New Actionbent bike

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Bentbiker, Feb 3, 2004.

  1. Bentbiker

    Bentbiker Guest

    The owner of Actionbent recumbents, Randy Schulman has informed me, he
    is going to be interdicting a really neat new OSS bike in the next
    couple of weeks. Owning WAY to many recumbents in the last 15 years, I
    have been really impressed with the Jetstream I bought from Randy last
    fall. The ride is great, it's fast [as indicated in the BROL test
    ride], and the quality of the frame, is top notch. The seat is one of
    the more comfortable seats i've ridden in the hardshell variety. I think
    these bikes are comparable to bikes almost twice the cost. The new PB966
    looks to be a notch above all that, with the Curvy Challenge bike style
    frame design, monoblade fork, and front disc break, looks like a
    tremendous value for 995.00 Here's a link of a good site with pictures,
    http://www.bents.com.tw/HTM-SUM/pb-966.htm no, I don't own, work for,
    or am related to Actionbent in any way, wouldn't mind a test bike for a
    review though! :)

    Tags:

  2. Mark Leuck

    Mark Leuck Guest

    "bentbiker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > The owner of Actionbent recumbents, Randy Schulman has informed me, he is going to be interdicting
    > a really neat new OSS bike in the next couple of weeks. Owning WAY to many recumbents in the last
    > 15 years, I have been really impressed with the Jetstream I bought from Randy last fall. The ride
    > is great, it's fast [as indicated in the BROL test ride], and the quality of the frame, is top
    > notch. The seat is one of the more comfortable seats i've ridden in the hardshell variety. I think
    > these bikes are comparable to bikes almost twice the cost. The new PB966 looks to be a notch above
    > all that, with the Curvy Challenge bike style frame design, monoblade fork, and front disc break,
    > looks like a tremendous value for 995.00 Here's a link of a good site with pictures, http://www.bents.com.tw/HTM-SUM/pb-
    > 966.htm no, I don't own, work for, or am related to Actionbent in any way, wouldn't mind a test
    > bike for a review though! :)

    I wish he would import this one instead

    http://www.copperalloy.com.tw/bents/lowracer.htm

  3. Bentbiker

    Bentbiker Guest

    Actually, Randy does, or at least did have one. You could contact him if interested.

    Mark Leuck wrote:
    > "bentbiker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>The owner of Actionbent recumbents, Randy Schulman has informed me, he is going to be interdicting
    >>a really neat new OSS bike in the next couple of weeks. Owning WAY to many recumbents in the last
    >>15 years, I have been really impressed with the Jetstream I bought from Randy last fall. The ride
    >>is great, it's fast [as indicated in the BROL test ride], and the quality of the frame, is top
    >>notch. The seat is one of the more comfortable seats i've ridden in the hardshell variety. I think
    >>these bikes are comparable to bikes almost twice the cost. The new PB966 looks to be a notch above
    >>all that, with the Curvy Challenge bike style frame design, monoblade fork, and front disc break,
    >>looks like a tremendous value for 995.00 Here's a link of a good site with pictures, http://www.bents.com.tw/HTM-SUM/pb-
    >>966.htm no, I don't own, work for, or am related to Actionbent in any way, wouldn't mind a test
    >>bike for a review though! :)
    >

    > I wish he would import this one instead
    >
    > http://www.copperalloy.com.tw/bents/lowracer.htm

  4. Mark Leuck

    Mark Leuck Guest

    I already have a Baron but I do like the looks of it, might be too extreme of a riding position tho
    judging by the headrest

    "bentbiker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Actually, Randy does, or at least did have one. You could contact him if interested.
    >
    > Mark Leuck wrote:
    > > "bentbiker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > >>The owner of Actionbent recumbents, Randy Schulman has informed me, he is going to be
    > >>interdicting a really neat new OSS bike in the next couple of weeks. Owning WAY to many
    > >>recumbents in the last 15 years, I have been really impressed with the Jetstream I bought from
    > >>Randy last fall. The ride is great, it's fast [as indicated in the BROL test ride], and the
    > >>quality of the frame, is top notch. The seat is one of the more comfortable seats i've ridden in
    > >>the hardshell variety. I think these bikes are comparable to bikes almost twice the cost. The
    > >>new PB966 looks to be a notch above all that, with the Curvy Challenge bike style frame design,
    > >>monoblade fork, and front disc break, looks like a tremendous value for 995.00 Here's a link of
    > >>a good site with pictures, http://www.bents.com.tw/HTM-SUM/pb-966.htm no, I don't own, work for,
    > >>or am related to Actionbent in any way, wouldn't mind a test bike for a review though! :)
    > >

    > > I wish he would import this one instead
    > >
    > > http://www.copperalloy.com.tw/bents/lowracer.htm

  5. Rocketman

    Rocketman Guest

    "bentbiker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > The owner of Actionbent recumbents, Randy Schulman has informed me, he is going to be
    > [importing] a ...new OSS bike couple of weeks. ...The new PB966 looks to be a notch above
    > all that, with the Curvy Challenge bike style frame design, monoblade fork, and front disc
    > break, looks like a tremendous value for 995.00 Here's a link of a good site with pictures,
    > http://www.bents.com.tw/HTM-SUM/pb-966.htm

    Wow! This is quite a step up in design refinement from the Jet Stream and Tidal Wave. Great job,
    China Mascot and Action Bents!

    I love my RANS Rocket; but have been seriously considering a 26/20 SWB. I've looked at the Jet
    Stream (USS and OSS); but it's so ugly, I just couldn't bring myself to consider it. I had been
    trying to justify the $2,500+ it would cost to buy a Challenge Fujin (If/when they are actually
    imported to the US). Looks like this new Action Bent PB966 is now on my Top 3 list of potential new
    recumbents.

    If I had a wish, it would be to take this new bike design, stretch it out to the same wheelbase as
    the Challenge Fujin, and maybe lower the seat angle a few degrees. Sell it for $995, and I'd be on
    the waiting list.

    Rocketman

  6. swells

    swells New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2004

  7. swells

    swells New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2004
    I put my new Jet Stream USS together and knew there would be a fair amount of getting used to but I can hardly control it. Are there any secrets to control the bike with such limited stearing?