New Actionbent bike

Bentbiker

Guest
The owner of Actionbent recumbents, Randy Schulman has informed me, he
is going to be interdicting a really neat new OSS bike in the next
couple of weeks. Owning WAY to many recumbents in the last 15 years, I
have been really impressed with the Jetstream I bought from Randy last
fall. The ride is great, it's fast [as indicated in the BROL test
ride], and the quality of the frame, is top notch. The seat is one of
the more comfortable seats i've ridden in the hardshell variety. I think
these bikes are comparable to bikes almost twice the cost. The new PB966
looks to be a notch above all that, with the Curvy Challenge bike style
frame design, monoblade fork, and front disc break, looks like a
tremendous value for 995.00 Here's a link of a good site with pictures,
http://www.bents.com.tw/HTM-SUM/pb-966.htm no, I don't own, work for,
or am related to Actionbent in any way, wouldn't mind a test bike for a
review though! :)

"bentbiker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The owner of Actionbent recumbents, Randy Schulman has informed me, he is going to be interdicting
> a really neat new OSS bike in the next couple of weeks. Owning WAY to many recumbents in the last
> 15 years, I have been really impressed with the Jetstream I bought from Randy last fall. The ride
> is great, it's fast [as indicated in the BROL test ride], and the quality of the frame, is top
> notch. The seat is one of the more comfortable seats i've ridden in the hardshell variety. I think
> these bikes are comparable to bikes almost twice the cost. The new PB966 looks to be a notch above
> all that, with the Curvy Challenge bike style frame design, monoblade fork, and front disc break,
> looks like a tremendous value for 995.00 Here's a link of a good site with pictures, http://www.bents.com.tw/HTM-SUM/pb-
> 966.htm no, I don't own, work for, or am related to Actionbent in any way, wouldn't mind a test
> bike for a review though! :)

I wish he would import this one instead

http://www.copperalloy.com.tw/bents/lowracer.htm

Actually, Randy does, or at least did have one. You could contact him if interested.

Mark Leuck wrote:
> "bentbiker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>The owner of Actionbent recumbents, Randy Schulman has informed me, he is going to be interdicting
>>a really neat new OSS bike in the next couple of weeks. Owning WAY to many recumbents in the last
>>15 years, I have been really impressed with the Jetstream I bought from Randy last fall. The ride
>>is great, it's fast [as indicated in the BROL test ride], and the quality of the frame, is top
>>notch. The seat is one of the more comfortable seats i've ridden in the hardshell variety. I think
>>these bikes are comparable to bikes almost twice the cost. The new PB966 looks to be a notch above
>>all that, with the Curvy Challenge bike style frame design, monoblade fork, and front disc break,
>>looks like a tremendous value for 995.00 Here's a link of a good site with pictures, http://www.bents.com.tw/HTM-SUM/pb-
>>966.htm no, I don't own, work for, or am related to Actionbent in any way, wouldn't mind a test
>>bike for a review though! :)
>

> I wish he would import this one instead
>
> http://www.copperalloy.com.tw/bents/lowracer.htm

I already have a Baron but I do like the looks of it, might be too extreme of a riding position tho
judging by the headrest

"bentbiker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Actually, Randy does, or at least did have one. You could contact him if interested.
>
> Mark Leuck wrote:
> > "bentbiker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >
> >>The owner of Actionbent recumbents, Randy Schulman has informed me, he is going to be
> >>interdicting a really neat new OSS bike in the next couple of weeks. Owning WAY to many
> >>recumbents in the last 15 years, I have been really impressed with the Jetstream I bought from
> >>Randy last fall. The ride is great, it's fast [as indicated in the BROL test ride], and the
> >>quality of the frame, is top notch. The seat is one of the more comfortable seats i've ridden in
> >>the hardshell variety. I think these bikes are comparable to bikes almost twice the cost. The
> >>new PB966 looks to be a notch above all that, with the Curvy Challenge bike style frame design,
> >>monoblade fork, and front disc break, looks like a tremendous value for 995.00 Here's a link of
> >>a good site with pictures, http://www.bents.com.tw/HTM-SUM/pb-966.htm no, I don't own, work for,
> >>or am related to Actionbent in any way, wouldn't mind a test bike for a review though! :)
> >

> > I wish he would import this one instead
> >
> > http://www.copperalloy.com.tw/bents/lowracer.htm

"bentbiker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The owner of Actionbent recumbents, Randy Schulman has informed me, he is going to be
> [importing] a ...new OSS bike couple of weeks. ...The new PB966 looks to be a notch above
> all that, with the Curvy Challenge bike style frame design, monoblade fork, and front disc
> break, looks like a tremendous value for 995.00 Here's a link of a good site with pictures,
> http://www.bents.com.tw/HTM-SUM/pb-966.htm

Wow! This is quite a step up in design refinement from the Jet Stream and Tidal Wave. Great job,
China Mascot and Action Bents!

I love my RANS Rocket; but have been seriously considering a 26/20 SWB. I've looked at the Jet
Stream (USS and OSS); but it's so ugly, I just couldn't bring myself to consider it. I had been
trying to justify the $2,500+ it would cost to buy a Challenge Fujin (If/when they are actually
imported to the US). Looks like this new Action Bent PB966 is now on my Top 3 list of potential new
recumbents.

If I had a wish, it would be to take this new bike design, stretch it out to the same wheelbase as
the Challenge Fujin, and maybe lower the seat angle a few degrees. Sell it for $995, and I'd be on
the waiting list.

Rocketman

Originally posted by Bentbiker
[...]

I put my new Jet Stream USS together and knew there would be a fair amount of getting used to but I can hardly control it. Are there any secrets to control the bike with such limited stearing?