new bike and saddle pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nige

I've bought a new bike, a trek 2300 and I love it. Thing is when I tried to fit my topeak saddle
pack, the mounting bracket is too wide for the selle san marco saddle rails. I had assumed that all
saddle rails were pretty standard, but I guess not. I love my new bike though...

N

Nige wrote:
> I've bought a new bike, a trek 2300 and I love it. Thing is when I tried to fit my topeak saddle
> pack, the mounting bracket is too wide for the selle san marco saddle rails. I had assumed that
> all saddle rails were pretty standard, but I guess not. I love my new bike though...
>
> N

I have a Yakpack QR saddle bag where the fitting is not right for my rails (Selle Italia saddles), I
had to hack it with a file to get it to fit, not perfect butit works

"Nige" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I've bought a new bike, a trek 2300 and I love it. Thing is when I tried to fit my topeak saddle
> pack, the mounting bracket is too wide for the selle san marco saddle rails. I had assumed that
> all saddle rails were pretty standard, but I guess not. I love my new bike though...
>
> N

i attached my bag using cable ties. cable tied the bottom plate onto the saddle, and this allowed
the bag to clip on to that. this has worked fine for the last year.

panda

"Nige" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

I can't see how on earth these fit *any* seat, mine seat was too narrow and the bag's bracket far
too long , so like the other chap I used cable ties, copper wire actually.

See:

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zseat.htm

--
Simon Mason Anlaby East Yorkshire. 53°44'N 0°26'W http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

"Simon Mason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I can't see how on earth these fit *any* seat, mine seat was too narrow and the bag's bracket far
> too long , so like the other chap I used cable ties, copper wire actually.

Yep, on reflection it was a poor assumption. Thanks for the suggestions.

N

Status
Not open for further replies.