New Bacchetta Strada For Sale!!!



qsroft

New Member
Aug 2, 2004
3
0
0
Hi everyone,

One week ago I bought a Bacchetta Strada from my local bike shop, and unfortunately found recumbent bicycles weren't for me. This bike has less than 15 miles on it and is in perfect condition. It is a large, so it will fit all riders from 5'10'' to 6'6'' (information from the Bacchetta website). Check out the specifications of the Strada at Bacchetta's website , http://www.xeyed.com . I didn't make any modifications to it, so the bike has its stock components. It is also on ebay right now at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3692090637 . I am willing to negotiate the price with interested riders. Please contact me at [email protected], if you are interested in the Strada. Thank you!!

-Sean
 

Wolverine

New Member
Aug 29, 2003
9
0
0
qsroft said:
Hi everyone,

One week ago I bought a Bacchetta Strada from my local bike shop, and unfortunately found recumbent bicycles weren't for me. This bike has less than 15 miles on it and is in perfect condition. It is a large, so it will fit all riders from 5'10'' to 6'6'' (information from the Bacchetta website). Check out the specifications of the Strada at Bacchetta's website , http://www.xeyed.com . I didn't make any modifications to it, so the bike has its stock components. It is also on ebay right now at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3692090637 . I am willing to negotiate the price with interested riders. Please contact me at [email protected], if you are interested in the Strada. Thank you!!

-Sean
Hey qsroft, a week and fifteen miles isn't a long experiment. Out of curiosity, how much did you ride and what did you ride before the Bacchetta?
What was the deal breaker for you with the bike that made you want to sell it?
Peace
 

qsroft

New Member
Aug 2, 2004
3
0
0
Wolverine said:
Hey qsroft, a week and fifteen miles isn't a long experiment. Out of curiosity, how much did you ride and what did you ride before the Bacchetta?
What was the deal breaker for you with the bike that made you want to sell it?
Peace

It was a decision between uprights and recumbents. This was my first recumbent. I really liked the Strada while test riding it, but when I took it out for an hour at home, it just wasn't for me. I wanted to get back on my upright despite the comfort issue. So, for me personally, I guess I have more fun on uprights. It was an expensive experiment, but hopefully I can find someone out there looking for a deal on a brand new Strada. It was a quick decision, but I figured it would be a waste to have it sitting around.

-Sean
 

Wolverine

New Member
Aug 29, 2003
9
0
0
qsroft said:
It was a decision between uprights and recumbents. This was my first recumbent. I really liked the Strada while test riding it, but when I took it out for an hour at home, it just wasn't for me. I wanted to get back on my upright despite the comfort issue. So, for me personally, I guess I have more fun on uprights. It was an expensive experiment, but hopefully I can find someone out there looking for a deal on a brand new Strada. It was a quick decision, but I figured it would be a waste to have it sitting around.

-Sean
Thank you for your reply qsroft. I asked these questions because I have been looking at recumbents and DFs myself.
Sometimes I want to pull the trigger and just order a bent I want, but for the amount of money it cost and not having the ability to test ride it make me leery. I'm leaning towards getting a light DF(a Trek 5000 CF) and holding off on the recumbent until I can ride one.
Good luck to you on your sale. Those who know and like recumbents will probably be glad to get a deal on a good recumbent. Peace
 

blazingpedals

New Member
Oct 18, 2004
394
3
18
I've often said that you need a better reason to get a recumbent other than just curiosity. The reason being, they are SO different from uprights that some degree of dedication is required to learn them. Even getting one for the potential speed benefit isn't enough, because the speed doesn't happen overnight. Fifteen miles? I think that's a record!