New BB Power Meter device

RPLewis

Jun 27, 2003
Anyone got any experiences of this new power device based on a replacement bottom bracket? Priced at around Euro €900 - €1000.

www.ergomo.de

What are the fittings/connections to the BB and computer unit like? Does the BB come in both taper and Shimano Splined versions? Software/computer interface compared to Polar?

Does it have any limitations? i.e. erratic whilst on a turbo trainer like the Polar Power Meter. What happens if you do ILT on the right hand side only - does this register any power?

TIA.

Rick.

Originally posted by RPLewis
Anyone got any experiences of this new power device based on a replacement bottom bracket? Priced at around Euro €900 - €1000.

www.ergomo.de

What are the fittings/connections to the BB and computer unit like? Does the BB come in both taper and Shimano Splined versions? Software/computer interface compared to Polar?

Does it have any limitations? i.e. erratic whilst on a turbo trainer like the Polar Power Meter. What happens if you do ILT on the right hand side only - does this register any power?

TIA.

Rick.

From what i've heard and/or understand, it only measures power on the left hand side, and doubles it up for an overall power. I'm not sure how accurate it is (claimed is 1.5%), but it'd be interesting to compare it to a Power Tap and an SRM. It's also more expensive (i think) than the PT.

Ric