New 2.4 and dropouts

marko16

Mar 7, 2007
Just got a pt2.4 that was 2nd hand but absolutly brand new, and I'm having dropout problems. Changed batteries and took all computers and magnets off bike. Dropped out maybe 10 times an hour for first ride, (changed batteries) did a ride, about the same, did a ride one day later, and it dropped out 2X per minute for a while and got better for a while. I live in a pretty rural area and it seemed to do the same in town as out. I don't know what to expect for dropouts, but this is terrible. Any way to tell if it's one of the older bad ones.

Got my 2.4 in July and no problems at all. Recommend you call Saris with the unit number and should be able to help. Good luck, Tim

I had similar issues but it came down to the quality of the batteries I put into the CPU & Hub. I ordered a load online which were rubbish, then I got a named brand which have solved the problem completely.

Toofarhome said:
I had similar issues but it came down to the quality of the batteries I put into the CPU & Hub. I ordered a load online which were rubbish, then I got a named brand which have solved the problem completely.
Send the wheel back to Saris. This happened to me, too. My PT works flawlessly now. Now dropouts on 4-5 hr rides. I wouldn't recommend trying out different things.