New bike advice, Raleigh?

Discussion in 'Bike buying advice' started by bikefisch, Sep 4, 2006.

1. bikefisch

bikefisch New Member

I am a newbie to the board and have a question. I can get this Raleigh Supercourse for around $900 brand new with a professional fitting included: http://www.raleighusa.com/items.asp?deptid=5&itemid=234
    The specs seem decent when compared to the Trek 1500/1200 and OCR1.
    The geometry and fit are great and one of the few bikes that is spot on with my Competitive Cyclist measurement. Anyone have anything to offer on Raleigh or this bike?

Tags:

2. dbackmtg

dbackmtg New Member

I'm picking up my new supercoarse on Wednesday. I've ridden my friends and it is one nice ride. It shifts smoothly, and power transfer is good. I climbed much easier on the supercourse than on my current two bikes. I have a Raleigh C700 flat bar road bike and have not had any problems except for the rear spokes. I must have got a bad batch of spokes. Raleigh replaced them no problem. The supercouse is spec'd almost identical to the trek 1500 but the SC has carbon fiber seat stays. Just get out and test ride one. Take it for a good test ride and test ride the other bikes your interested in. I test rode probably 10 other bikes. I am buying this bike for more performance. good luck.