New Baby (Bike)

MartinM wrote:

> what's with the front chainset? looks like single. Which bike donated
> the bits, the Fort?

It does look like a single: weird! Yep, it's the double off the Fort (I'm
swapping the Fort frame and fork with my brother for his Orange MTB f&f).

ps, went off-roading today on South Downs Way and QE Park (near
Petersfield) -- very much fun and very muddy and clayey/chalky (ie,
slippery).

"Simonb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> MartinM wrote:
>
> > what's with the front chainset? looks like single. Which bike donated
> > the bits, the Fort?

> It does look like a single: weird! Yep, it's the double off the Fort (I'm
> swapping the Fort frame and fork with my brother for his Orange MTB f&f).
>
> ps, went off-roading today on South Downs Way and QE Park (near
> Petersfield) -- very much fun and very muddy and clayey/chalky (ie,
> slippery).

Know it well, although every time I have done it it has been bone dry (twice
on the SDW Randonee, BTW am probably going for the 100 mile again next year
unless the club organises it over 2 days)
Off to do the Surrey Hills off road tomorrow.

Simonb wrote:
> See: http://www.widerworld.co.uk/eddy.jpg
>
> Columbus Max tubing, Merckx Corsa Extra for £100 on eBay (frame and fork).
> Rode it today for the first time and it is lovely: fast and very smooth.
> Looks nice, too.

Lucky Bugger :)I saw the auction and have always wanted a Merckx but
it wasnt my size. Hope it gives you many good years.

Stan Cox

Stan Cox wrote:

> Lucky Bugger :)I saw the auction and have always wanted a Merckx but
> it wasnt my size. Hope it gives you many good years.

It fits perfectly. I was the only bidder! ;-)

Simonb wrote:
> Stan Cox wrote:
>

>>Lucky Bugger :)I saw the auction and have always wanted a Merckx but
>>it wasnt my size. Hope it gives you many good years.

> It fits perfectly. I was the only bidder! ;-)

Now you're just rubbing it in :)

Stan Cox

Simonb wrote:
> Stan Cox wrote:
>

>>Lucky Bugger :)I saw the auction and have always wanted a Merckx but
>>it wasnt my size. Hope it gives you many good years.

> It fits perfectly. I was the only bidder! ;-)

I have a Columbus SLX Merckx Corsa Extra and its superbe. I probably
would have bid if I'd seen it ;-) Nice colour scheme too.