New bike battery problem

Arpit

Guest
Hiya, on my old bike I taped the the 7 amp hour lead acid battery for
my light to the seat bar. However, on my new bike, I don't really want
to tape stuff. Any ideas on how to mount it?

Arpit <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hiya, on my old bike I taped the the 7 amp hour lead acid battery for
> my light to the seat bar. However, on my new bike, I don't really want
> to tape stuff. Any ideas on how to mount it?

What are the dimensions of it? Can you put it under the seat? I have seen
them mounted in a bracket where the drink bottle holder goes. Did you get a
bracket with it, or are they available?

More info would help!
---
DFM

hi, no I didnt get a bracket for it, and they arent available. Its a
rectangular prism, 2.5 kilos, 13.5cmx10.5x15 Bracket for drink bottle
may be too frajile, I don't know.

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 21:08:28 +1000, "Deep Freud Moors"
<deepfloydmars@yIaWONThBITEoYA!o.co.uk> wrote:

>Arpit <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Hiya, on my old bike I taped the the 7 amp hour lead acid battery for
>> my light to the seat bar. However, on my new bike, I don't really want
>> to tape stuff. Any ideas on how to mount it?

>What are the dimensions of it? Can you put it under the seat? I have seen
>them mounted in a bracket where the drink bottle holder goes. Did you get a
>bracket with it, or are they available?
>
>More info would help!
>---
>DFM

Arpit :

> Hiya, on my old bike I taped the the 7 amp hour lead acid battery for
> my light to the seat bar. However, on my new bike, I don't really want
> to tape stuff. Any ideas on how to mount it?

Get three nylon straps with plastic buckles, about an inch wide and at
least 45cm long each from any disposals store. Place the battery in the
corner where the seat tube and top tube meets. Use two straps to secure
the battery to the top tube, and one strap to secure it to the seat
tube. Make sure to place padding on the contact areas if you are
worried about scratching your frame.

You may be able to use the head tube-top tube corner if your dimensions
allow it.

"Arpit" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hiya, on my old bike I taped the the 7 amp hour lead acid battery for
> my light to the seat bar. However, on my new bike, I don't really want
> to tape stuff. Any ideas on how to mount it?

I am looking at doing the same - my plan is to put it in a pouch and connect
it up with velcro. You can get thick velcro from lincraft or similar, and I
use it to hold on my U lock and bike pump currently.

Tim

Arpit <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hiya, on my old bike I taped the the 7 amp hour lead acid battery for
> my light to the seat bar. However, on my new bike, I don't really want
> to tape stuff. Any ideas on how to mount it?

You should be able to get an under-seat bag that fits the battery,
I've got an Axiom brand one, I think from Wheels in Motion - a couple
of years ago though. You'll probably need to add an extra strap (such
as a toe-strap) around the bag, battery and saddle rails, but the bag
basically holds it in place.

Sean

Arpit wrote:

> Hiya, on my old bike I taped the the 7 amp hour lead acid battery for
> my light to the seat bar. However, on my new bike, I don't really want
> to tape stuff. Any ideas on how to mount it?

1) Buy a rear touring rack and mount it on that. I soldered (oxy) a
plate onto mine and hold it down with a battery clamp. The plate can
mount up the centre and still allow you to mount panniers.

2) "Manufacture"a bag to hang off the top bar with bottom corner ties to
down and seat tubes.

3) Handlebar bar.

4) Bend a handle bar support, i.e. bend a battery support in that
position where the handelbar goes.

--
Terry Collins {:)}}} email: terryc at woa.com.au www:
http://www.woa.com.au

: > Hiya, on my old bike I taped the the 7 amp hour lead acid battery for
: > my light to the seat bar. However, on my new bike, I don't really want
: > to tape stuff. Any ideas on how to mount it?
:

Fortunately I have my old pouch from my Cateye daylights. I have had to
repair it a couple of times but its great. If you want me to take a couple
of pics for you let me know.

Pete

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 08:46:54 GMT, Arpit
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Hiya, on my old bike I taped the the 7 amp hour lead acid battery for
>my light to the seat bar. However, on my new bike, I don't really want
>to tape stuff. Any ideas on how to mount it?

http://members.iinet.net.au/~fathers/images/battery2.jpg

was my original, and I stll use something similar, but have some extra
nylon strap around the frame after the rubber failed.

It's just a Cateye bottle mount which I cut so I could get the battery
in, and then strapped to the bike *around* the frame - I don't rust
bidon mounts to hold that much weight. Works really well, and much
less detrimental handling than high mounts.

Tony F
www.thefathippy.com