new bike and saddle pack

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Nige, Oct 11, 2003.

  1. Nige

    Nige Guest

    I've bought a new bike, a trek 2300 and I love it. Thing is when I tried to fit my topeak saddle
    pack, the mounting bracket is too wide for the selle san marco saddle rails. I had assumed that all
    saddle rails were pretty standard, but I guess not. I love my new bike though...

  2. M Series

    M Series Guest

    Nige wrote:
    > I've bought a new bike, a trek 2300 and I love it. Thing is when I tried to fit my topeak saddle
    > pack, the mounting bracket is too wide for the selle san marco saddle rails. I had assumed that
    > all saddle rails were pretty standard, but I guess not. I love my new bike though...

    I have a Yakpack QR saddle bag where the fitting is not right for my rails (Selle Italia saddles), I
    had to hack it with a file to get it to fit, not perfect butit works

  3. Sam Bixby

    Sam Bixby Guest

    "Nige" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I've bought a new bike, a trek 2300 and I love it. Thing is when I tried to fit my topeak saddle
    > pack, the mounting bracket is too wide for the selle san marco saddle rails. I had assumed that
    > all saddle rails were pretty standard, but I guess not. I love my new bike though...

    i attached my bag using cable ties. cable tied the bottom plate onto the saddle, and this allowed
    the bag to clip on to that. this has worked fine for the last year.

    panda

  4. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    "Nige" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I've bought a new bike, a trek 2300 and I love it. Thing is when I tried to fit my topeak saddle
    > pack, the mounting bracket is too wide for the selle san marco saddle rails. I had assumed that
    > all saddle rails were pretty standard, but I guess not. I love my new bike though...

    I can't see how on earth these fit *any* seat, mine seat was too narrow and the bag's bracket far
    too long , so like the other chap I used cable ties, copper wire actually.

    See:

    http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zseat.htm

  5. Nige

    Nige Guest

    > I can't see how on earth these fit *any* seat, mine seat was too narrow and the bag's bracket far
    > too long , so like the other chap I used cable ties, copper wire actually.

    Yep, on reflection it was a poor assumption. Thanks for the suggestions.