New Around the Bay Routes

G

Gags

Just got my reminder email for this years ATB.....they are now offering a
250km ride as well as the 210km regular route.

Costs $110 for 210km or $115 for 250km.

Also noted that the anticlockwise route (Melb-Queenscliffe-Sorrento-Melb)
doesn't get to go over the Westgate bridge!!! what a gip!!!

http://tinyurl.com/pwszb

Will have to talk with guys from work tomorrow to see who is keen for what.

Gags

Gags said:
Just got my reminder email for this years ATB.....they are now offering a
250km ride as well as the 210km regular route.

Costs $110 for 210km or $115 for 250km.

Also noted that the anticlockwise route (Melb-Queenscliffe-Sorrento-Melb)
doesn't get to go over the Westgate bridge!!! what a gip!!!

http://tinyurl.com/pwszb

Will have to talk with guys from work tomorrow to see who is keen for what.

Gags

Vicroads werent prepared to give access to bridge early in morning so majority of bridge access will be limited to arvo and inbound

flyingdutch said:
maybe... altho i have yet to met a ATBIAD rider who does not have a 'ferry' story to tell...
personally the idea of going to Queenscliff and back in the one ride may bring on the preemptive insanity
...start looking for friends with a big boat...

SEGFTG said:
...start looking for friends with a big boat...

Been doing a nice 'NOTtheATBIAD' ride from StK to Flinders and return via Arthurs Seat/RedHill. Good route. good food. altoh apparently the real estate prices are scary...

flyingdutch said:
Been doing a nice 'NOTtheATBIAD' ride from StK to Flinders and return via Arthurs Seat/RedHill. Good route. good food. altoh apparently the real estate prices are scary...
sounds like a good one, got a run down of the route specifics?

flyingdutch said:
It's a good ride that one. We ride from Fed square to Frankston and then along Derril road (from Graydens to Foxeys road it's gravel),Tubbarubba road, Red Hill road, Shoreham road, Frankston Flinders road to Flinders. On the way back we head up to Aurthurs seat, down into Dromana and back, nice 200k ride.

Dancier said:
It's a good ride that one. We ride from Fed square to Frankston and then along Derril road (from Graydens to Foxeys road it's gravel),Tubbarubba road, Red Hill road, Shoreham road, Frankston Flinders road to Flinders. On the way back we head up to Aurthurs seat, down into Dromana and back, nice 200k ride.

Foxey's Rd is gravel?
Is that the one with the 'hang your tails here' tree on the corner?
thought that was the bottom end of tumbarrumba?

I have gone down fwy, to bottom of white st(?), take immediate left which takes you up nice quiet climb up to halfway betwen to pof tumbarrumba and RHill (i think?)

flyingdutch said:
Foxey's Rd is gravel?
Is that the one with the 'hang your tails here' tree on the corner?
thought that was the bottom end of tumbarrumba?

I have gone down fwy, to bottom of white st(?), take immediate left which takes you up nice quiet climb up to halfway betwen to pof tumbarrumba and RHill (i think?)
The last part of Derril road is gravel and it ends at Foxeys road. Foxeys road is asphalt, you're right thats where they hang the tails of the foxes. Their is a sharp little climb at the end of Tubbarubba road where it meets the Bittern Dromana road and White Hill road is a long climb up to the tee intersection that goes to Red Hill or Main Ridge.

Dancier said:
The last part of Derril road is gravel and it ends at Foxeys road. Foxeys road is asphalt, you're right thats where they hang the tails of the foxes. Their is a sharp little climb at the end of Tubbarubba road where it meets the Bittern Dromana road and White Hill road is a long climb up to the tee intersection that goes to Red Hill or Main Ridge.

aaah. OK, makes sense now...

Dancier said:
If you want to avoid the gravel you could turn right from Derril Rd at the Mooroduc hall (at the start of the gravel bit) onto Bentons road, left again at Moorooduc rd/hwy after 1 km, and then take Balnarring road off the old Moorooduc road at Tuerong Junction (Melway 152 A4). Tubbarubba Rd heads off Balnarring Rd at Foxey's Hangout. (BTW, haven't seen an earless fox hanging there for eons.) There would be about only 2 km on the highway and Balnarring Rd is a nice ride.