New Bib Shorts



Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Michael Keily

Guest
Don't know how I ever managed without the bib bits, no more cold spot and builders bum is a thing
of the past.

Yippee
 
S

Stephen Pridgeo

Guest
"michael keily" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Don't know how I ever managed without the bib bits, no more cold spot and builders bum is a thing
> of the past.
>
>
> Yippee

Yippee indeed - I got my first pair a couple of weeks ago, and it means no more pressure on my belly
- so much more comfortable that now I resent having to wear normal shorts. SteveP
 
J

Just Zis Guy

Guest
michael keily wrote:

> Don't know how I ever managed without the bib bits, no more cold spot and builders bum is a thing
> of the past.

Don't forget your helmet, though, or the slab fairy will get you :)

--
Guy
===
I wonder if you wouldn't mind piecing out our imperfections with your thoughts; and while you're
about it perhaps you could think when we talk of bicycles, that you see them printing their proud
wheels i' the receiving earth; thanks awfully.

http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/09.shtml#103 http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/09.shtml#104
 
T

The Big Baguett

Guest
In article <BA6311B4.4B6D%[email protected]>, Jack Elder
<[email protected]> writes
>
>I got a pair of bib shorts about a month ago, and I'm very impressed so far. One question though:
>how do you go to the loo while wearing 'em? As far as I can tell, in order to sneak behind a tree
>for roadside relief, you'd have to take off your jersey and remove the greater part of the bib
>shorts in order to get anywhere... and it must be worse for women. Is there a trick to this that I
>don't know about?
>
I don't have bibs, but surely the normal solution would work -- just stick it out the bottom of the
legs. Works with my Lusso tights -- though I do have to loosen the ankle zip, of course. Isn't this
what everyone does?
--
The Big Baguette
 
J

Jack Elder

Guest
in article [email protected], stephen pridgeon at
[email protected] wrote on 30/1/03 9:34 am:

> "michael keily" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>> Don't know how I ever managed without the bib bits, no more cold spot and builders bum is a thing
>> of the past.
>
> Yippee indeed - I got my first pair a couple of weeks ago, and it means no more pressure on my
> belly - so much more comfortable that now I resent having to wear normal shorts.

I got a pair of bib shorts about a month ago, and I'm very impressed so far. One question though:
how do you go to the loo while wearing 'em? As far as I can tell, in order to sneak behind a tree
for roadside relief, you'd have to take off your jersey and remove the greater part of the bib
shorts in order to get anywhere... and it must be worse for women. Is there a trick to this that I
don't know about?

Cheers

Jack
 
T

The Big Baguett

Guest
In article <[email protected]>, The Big Baguette <[email protected]> writes
>In article <BA6311B4.4B6D%[email protected]>, Jack Elder
><[email protected]> writes
>>
>>I got a pair of bib shorts about a month ago, and I'm very impressed so far. One question though:
>>how do you go to the loo while wearing 'em? As far as I can tell, in order to sneak behind a tree
>>for roadside relief, you'd have to take off your jersey and remove the greater part of the bib
>>shorts in order to get anywhere... and it must be worse for women. Is there a trick to this that I
>>don't know about?
>>
>I don't have bibs, but surely the normal solution would work -- just stick it out the bottom of the
>legs. Works with my Lusso tights -- though I do have to loosen the ankle zip, of course. Isn't this
>what everyone does?

Out of the collar of your jersey would also work, of course -- but, if you've shaved recently, the
spray could cause razor burn.
--
The Big Baguette
 
D

Danny Colyer

Guest
Jack Elder wrote:
> I got a pair of bib shorts about a month ago, and I'm very impressed
so far.
> One question though: how do you go to the loo while wearing 'em?

The problem is not so much flopping Percy out, as flopping him out in such a way that the entire
length is pointing down. I'm sure you're familiar with what happens when you fail to get your fly
down all the way and end up with JT forming an inverted 'J' as he leaves your trousers - you always
get a little bit left in the urethra that just leaks out as soon as everything is back in place. So
the trick is to avoid that situation.

Lift the bottoms of any upper garments covering the bib (the shirtlifting stage is, unfortunately,
an essential part of the procedure). Reach inside said garments and pull the zip of the bib down as
far as it will go. Now stand in an "I've just got off a horse after a week in the saddle" pose, and
pull the lycra at the bottom of the zip down as far as it will go. Lean forward slightly. You should
now, with practice, be able to answer nature's call without removing any clothes.

> As far as I can tell, in order to sneak behind a tree for roadside relief, you'd
have
> to take off your jersey and remove the greater part of the bib shorts
...

I used to do that, at first. If I hadn't figured out a way around it, I would never have bought
another pair of bibs.

--
Danny Colyer (remove safety to reply) ( http://www.juggler.net/danny ) Recumbent cycle page:
http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/recumbents/ "He who dares not offend cannot be honest." -
Thomas Paine
 
J

Just Zis Guy

Guest
On Sun, 02 Feb 2003 18:19:32 +0000, Jack Elder <[email protected]> wrote:

>I got a pair of bib shorts about a month ago, and I'm very impressed so far. One question though:
>how do you go to the loo while wearing 'em?

I roll one leg up and get the lads out of the leg hole. It works for
me :)

Guy
===
** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com (BT ADSL and
dynamic DNS permitting)
NOTE: BT Openworld have now blocked port 25 (without notice), so old mail addresses may no longer
work. Apologies.
 
T

Tony W

Guest
"Danny Colyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Jack Elder wrote:
> > I got a pair of bib shorts about a month ago, and I'm very impressed
> so far.
> > One question though: how do you go to the loo while wearing 'em?
>
> The problem is not so much flopping Percy out, as flopping him out in such a way that the entire
> length is pointing down.

Too much information.
 
J

Jack Elder

Guest
in article [email protected], Danny Colyer at [email protected] wrote on
2/2/03 9:30 pm:

> Jack Elder wrote:
>> I got a pair of bib shorts about a month ago, and I'm very impressed
> so far.
>> One question though: how do you go to the loo while wearing 'em?
>
[snip]
>
> Lift the bottoms of any upper garments covering the bib (the shirtlifting stage is, unfortunately,
> an essential part of the procedure). Reach inside said garments and pull the zip of the bib down
> as far as it will go. [snip]

Ah. This is where I start to have problems: the bib shorts in question don't have a zip. ;) These
are a pair of Endura thermal bib knickers (http://www.endura.co.uk/Knicks-thermastat.html) which I
bought for winter riding. As I say, the only way that I can see to take them off for a call of
nature involves actually taking the top half off my shoulders - which is quite a pain. Compromise
solution is to wear a wicking base layer on the top half, under the bib section - that way you're
not entirely topless when you have to whip the bib off and roll 'em down. Not the best solution for
icy rides though.

>> As far as I can tell, in order to sneak behind a tree for roadside relief, you'd
> have
>> to take off your jersey and remove the greater part of the bib shorts
> ...
>
> I used to do that, at first. If I hadn't figured out a way around it, I would never have bought
> another pair of bibs.

Yup. If I get a pair for summer, I'm now definitely aiming at something with a zip. ;)

Cheers

Jack

--
And if we don't all live happily ever after, at least we'll survive another week. ::Kermit the Frog
http://www.tallpoppy.org
 
T

Tim Hall

Guest
On Mon, 03 Feb 2003 08:29:43 +0000, Jack Elder <[email protected]> wrote:

<snip>
>Ah. This is where I start to have problems: the bib shorts in question don't have a zip. ;) These
>are a pair of Endura thermal bib knickers (http://www.endura.co.uk/Knicks-thermastat.html) which I
>bought for winter riding. As I say, the only way that I can see to take them off for a call of
>nature involves actually taking the top half off my shoulders - which is quite a pain. Compromise
>solution is to wear a wicking base layer on the top half, under the bib section - that way you're
>not entirely topless when you have to whip the bib off and roll 'em down. Not the best solution for
>icy rides though.
>
Catheter and spare bidon. Just don't mix the bidons up.

Tim
--
fast and gripping, non pompous, glossy and credible.
 
T

Tony Raven

Guest
Tim Hall <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Catheter and spare bidon. Just don't mix the bidons up.
>

But catheters provide continous drainage so how do you cycle (assuming that is you get the
opportunity to cycle in between recovering from urinary tract infections)?

Tony ;-)

http://www.raven-family.com

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place" George
Bernard Shaw.
 
R

Richard Bates

Guest
On Mon, 3 Feb 2003 11:00:48 -0000, "Tony Raven" <[email protected]> in
<[email protected]> wrote:

>But catheters provide continous drainage so how do you cycle (assuming that is you get the
>opportunity to cycle in between recovering from urinary tract infections)?

A catheter device called a "Flip-Flo"

Rich x

--
Two fish suddenly swim into a brick wall. Damn! To reply put only the word "richard" before
the @ sign
 
R

Richard Bates

Guest
On Sun, 02 Feb 2003 18:45:23 +0000, Richard Bates <[email protected]>
in <[email protected]> wrote:

>A catheter device called a "Flip-Flo"

Or even one of these devices:

http://www.cuddle.clara.net/saddle.jpg

(Been posted before and made someone spit coffee over their keyboard. You have been warned!)

Love and adverts from Rich xx

--
Two fish suddenly swim into a brick wall. Damn! To reply put only the word "richard" before
the @ sign
 
D

David E. Belche

Guest
"Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> michael keily wrote:
>
> > Don't know how I ever managed without the bib bits, no more cold spot and builders bum is a
> > thing of the past.
>
> Don't forget your helmet, though, or the slab fairy will get you :)
>

"New Bib Shorts, New Danger", as some dodgy election campaign bosses might put it...

David E. Belcher

Dept. of Chemistry, University of York
 
Status
Not open for further replies.