New Barcroft Virginia

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Jim C, Jun 28, 2003.

  1. Jim C

    Jim C Guest

    Just got mine a couple of weeks ago and have been having a great time riding
    it.

    Started out on a BikeE RX, then a Lightning P-38. My wife started on the RX also and then a Burley
    Django. She was still looking for better performance and comfort and ordered the Virginia based on
    comments she read in this and other sites and because she didn't find any negative comments.

    What caught my attention was her staying up with me for the most part on the Virginia, something she
    hadn't been doing before. So naturally, I had to go and try the damn thing and after a few test
    rides fell for it.

    It climbs as well and in my view better and is perhaps a tad faster than the P-38 at least for me.
    But the big attraction is just how comfortable it is. I should also add that handling is more stable
    especially at speed on the downhills.

    One thing to all you folks riding this bike. I have found the Lightning seat bag fits perfectly. I
    don't have the seat back as far as it will go but it is nowhere near the rear tire and the bag holds
    a good bit of stuff if you need that.

    If only I had more time to ride but that pesky work thing keeps getting in the way.

    --
    Jim C

    Tags:

  2. FYI: My yellow Lightning seat bag fits (almost) perfectly on my Ti Rush Koolback seat.

    --
    Gator Bob Siegel

    > One thing to all you folks riding this bike. I have found the Lightning
    seat bag fits perfectly (on my Barcroft Virginia).

  3. Bentrider

    Bentrider Guest

    Hey Jim! Mark told me you were getting a Barcroft. Glad you like it. You can't blame this one on
    me!!! I was nowhere near you to twist your arm or tempt you in any way. I sure do miss riding with
    you guys...

    Bryan J. Ball Editor/Publisher www.bentrideronline.com

  4. Mlb

    Mlb Guest

    [email protected] ('BentRider) wrote in news:3efe9b34.10329292 @News.CIS.DFN.DE:

    > Hey Jim! Mark told me you were getting a Barcroft. Glad you like it. You can't blame this one on
    > me!!! I was nowhere near you to twist your arm or tempt you in any way. I sure do miss riding with
    > you guys...
    >

    > Bryan J. Ball Editor/Publisher www.bentrideronline.com

    If I had taken the swb route I would have owned a Barcroft for sure. I went lwb and now trike so
    alas I'll have to admire them from afar......

  5. chuckezbentride

    chuckezbentride New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 28, 2003

    Jim

    I recently took delivery on my Barcroft GT 2 1/2 weeks ago and it is a pleasure to ride. I tested the P-38 for a week and I feel the same way the Barcroft climbs and and is faster than the P-38. I own a Tour Easy and I have not ridden it since I got the Barcroft. Bill Cook is great to work with and I am in lucky enough to live near him and meet him riding with the local recumbent club in DC WHIRL. He loaned a bike for a week to test ride and that made the decision for me. It was great being able to choose color and componets and get a custom bike. With a new lighter mesh seat upgrade he was able to get the bike down to 24 1/2 lbs.

    Chuck L. Rockville MD.

  6. Jim C

    Jim C Guest

    Ok Chuck, you are probably the reason my took so long to get here :)

    Jim

    How do you like the mesh seat and can you compare it to the Rans?
    > I recently took delivery on my Barcroft GT 2 1/2 weeks ago and it is a pleasure to ride. I tested
    > the P-38 for a week and I feel the same way the Barcroft climbs and and is faster than the P-38. I
    > own a Tour Easy and I have not ridden it since I got the Barcroft. Bill Cook is great to work with
    > and I am in lucky enough to live near him and meet him riding with the local recumbent club in DC
    > WHIRL. He loaned a bike for a week to test ride and that made the decision for me. It was great
    > being able to choose color and componets and get a custom bike. With a new lighter mesh seat
    > upgrade he was able to get the bike down to 24 1/2 lbs.
    >
    > Chuck L. Rockville MD.

  7. Mike S

    Mike S Guest

    > Jim
    >
    > I recently took delivery on my Barcroft GT 2 1/2 weeks ago and it is a pleasure to ride. I tested
    > the P-38 for a week and I feel the same way the Barcroft climbs and and is faster than the P-38. I
    > own a Tour Easy and I have not ridden it since I got the Barcroft. Bill Cook is great to work with
    > and I am in lucky enough to live near him and meet him riding with the local recumbent club in DC
    > WHIRL. He loaned a bike for a week to test ride and that made the decision for me. It was great
    > being able to choose color and componets and get a custom bike. With a new lighter mesh seat
    > upgrade he was able to get the bike down to 24 1/2 lbs.
    >
    > Chuck L. Rockville MD.

    To Jim and Chuck: Glad each of you like the Virginia. I have had mine for fifteen months (1600
    miles). Mileage would have been more but at the same time we are putting 2400 miles on our Barcroft
    Columbia. I have owned a BikeE and a RANS V-Rex, both bikes which have wide followings and which
    provide miles of smiles. But the Virginia is the only recumbent single I have owned that after
    awhile I don't start counting faults. As much as I loved the bike in the beginning, it grows more on
    me each time I ride it. The fit, finish, handling, performance, comfort, all add up to one heck of a
    bike. So, a word of caution. Don't be too effusive on the bike now since you will need some of those
    compliments later when you can't believe how the bike just seems to get better and better.

    Mike S. St. Louis, Mo.

  8. chuckezbentride