hell, he's a doll anyway.
    Wouldn't trade him for a bag of Hershey's Kisses... maybe.

    Michael

    --
    Pics aren't great but here are 2 of my 4 brats.
    Hoot about to snatch the snack out of my mouth:

    Ramsey ever curious about electronics breaking into the TMobile bag:
    http://tinypic.com/jtrwgn.jpg

    Tags:

  2. maxine in ri

    maxine in ri Guest

    Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
    > Never trust the significant others to bring home the right thing from the
    > store. Sent Steven this morning after chive and cheese omelets, toasted
    > bagels and some bacon. Here is what I asked for and what I got.
    >
    > 2 12 packs of diet Pepsi in the can - I got 2 32 oz bottles of diet Coke
    > 1 4 roll pack of Soft 'n Gentle - I got 2 4 roll packs of Charmin
    > He completely forgot to pick up the butter
    > 10 packages of ramen noodles, beef, chicken and pork, mixed to equal 10. I
    > got 12 packs of chicken mushroom.
    > He got the cheeses right.
    > He also got exactly what was on the list for Petsmart.
    > Now he's out shopping for paint to paint the basement with <<<shudder>>>.
    >
    > Meanwhile I'm scrubbing floors ;) What the hell, he's a doll anyway.
    > Wouldn't trade him for a bag of Hershey's Kisses... maybe.
    >
    > Michael

    Ah Michael, we all have our crosses to bear. Like my beloved who waits
    until he is out of something essential to his daily food intake, then
    tells me at 9:30 at night when I am _not_ leaving the house so he can
    have it the next morning. OTOH, he will eat anything I cook, even if
    it has yogurt in it<G>

    maxine in ri

  3. Mr Tibbs

    Mr Tibbs Guest

  4. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    "Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" <[email protected]> wrote

    > Never trust the significant others to bring home the right thing from the
    > store. Sent Steven this morning after chive and cheese omelets, toasted
    > bagels and some bacon. Here is what I asked for and what I got.
    >
    > 2 12 packs of diet Pepsi in the can - I got 2 32 oz bottles of diet Coke

    Wrong on so many levels it isn't even funny. Wrong that you asked
    for Pepsi and wrong that he got the big bottles. Gotta be the cans.

    > 1 4 roll pack of Soft 'n Gentle - I got 2 4 roll packs of Charmin
    > He completely forgot to pick up the butter

    Problem.

    > 10 packages of ramen noodles, beef, chicken and pork, mixed to equal 10.
    > got 12 packs of chicken mushroom.

    (laugh)

    > He got the cheeses right.
    > He also got exactly what was on the list for Petsmart.
    > Now he's out shopping for paint to paint the basement with <<<shudder>>>.
    >
    > Meanwhile I'm scrubbing floors ;) What the hell, he's a doll anyway.
    > Wouldn't trade him for a bag of Hershey's Kisses... maybe.

    That's cute. Hey, you can't even say too much, otherwise next time
    it might be, go yourself, I always get it wrong. Few weeks back I made
    the mistake of saying, hey, english muffins (yes, those very ones), buy one
    get *two* free, as I was flipping through the circular. Didn't say get
    them.
    Must stop talking to myself out loud.

    He came home from food shopping, I got 3 english muffins! Uh oh, he
    didn't ... before I could say a word, he said, yeah, I didn't know you
    needed to bring a coupon, the cashier told me and tore one out for me.

    Thank you, cashier. And thanks, Ron, for the thought.

    nancy

  5. > 1 4 roll pack of Soft 'n Gentle - I got 2 4 roll packs of Charmin

    I confess: until maybe a month ago I thought all toilet paper was
    alike. Then Cottonelle went on sale so I tried that, only to discover
    that it broke clean through if you tried to pick your nose. Now I'm a
    walking encyclopedia of harshness, softness, pattern and ply, and a
    diehard "Angel Soft" man.

    I only wonder about the folks who buy those single rolls: what, like
    they're not going to be going after *Sunday*?

  6. On Wed 25 Jan 2006 01:01:28p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it ?

    >> 1 4 roll pack of Soft 'n Gentle - I got 2 4 roll packs of Charmin

    > I confess: until maybe a month ago I thought all toilet paper was
    > alike. Then Cottonelle went on sale so I tried that, only to discover
    > that it broke clean through if you tried to pick your nose. Now I'm a
    > walking encyclopedia of harshness, softness, pattern and ply, and a
    > diehard "Angel Soft" man.
    >
    > I only wonder about the folks who buy those single rolls: what, like
    > they're not going to be going after *Sunday*?

    We've pretty much switched to those moist towelettes, keeping toilet paper on
    hand as a backup.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright Õ¿Õ¬

  7. Wayne Boatwright wrote:
    > On Wed 25 Jan 2006 01:01:28p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it ?
    >

    >>>1 4 roll pack of Soft 'n Gentle - I got 2 4 roll packs of Charmin

    >>I confess: until maybe a month ago I thought all toilet paper was
    >>alike. Then Cottonelle went on sale so I tried that, only to discover
    >>that it broke clean through if you tried to pick your nose. Now I'm a
    >>walking encyclopedia of harshness, softness, pattern and ply, and a
    >>diehard "Angel Soft" man.
    >>
    >>I only wonder about the folks who buy those single rolls: what, like
    >>they're not going to be going after *Sunday*?

    > We've pretty much switched to those moist towelettes, keeping toilet paper on
    > hand as a backup.

    I buy the cheap stuff. None of us have sensitive skin, and I mean,
    considering what you wipe up with it, why spend the extra $$?

    --

    saerah

    http://anisaerah.blogspot.com/

    -Baruch Spinoza

    -Douglas Adams

  8. On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 14:12:58 -0500, "Nancy Young"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" <[email protected]> wrote
    >
    >> Never trust the significant others to bring home the right thing from the
    >> store. Sent Steven this morning after chive and cheese omelets, toasted
    >> bagels and some bacon. Here is what I asked for and what I got.
    >>
    >> 2 12 packs of diet Pepsi in the can - I got 2 32 oz bottles of diet Coke

    >Wrong on so many levels it isn't even funny. Wrong that you asked
    >for Pepsi and wrong that he got the big bottles. Gotta be the cans.

    Gotta be Diet Pepsi if that's what he asked for. It's what I'd ask
    for, too--and if I got Diet Coke, I'd take it back.
    (trying the Black Cherry with a touch of vanilla Diet Coke--not as
    good, imo, as Wild Cherry Diet Pepsi, though.)

    >> He got the cheeses right.
    >> He also got exactly what was on the list for Petsmart.

    Was there a written list specifying everything? If not, that's what's
    needed. "If I put down a brand name, that's what to get; if I put
    just a category, use your judgment."

    --
    -denny-
    "Do your thoughts call ahead or do they just arrive at your mouth unannounced?"

    "It's come as you are, baby."

    -over the hedge

  9. Ophelia

    Ophelia Guest

    "Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Wed 25 Jan 2006 01:01:28p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it ?
    >
    >>> 1 4 roll pack of Soft 'n Gentle - I got 2 4 roll packs of Charmin

    >> I confess: until maybe a month ago I thought all toilet paper was
    >> alike. Then Cottonelle went on sale so I tried that, only to
    >> discover
    >> that it broke clean through if you tried to pick your nose. Now I'm
    >> walking encyclopedia of harshness, softness, pattern and ply, and a
    >> diehard "Angel Soft" man.
    >>
    >> I only wonder about the folks who buy those single rolls: what, like
    >> they're not going to be going after *Sunday*?

    > We've pretty much switched to those moist towelettes, keeping toilet
    > paper on
    > hand as a backup.

    We have a bidet but for other times we use those moist things too:)

  10. "maxine in ri" <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Ah Michael, we all have our crosses to bear. Like my beloved who
    > waits until he is out of something essential to his daily food intake,
    > then tells me at 9:30 at night when I am _not_ leaving the house so he
    > can have it the next morning. OTOH, he will eat anything I cook, even
    > if it has yogurt in it<G>
    >
    > maxine in ri

    LOLOL... Steven can sniff out yogurt in a recipe from 50 yards. No matter
    how I try to disguise it, somehow he knows. One exception to the rule
    though. I make a cucumber dill sauce with yogurt which he loves on his
    gyros.

    Michael
    --
    Pics aren't great but here are 2 of my 4 brats.
    Hoot about to snatch the snack out of my mouth:
    http://tinypic.com/jtrw3o.jpg

    Ramsey ever curious about electronics breaking into the TMobile bag:
    http://tinypic.com/jtrwgn.jpg

  11. "Mr Tibbs" <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
    >
    >> Meanwhile I'm scrubbing floors ;) What the hell, he's a doll anyway.
    >> Wouldn't trade him for a bag of Hershey's Kisses... maybe.
    >>
    >> Michael

    > I think someone forgot the butter here too
    >
    > http://www.ecosyn.us/ecocity/Challenges/drought/8-famine-01.jpg

    Your point being what?

    Michael

    --
    Pics aren't great but here are 2 of my 4 brats.
    Hoot about to snatch the snack out of my mouth:
    http://tinypic.com/jtrw3o.jpg

    Ramsey ever curious about electronics breaking into the TMobile bag:
    http://tinypic.com/jtrwgn.jpg

  12. Jude

    Jude Guest

    Ophelia wrote:

    > We have a bidet but for other times we use those moist things too:)

    remind me where you live, again? Not many bidets in the U.S.

  13. Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
    > "Mr Tibbs" <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >

    >>Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
    >>

    >>>Meanwhile I'm scrubbing floors ;) What the hell, he's a doll anyway.
    >>>Wouldn't trade him for a bag of Hershey's Kisses... maybe.
    >>>
    >>>Michael

    >>I think someone forgot the butter here too
    >>
    >>http://www.ecosyn.us/ecocity/Challenges/drought/8-famine-01.jpg
    >>

    > Your point being what?
    >
    > Michael

    That because we have been lucky to have been born in a wealthy nation,
    without worry of staving to death, that we should live ascetic lives in
    solidarity with the bulk of the planet, or something.

    --

    saerah

    http://anisaerah.blogspot.com/

    -Baruch Spinoza

    -Douglas Adams

  14. "Nancy Young" <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > That's cute. Hey, you can't even say too much, otherwise next time
    > it might be, go yourself, I always get it wrong. Few weeks back I
    > made the mistake of saying, hey, english muffins (yes, those very
    > ones), buy one get *two* free, as I was flipping through the circular.
    > Didn't say get them.
    > Must stop talking to myself out loud.
    >
    > He came home from food shopping, I got 3 english muffins! Uh oh, he
    > didn't ... before I could say a word, he said, yeah, I didn't know you
    > needed to bring a coupon, the cashier told me and tore one out for me.
    >
    > Thank you, cashier. And thanks, Ron, for the thought.
    >
    > nancy

    That was might nice of the cashier. The cashiers at Walgreens do that too.
    My contact lens solution was on sale and the cashier yanked a coupon out of
    their flyer. Very kind lady.

    Michael

    --

  15. Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
    > "Nancy Young" <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >

    >>That's cute. Hey, you can't even say too much, otherwise next time
    >>it might be, go yourself, I always get it wrong. Few weeks back I
    >>made the mistake of saying, hey, english muffins (yes, those very
    >>ones), buy one get *two* free, as I was flipping through the circular.
    >> Didn't say get them.
    >>Must stop talking to myself out loud.
    >>
    >>He came home from food shopping, I got 3 english muffins! Uh oh, he
    >>didn't ... before I could say a word, he said, yeah, I didn't know you
    >>needed to bring a coupon, the cashier told me and tore one out for me.
    >>
    >>Thank you, cashier. And thanks, Ron, for the thought.
    >>
    >>nancy

    > That was might nice of the cashier. The cashiers at Walgreens do that too.
    > My contact lens solution was on sale and the cashier yanked a coupon out of
    > their flyer. Very kind lady.
    >
    > Michael

    When I worked a drugstore, I used to do that for polite customers.
    People who were condescending jerks, or yakked away on their cellphone
    got nada.

    --

    saerah

    http://anisaerah.blogspot.com/

    -Baruch Spinoza

    -Douglas Adams

  16. grawun

    grawun Guest

    I use to use those moist things too until I had to call a plumber to
    unclog them from the line outside. He told me he has lots of calls for
    the same problem.

  17. [email protected] looking for trouble wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    >> 1 4 roll pack of Soft 'n Gentle - I got 2 4 roll packs of Charmin

    > I confess: until maybe a month ago I thought all toilet paper was
    > alike. Then Cottonelle went on sale so I tried that, only to discover
    > that it broke clean through if you tried to pick your nose. Now I'm a
    > walking encyclopedia of harshness, softness, pattern and ply, and a
    > diehard "Angel Soft" man.
    >
    > I only wonder about the folks who buy those single rolls: what, like
    > they're not going to be going after *Sunday*?

    I use the Soft 'n Gentle because we have old pipes in the house and the
    plumber told me it was the best to use it. I like it anyway so I figured
    why not. I do *NOT* want to have to put new plumbing in.

    Michael

    --
    Pics aren't great but here are 2 of my 4 brats.
    Hoot about to snatch the snack out of my mouth:
    http://tinypic.com/jtrw3o.jpg

    Ramsey ever curious about electronics breaking into the TMobile bag:
    http://tinypic.com/jtrwgn.jpg

  18. Ophelia

    Ophelia Guest

    "Jude" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Ophelia wrote:
    >
    >> We have a bidet but for other times we use those moist things too:)

    > remind me where you live, again? Not many bidets in the U.S.

    Scotland. I have to say though that they are not too common here
    either. More so on the continent

  19. Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> looking for trouble
    wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > On Wed 25 Jan 2006 01:01:28p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it ?
    >
    >>> 1 4 roll pack of Soft 'n Gentle - I got 2 4 roll packs of Charmin

    >> I confess: until maybe a month ago I thought all toilet paper was
    >> alike. Then Cottonelle went on sale so I tried that, only to
    >> discover that it broke clean through if you tried to pick your nose.
    >> Now I'm a walking encyclopedia of harshness, softness, pattern and
    >> ply, and a diehard "Angel Soft" man.
    >>
    >> I only wonder about the folks who buy those single rolls: what, like
    >> they're not going to be going after *Sunday*?

    > We've pretty much switched to those moist towelettes, keeping toilet
    > paper on hand as a backup.

    Why Wayne Boatwright. You're telling an outright fib. You told *me* you
    used coffee filters ;)

    Michael

    --

  20. grawun wrote:
    > I use to use those moist things too until I had to call a plumber to
    > unclog them from the line outside. He told me he has lots of calls for
    > the same problem.

    A few weeks after I had my daughter, our toilet stopped up and we had to
    call a plumber. I had been using tucks pads for my stitched up
    episiotomy, and they said that they were flushable on the package, so I
    flushed them. When the guy came out to unclog the pipes, he found many
    tampons (and a few tucks pads) blocking it up. My apartment complex
    tried to make us pay for the plumber bill, but I brought in the package
    and explained that we had moved in when I was pregnant, and therefore
    was not using tampons at any time that we were living there. They didn't
    make us pay for it after that. They also sent notices the week after
    that to the entire complex, asking tenants to not flush anything but
    toilet paper, even if the package of personal care items said "flushable".