Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

New Article on Asian Castings

Started by Michael J. Klein · · Last activity · 3 posts · 442 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
3 June 2004
Last activity
6 June 2004
Original author
Michael J. Klein
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
442
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I wrote a new article about investment casting, which is used for
    making many types of bicycle parts. I show a Taiwan designed racing
    handlebar bracket being made using this technology, as well as some
    other castings which demonstrate the capability of this unique
    process.

    http://www.asiancastings.com/photo_galleries.htm

    Michael J. Klein [email hidden]
    Dasi Jen, Taoyuan Hsien, Taiwan, ROC
    Please replace mousepotato with asiancastings
    ---------------------------------------------
    [email hidden]
    [email hidden]
    [email hidden]
    [email hidden]
    [email hidden]
    [email hidden]
    [email hidden]
    [email hidden]
    [email hidden]
    [email hidden]
    [email hidden]
    [email hidden]
    www.goto-info.com
    [email hidden]
    [email hidden]
    [email hidden]

  2. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Michael J. Klein said:

    I wrote a new article about investment casting, which is used for
    making many types of bicycle parts. I show a Taiwan designed racing
    handlebar bracket being made using this technology, as well as some
    other castings which demonstrate the capability of this unique
    process.

    http://www.asiancastings.com/photo_galleries.htm

    Thanks for that, Michael! It was a very good illustration of the
    investment casting process. One correction: you make a few funny
    comments about why this is called "investment" casting, but I think the
    term (as you surely know) is derived from the other meaning of "invest",
    that being "to cover completely".

    Share & Enjoy,
    --
    Ryan Cousineau, [email hidden] http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine/wiredcola/
    President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club

  3. On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 22:36:21 -0700, Ryan Cousineau <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Michael J. Klein said:

    I wrote a new article about investment casting, which is used for
    making many types of bicycle parts. I show a Taiwan designed racing
    handlebar bracket being made using this technology, as well as some
    other castings which demonstrate the capability of this unique
    process.

    http://www.asiancastings.com/photo_galleries.htm

    Thanks for that, Michael! It was a very good illustration of the
    investment casting process. One correction: you make a few funny
    comments about why this is called "investment" casting, but I think the
    term (as you surely know) is derived from the other meaning of "invest",
    that being "to cover completely".

    Share & Enjoy,

    All anyone complains about is the cost and time they invest so thas
    become the new anthem of investment casting! lol You're right, I do
    enjoy humor although I admit its a bit dry! I found a few people that
    didn't realise that investment casting and lost wax casting were the
    same.

    Michael J. Klein
    Michael J. Klein [email hidden]
    Dasi Jen, Taoyuan Hsien, Taiwan, ROC
    Please replace mousepotato with asiancastings
    ---------------------------------------------
    [email hidden]
    [email hidden]
    [email hidden]
    [email hidden]
    [email hidden]
    [email hidden]
    [email hidden]
    [email hidden]
    [email hidden]
    [email hidden]
    [email hidden]
    [email hidden]
    www.goto-info.com
    [email hidden]
    [email hidden]
    [email hidden]

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.