new bib knicks

byron27

New Member
Oct 19, 2003
Now that they have gone through a winter and i am beginning to scare small children and old ladies in my knicks, i feel it is time to buy some new knicks.
Now the knicks i have at the moment are cannibal knicks and i have two pairs that have been used 3 times a week each for the last year. These have been fine but not absolutely so you beaut fantastic that i wouldnt be tempted to try another brand.

any suggestions?

at the moment i am considering uno, santini and sugoi knicks.
Please dont recommend assos knicks as i am yet to win powerball....:p

byron27 said:
Now that they have gone through a winter and i am beginning to scare small children and old ladies in my knicks, i feel it is time to buy some new knicks.
Now the knicks i have at the moment are cannibal knicks and i have two pairs that have been used 3 times a week each for the last year. These have been fine but not absolutely so you beaut fantastic that i wouldnt be tempted to try another brand.

any suggestions?

at the moment i am considering uno, santini and sugoi knicks.
Please dont recommend assos knicks as i am yet to win powerball....:p

I reckon the Castelli's are the go. Fit well, look good, last well.

Regards,

Suzy

byron27 said:
Now that they have gone through a winter and i am beginning to scare small children and old ladies in my knicks, i feel it is time to buy some new knicks.
Now the knicks i have at the moment are cannibal knicks and i have two pairs that have been used 3 times a week each for the last year. These have been fine but not absolutely so you beaut fantastic that i wouldnt be tempted to try another brand.

any suggestions?

at the moment i am considering uno, santini and sugoi knicks.
Please dont recommend assos knicks as i am yet to win powerball....:p

save your money or buy a powerball ticket. They're outrageously overpriced but unfortunately they work better that any other bibs:-(

I went on a 6 day 600 km ride. wore Assos for 5 days, Santini bib for one. guess which day I got a saddle sore? I came home and have bought a second pair <gulp>

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 17:08:10 +1100, byron27 wrote:

> Now that they have gone through a winter and i am beginning to scare
> small children and old ladies in my knicks, i feel it is time to buy
> some new knicks.

I once did that when my mother commented on the effect :)

--
bpo gallery at http://www4.tpgi.com.au/users/mvw1/bpo

> Now that they have gone through a winter and i am beginning to scare
> small children and old ladies in my knicks, i feel it is time to buy
> some new knicks.
> Now the knicks i have at the moment are cannibal knicks and i have two
> pairs that have been used 3 times a week each for the last year. These
> have been fine but not absolutely so you beaut fantastic that i wouldnt
> be tempted to try another brand.
>
> any suggestions?
>
> at the moment i am considering uno, santini and sugoi knicks.
> Please dont recommend assos knicks as i am yet to win powerball....:p
>
> byron27

Bib knicks I've tried:
+ Nalini (team colours) bought on special for $70 very comfy lasted 2 years
but now crash damaged. Hard to get in plain colours at my LBSs
+ Cannibal basic model black non-mesh shoulder straps $80 on special, comfy
but the shoulder straps fall off, should have got the next model up for an
extra $10 with white mesh.
+ Sportful (black w grey sidepanels) most comfy pair I've had but only
lasted 5 months and they weren't cheap! Labels came off and now I am told
they are indecent (coin slot visible!)
+ Pearl Izumi (cheapest in their range) v comfy. It was a toss up between
the Castelli and PI. I know PI last so I went with them.

I've always either machine washed them in cold water, and left to dry
undercover, or handwashed them so I don't know why the Sportful's wore so
quickly but I won't be buying any more.

Adam

suzyj said:
I reckon the Castelli's are the go. Fit well, look good, last well.

Regards,

Suzy

I'll second that, most of it anyway. I've got a couple of pairs and I quite like them, they're very comfy. I only have two issues with them. They say they're machine washable but mine deteriorated fairly quickly when I stopped hand washing them.

Also, the big reflective writing down the sides doesn't stretch nearly as well as the lycra so it splits. I think this has been resolved in more recent models by using smaller, thinner writing. I'm sure a lot of people have seen castelli's that this has happened to, but if not. http://www.yossman.net/~nath/castellis.jpg The pair at the top are about two weeks old and I've worn them 5 or 6 times, the bottom ones are a fair bit older. Obviously it makes no difference functionally.

xisle said:
I'll second that, most of it anyway. I've got a couple of pairs and I quite like them, they're very comfy. I only have two issues with them. They say they're machine washable but mine deteriorated fairly quickly when I stopped hand washing them.

Also, the big reflective writing down the sides doesn't stretch nearly as well as the lycra so it splits. I think this has been resolved in more recent models by using smaller, thinner writing. I'm sure a lot of people have seen castelli's that this has happened to, but if not. http://www.yossman.net/~nath/castellis.jpg The pair at the top are about two weeks old and I've worn them 5 or 6 times, the bottom ones are a fair bit older. Obviously it makes no difference functionally.
what price range are the catelli's?

If the assos knicks are so much better, do they last a lot longer (to justify the price)?

I have always machine washed my knicks on a delicate cycle, cold wash (hot water doesnt work) and i also always put my knicks in a bra bag. They save theknicks getting smashed around and i feel like they have prolonged the life of my knicks substantially.

byron27 said:
what price range are the catelli's?

If the assos knicks are so much better, do they last a lot longer (to justify the price)?

I have always machine washed my knicks on a delicate cycle, cold wash (hot water doesnt work) and i also always put my knicks in a bra bag. They save theknicks getting smashed around and i feel like they have prolonged the life of my knicks substantially.

not sure if they last longer as they haven't worn out yet (about 5000km of riding). i suppose a crash can instantly wipe out a new pair anyway. I always hand wash all my gear.

byron27 said:
what price range are the catelli's?

I usually buy mine at the LBS. They're $130 from memory, so not at all cheap.

Regards,

Suzy

My sugoi Evolution bib shorts have just started to wear out after umpteen thousands of kms. So I have just bought a couple of pairs of the new Sugoi
RS bib shorts for myself and the RS female shorts for my stoker. They are
unbelievably comfortable and the material looks like it will last as long as the
technifine that the Evolution shorts are made from.
I have had to many cheaper pairs of Knicks wear out to quickly to try and cheapskate. They may seem expensive but when they last for so long they work out cheaper than a lot of others.
I thought about bringing them in from overseas but ended up buying from Le Knicks I managed to order the wrong size for Marian (she looks an xs to me) and they swapped promptly with no charges.

Cheers

Geoff

If you a going to look at the castelli's, you may as well get the netti ones instead.

Netti import the castelli's, copy their design, and put their own logo on it (all you need to do is look at the seams and chamois to see), the quality difference is negligible.

they are also only $100

"Maverick5" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]
> If you a going to look at the castelli's, you may as well get the
> netti ones instead.
>
> Netti import the castelli's, copy their design, and put their own logo
> on it (all you need to do is look at the seams and chamois to see),
> the quality difference is negligible.
>
> they are also only $100

So, does that mean Castelli also have no understanding of male anatomy?

--

A: Top-posters.

DRS said:
"Maverick5" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]
> If you a going to look at the castelli's, you may as well get the
> netti ones instead.
>
> Netti import the castelli's, copy their design, and put their own logo
> on it (all you need to do is look at the seams and chamois to see),
> the quality difference is negligible.
>
> they are also only $100

So, does that mean Castelli also have no understanding of male anatomy?

--

A: Top-posters.

And does that mean that I shouldn't buy Netti knicks? I haven't bought any knicks yet, but I'm looking to do so once I get another job. I'll still be looking at the budget end of the market though.

"Resound" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]
> DRS Wrote:
>> "Maverick5" <[email protected]> wrote
>> in message news:[email protected]
>>> If you a going to look at the castelli's, you may as well get the
>>> netti ones instead.
>>>
>>> Netti import the castelli's, copy their design, and put their own
>>> logo on it (all you need to do is look at the seams and chamois to
>>> see), the quality difference is negligible.
>>>
>>> they are also only $100

>> So, does that mean Castelli also have no understanding of male
>> anatomy?

> And does that mean that I shouldn't buy Netti knicks? I haven't bought
> any knicks yet, but I'm looking to do so once I get another job. I'll
> still be looking at the budget end of the market though.

It means I don't find Netti knicks very comfortable up front. The chamois
seems to be seriously weirdly cut. It's goes just high enough to be in the
general vicinity of where I want it to be but not high enough that I can
tuck myself down comfortably. At the end of any ride I'm always frightening
children and old ladies, no matter how hard I try. Who makes the Aussie
track team knicks? They always look perfect and perfectly comfortable no
matter how hard the ride.

--

A: Top-posters.

DRS said:
It means I don't find Netti knicks very comfortable up front. The chamois
seems to be seriously weirdly cut. It's goes just high enough to be in the
general vicinity of where I want it to be but not high enough that I can
tuck myself down comfortably. At the end of any ride I'm always frightening
children and old ladies, no matter how hard I try. Who makes the Aussie
track team knicks? They always look perfect and perfectly comfortable no
matter how hard the ride.

hehe
could it be the model and not the suit, sir?