New Belgium D1 and D3 team?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Jason Waddell, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. from dailypeloton.com De Baermaeker's team in Div II - Remex-Massi

    The Belgian team that Paul De Baermaeker has been working on these past months is officially
    registered as Division II with the UCI. The team is called Remex-Massi, and as soon as it can meet
    its financial requirements, it will move into Division I, which should be in this season. Remex is
    is an American real estate company that is in for 9 million Euros over three years, and Massi is of
    course the Spanish bicycle manufacturer - Massi will contribute 200,000 Euros per year. De
    Baermaeker has yet to announce the team's roster, and is also forming a Division III team. (Velo
    Club du Net)

    Remex? never heard of them, do they mean Remax? And do they have that much business interest
    in Europe?

    Bart and Ewoud, do you have any info?

    thanks, jason

    Tags:

  2. Wade Summers

    Wade Summers Guest

    Jason Waddell wrote in message
    <[email protected]>...
    >from dailypeloton.com De Baermaeker's team in Div II - Remex-Massi
    >
    >The Belgian team that Paul De Baermaeker has been working on these past
    months
    >is officially registered as Division II with the UCI. The team is called Remex-Massi, and as soon
    >as it can meet its financial requirements, it will move into Division I, which should be in this
    >season. Remex is is an
    American
    >real estate company that is in for 9 million Euros over three years, and
    Massi
    >is of course the Spanish bicycle manufacturer - Massi will contribute
    200,000
    >Euros per year. De Baermaeker has yet to announce the team's roster, and is also forming a Division
    >III team. (Velo Club du Net)
    >

    >Remex? never heard of them, do they mean Remax? And do they have that
    much
    >business interest in Europe?

    C'mon Jason. Do a little work for yourself. Type in Remax Europe into google and you will find the
    answers you are looking for...

    Wade

  3. Monkeyhillcs

    Monkeyhillcs Guest

    Old news Baconwaddle.....

    Ronde Champe told me about this last week when I hitched a ride on his scooter to the train station
    after work (it was raining mind you).

    << Subject: New Belgium D1 and D3 team? From: [email protected] (Jason Waddell) Date: Tue, Dec
    31, 2002 3:03 PM Message-id: <[email protected]>

[...]

  4. Bart

    Bart Guest

    The D3 is for sure, the D1 when everything's arranged. That didnt stop Debaerdemaeker from already
    doing a bid on Ullrich. The Dutch documentary about that guy is a must-see. He's been hanging out in
    the pro world for decades, just on willpower and convincing not too big sponsors. By Flemish
    standards he's a bully, but not really I think.

  5. Jason Waddell wrote:
    > Remex? never heard of them, do they mean Remax? And do they have that much business interest
    > in Europe?

    Never heard of them either.

    > Bart and Ewoud, do you have any info?

    I'm afraid I really don't have any insider info, now or ever. The paper I get is sort of a Dutch
    version of the NYT, not much cycling info there. Flemish teletext is about as close to the source I
    get. Apart from my weekly training rides with Michael Boogerd, that is. He only showed up once
    though, the wanker.

  6. Bart wrote:
    > The Dutch documentary about that guy is a must-see.

    That was fun yes. Sorry, don't have it on tape (bta, nor do I have a digitizer card).

  7. Tim Mullin

    Tim Mullin Guest

    > there. Flemish teletext is about as close to the source I get. Apart from my weekly training rides
    > with Michael Boogerd, that is. He only showed up once though, the wanker.

    EuroPros are more likely to show if you promise to have them over for pizza after the ride.

  8. >Subject: Re: New Belgium D1 and D3 team? From: "Wade Summers" [email protected] Date: 12/31/02
    >2:49 PM Central Standard Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
    >

    >Jason Waddell wrote in message
    ><[email protected]>...
    >>from dailypeloton.com De Baermaeker's team in Div II - Remex-Massi
    >>
    >>The Belgian team that Paul De Baermaeker has been working on these past
    >months
    >>is officially registered as Division II with the UCI. The team is called Remex-Massi, and as soon
    >>as it can meet its financial requirements, it will move into Division I, which should be in this
    >>season. Remex is is an
    >American
    >>real estate company that is in for 9 million Euros over three years, and
    >Massi
    >>is of course the Spanish bicycle manufacturer - Massi will contribute
    >200,000
    >>Euros per year. De Baermaeker has yet to announce the team's roster, and is also forming a
    >>Division III team. (Velo Club du Net)
    >>

    >>Remex? never heard of them, do they mean Remax? And do they have that
    >much
    >>business interest in Europe?
    >>

    >C'mon Jason. Do a little work for yourself. Type in Remax Europe into google and you will find the
    >answers you are looking for...
    >
    >Wade

    Thanks for the clue Inspector Wade. I did that but wanted a perspective from someone who lives in
    Europe on Remax. Google doesn't tell you if something is a household name ie: Saturn,7UP(US)
    Domo/Lotto(Bel).

    thanks anyway Wade, jason

  9. >Subject: Re: New Belgium D1 and D3 team? From: [email protected] (Monkeyhillcs) Date: 12/31/02
    >3:51 PM Central Standard Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
    >
    >Old news Baconwaddle.....
    >
    >Ronde Champe told me about this last week when I hitched a ride on his scooter to the train station
    >after work (it was raining mind you).

    so you were ridin' bitch?

    thanks, jason never ridden bitch on a scooter or moto...

  10. thanks for the info Bart.

  11. Wade Summers

    Wade Summers Guest

    Jason Waddell wrote in message
    <[email protected]>...
    >>Subject: Re: New Belgium D1 and D3 team? From: "Wade Summers" [email protected] Date: 12/31/02
    >>2:49 PM Central Standard Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
    >>

    >>Jason Waddell wrote in message
    >><[email protected]>...
    >>>from dailypeloton.com De Baermaeker's team in Div II - Remex-Massi
    >>>
    >>>The Belgian team that Paul De Baermaeker has been working on these past
    >>months
    >>>is officially registered as Division II with the UCI. The team is called Remex-Massi, and as soon
    >>>as it can meet its financial requirements, it
    will
    >>>move into Division I, which should be in this season. Remex is is an
    >>American
    >>>real estate company that is in for 9 million Euros over three years, and
    >>Massi
    >>>is of course the Spanish bicycle manufacturer - Massi will contribute
    >>200,000
    >>>Euros per year. De Baermaeker has yet to announce the team's roster, and
    is
    >>>also forming a Division III team. (Velo Club du Net)
    >>>

    >>>Remex? never heard of them, do they mean Remax? And do they have that
    >>much
    >>>business interest in Europe?
    >>>

    >>C'mon Jason. Do a little work for yourself. Type in Remax Europe into
    google
    >>and you will find the answers you are looking for...
    >>
    >>Wade
    >
    >Thanks for the clue Inspector Wade. I did that but wanted a perspective
    from
    >someone who lives in Europe on Remax. Google doesn't tell you if something
    is
    >a household name ie: Saturn,7UP(US) Domo/Lotto(Bel).

    What!? Are we supposed to be mind readers? You didn't ask is ReMax well known in Europe. You asked,
    could the "Remex" mentioned in the article actually be ReMax, the US real estate company? And you
    asked, if they did much business in Europe. The first question is actually answered in the story.
    Remex is obviously a typo.

    If you already searched, and found the answers, why did you ask those questions?

    Now we know what you really wanted. You wanted to know if ReMax was as well known in Europe as it is
    here. And you wanted a "European perspective". I can't help you there. Bart, can you?

    Wade

  12. Dave Hansen

    Dave Hansen Guest

    "Jason Waddell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]..

    from cyclingnews.com today: US sponsor for De Baeremaeker's squads Belgian team manager Paul De
    Baeremaeker's plans for this season look set to encompass two teams, one each in Division II and
    III. Both squads will be sponsored by U.S. real estate company Re/Max, which has a rapidly emerging
    presence in Europe. Re/Max will be putting in 9 million euros over the next three years, with the
    principal aim of getting into Division I in 2004.

    The Division II team will be known as Re/Max-Massi, with well known Spanish bike manufacturer Massi
    serving as a co-sponsor, contributing 200,000 euros. De Baeremaeker will formally announce the team
    on January 8, and is currently on the lookout for good Belgian riders who have yet to sign
    contracts. Dave Bruylandts is one of these, although he has offers from Marlux and Palmans.

    The Division III team will be called Unidek-Remex, will be composed by young riders from Belgium and
    the Netherlands.

    Dave

  13. Jeff Jones

    Jeff Jones Guest

    "Bart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > The D3 is for sure, the D1 when everything's arranged. That didnt stop Debaerdemaeker from already
    > doing a bid on Ullrich. The Dutch documentary about that guy is a must-see. He's been hanging out
    > in the pro world for decades, just on willpower and convincing not too big sponsors. By Flemish
    > standards he's a bully, but not really I think.

    Ditto - it was a brilliant doco. The guy's got a lot of character. Not sure if that alone will get
    his team into division I, but we'll see.

    Cheers, Jeff (who has done a lot of laundry at the local IPSO)

  14. Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I'm afraid I really don't have any insider info, now or ever. The paper I get is sort of a Dutch
    > version of the NYT, not much cycling info there.

    Ironically the NYT, despite its somewhat lame sports section, is about the only US daily paper that
    does run stories on cycling (except for other papers' July stories about LANCE), since they carry
    Sam Abt's articles from the IHT.

    > Flemish teletext is about as close to the source I get. Apart from my weekly training rides with
    > Michael Boogerd, that is. He only showed up once though, the wanker.

    He's ducking out to avoid getting beaten in the sprint.