New and addicted to cycling

gman0482

Aug 13, 2009
Hey everyone,
I'm Greg. 2 months ago I took my bike that I got for $20 @ a yard sale to a shop to fix it up. Spent about $300 on tune and replacement, and found out that it's $800 (2000 Jamis Nova). Since then, I ride almost everyday and love it. I currently do about 24 miles in laps (1 lap=3miles). I'm on here just to get any 411 on anything that might help me out, from equipment tips to riding tips. Also looking to ride with some people as well.

p.s. Bought some Shimano clips and shoes today after almost taking a spill from slipping off a pedal.

Thanks,
Greg

cyberlegend1994 said:
Welcome to the forum. Great to see another New Englander here. Enjoy.
Thanks, I'm still very new to this so I'm trying to reach out everywhere for help and tips. Just went to the Salem and Beverly races to watch. Riding on the Marblehead neck for now.

Welcome! :)

gman0482 said:
p.s. Bought some Shimano clips and shoes today after almost taking a spill from slipping off a pedal.

Don't be surprised if your next spill comes from your foot *not* coming off the pedal, but you'll learn to love them like we all do. :D

Congrats on your newfound addiction. It gets better too.

PS. Try not to spend every waking moment on this board...it's addictive too :p

but if you have an addictive personality? i was maybe thinking of a laptop mounted to my handlebars..

+1 ;), I'd like the genny to power a coffee maker too.
cyberlegend1994 said:
Of course you could keep the battery charged with one of those wheel hubs that has the genny built in... :D

lol, yea this is my favorite sport by FAR. I'm getting over the fact that my bike is not as "new" or up-to-date framewise, after doing some research i found that thin rounded steel frames are comfortable and strong. Plus my frame is 62cm I believe so it fits me better. Anyways, just did my first 30+ mile ride today and I never felt better.