New bike advice

User0

Guest
Hey all. I'm a little new around here, and new to mtb'ing in general. I'm looking to get a new bike,
and I'm way out of my depth. I'm wondering if you lot could maybe provide a little advice. After
much (MUCH!) searching, I've narrowed it down to either the Giant XTC SE (special edition) 3, or the
Kona Caldera. Does anyone have specific knowledge of these bikes, or has anyone ridden them, that
would be able to shed some light on which I should go for? I know it's hard to say which is "best",
but i'm looking for best all-round features, for fairly heavy XC'ing.

TIA, DSt.

A perfect bike in that price range would be the Giant Iguanna. Check it out at www.giantbicycles.com

user0 <> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hey all. I'm a little new around here, and new to mtb'ing in general. I'm looking to get a new
> bike, and I'm way out of my depth. I'm wondering if you lot could maybe provide a little advice.
> After much (MUCH!) searching, I've narrowed it down to either the Giant XTC SE (special edition)
> 3, or the Kona Caldera. Does anyone have specific knowledge of these bikes, or has anyone ridden
> them, that would be able to shed some light on which I should go for? I know it's hard to say
> which is "best", but i'm looking for best all-round features, for fairly heavy XC'ing.

Beware of misinformation and bad advice from lamers who have only been riding the same trail over
and over again for a limited time and think they are knowledgable. They love to use brand names in
lieu of real advice and glean most of their "knowledge" from magazines.

JD

> user0 <> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > Hey all. I'm a little new around here, and new to mtb'ing in general. I'm looking to get a new
> > bike, and I'm way out of my depth. I'm wondering if you lot could maybe provide a little advice.
> > After much (MUCH!) searching, I've narrowed it down to either the Giant XTC SE (special edition)
> > 3, or the Kona Caldera. Does anyone have specific knowledge of these bikes, or has anyone ridden
> > them, that would be able to shed some light on which I should go for? I know it's hard to say
> > which is "best", but i'm looking for best all-round features, for fairly heavy XC'ing.
>
> Beware of misinformation and bad advice from lamers who have only been riding the same trail over
> and over again for a limited time and think they are knowledgable. They love to use brand names in
> lieu of real advice and glean most of their "knowledge" from magazines.
>
> JD

Great advice! You have to be able to differentiate between advice given by those who actually own
or have ridden the bikes they comment on, and those who trash bike companies just for the sake of
doing so. Then there are those who don't seem to know the difference between a URT frame and a non
URT frame :)

> user0 <> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > Hey all. I'm a little new around here, and new to mtb'ing in general. I'm looking to get a new
> > bike, and I'm way out of my depth. I'm wondering if you lot could maybe provide a little advice.
> > After much (MUCH!) searching, I've narrowed it down to either the Giant XTC SE (special edition)
> > 3, or the Kona Caldera. Does anyone have specific knowledge of these bikes, or has anyone ridden
> > them, that would be able to shed some light on which I should go for? I know it's hard to say
> > which is "best", but i'm looking for best all-round features, for fairly heavy XC'ing.
>
> Beware of misinformation and bad advice from lamers who have only been riding the same trail over
> and over again for a limited time and think they are knowledgable. They love to use brand names in
> lieu of real advice and glean most of their "knowledge" from magazines.

Or a single picture from a website.