New Barcroft Virginia

Jim C

Guest
Just got mine a couple of weeks ago and have been having a great time riding
it.

Started out on a BikeE RX, then a Lightning P-38. My wife started on the RX also and then a Burley
Django. She was still looking for better performance and comfort and ordered the Virginia based on
comments she read in this and other sites and because she didn't find any negative comments.

What caught my attention was her staying up with me for the most part on the Virginia, something she
hadn't been doing before. So naturally, I had to go and try the damn thing and after a few test
rides fell for it.

It climbs as well and in my view better and is perhaps a tad faster than the P-38 at least for me.
But the big attraction is just how comfortable it is. I should also add that handling is more stable
especially at speed on the downhills.

One thing to all you folks riding this bike. I have found the Lightning seat bag fits perfectly. I
don't have the seat back as far as it will go but it is nowhere near the rear tire and the bag holds
a good bit of stuff if you need that.

If only I had more time to ride but that pesky work thing keeps getting in the way.

--
Jim C

FYI: My yellow Lightning seat bag fits (almost) perfectly on my Ti Rush Koolback seat.

--
Gator Bob Siegel

> One thing to all you folks riding this bike. I have found the Lightning
seat bag fits perfectly (on my Barcroft Virginia).

Hey Jim! Mark told me you were getting a Barcroft. Glad you like it. You can't blame this one on
me!!! I was nowhere near you to twist your arm or tempt you in any way. I sure do miss riding with
you guys...

Bryan J. Ball Editor/Publisher www.bentrideronline.com

[email protected] ('BentRider) wrote in news:3efe9b34.10329292 @News.CIS.DFN.DE:

> Hey Jim! Mark told me you were getting a Barcroft. Glad you like it. You can't blame this one on
> me!!! I was nowhere near you to twist your arm or tempt you in any way. I sure do miss riding with
> you guys...
>

> Bryan J. Ball Editor/Publisher www.bentrideronline.com

If I had taken the swb route I would have owned a Barcroft for sure. I went lwb and now trike so
alas I'll have to admire them from afar......

Originally posted by Jim C
[...]

Jim

I recently took delivery on my Barcroft GT 2 1/2 weeks ago and it is a pleasure to ride. I tested the P-38 for a week and I feel the same way the Barcroft climbs and and is faster than the P-38. I own a Tour Easy and I have not ridden it since I got the Barcroft. Bill Cook is great to work with and I am in lucky enough to live near him and meet him riding with the local recumbent club in DC WHIRL. He loaned a bike for a week to test ride and that made the decision for me. It was great being able to choose color and componets and get a custom bike. With a new lighter mesh seat upgrade he was able to get the bike down to 24 1/2 lbs.

Chuck L. Rockville MD.

Ok Chuck, you are probably the reason my took so long to get here :)

Jim

How do you like the mesh seat and can you compare it to the Rans?
> I recently took delivery on my Barcroft GT 2 1/2 weeks ago and it is a pleasure to ride. I tested
> the P-38 for a week and I feel the same way the Barcroft climbs and and is faster than the P-38. I
> own a Tour Easy and I have not ridden it since I got the Barcroft. Bill Cook is great to work with
> and I am in lucky enough to live near him and meet him riding with the local recumbent club in DC
> WHIRL. He loaned a bike for a week to test ride and that made the decision for me. It was great
> being able to choose color and componets and get a custom bike. With a new lighter mesh seat
> upgrade he was able to get the bike down to 24 1/2 lbs.
>
> Chuck L. Rockville MD.

> Jim
>
> I recently took delivery on my Barcroft GT 2 1/2 weeks ago and it is a pleasure to ride. I tested
> the P-38 for a week and I feel the same way the Barcroft climbs and and is faster than the P-38. I
> own a Tour Easy and I have not ridden it since I got the Barcroft. Bill Cook is great to work with
> and I am in lucky enough to live near him and meet him riding with the local recumbent club in DC
> WHIRL. He loaned a bike for a week to test ride and that made the decision for me. It was great
> being able to choose color and componets and get a custom bike. With a new lighter mesh seat
> upgrade he was able to get the bike down to 24 1/2 lbs.
>
> Chuck L. Rockville MD.

To Jim and Chuck: Glad each of you like the Virginia. I have had mine for fifteen months (1600
miles). Mileage would have been more but at the same time we are putting 2400 miles on our Barcroft
Columbia. I have owned a BikeE and a RANS V-Rex, both bikes which have wide followings and which
provide miles of smiles. But the Virginia is the only recumbent single I have owned that after
awhile I don't start counting faults. As much as I loved the bike in the beginning, it grows more on
me each time I ride it. The fit, finish, handling, performance, comfort, all add up to one heck of a
bike. So, a word of caution. Don't be too effusive on the bike now since you will need some of those
compliments later when you can't believe how the bike just seems to get better and better.

Mike S. St. Louis, Mo.

Originally posted by Jim C
Ok Chuck, you are probably the reason my took so long to get here :)

Jim

How do you like the mesh seat and can you compare it to the Rans?

Jim,

My new mesh seat is still in production and I am currently using a loaned Rans seat. I tired the protype for less than a week and didn't have time to really compare it. The seat mesh bottom seemed to act as a shock absorber. The top of the seat back was unfinished and Bill used duct tape so the support was not there. I will post my review once the new seat is on the bike and I have had time to use it for awhile.

My bike took between 6 and 7 weeks mostly because the painter was backed up. It was well worth the wait!