New Bike for Angry Man

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Jd, Jan 26, 2003.

  1. Jd

    Jd Guest

    It's orange, his favourite colour:

    http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/012603001.jpg

    Tiggerider in the "Room With a View":

    http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/012603003.jpg

    Mrs Angry:

    http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/012603004.jpg

    Angry on the boulder:

    http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/012603005.jpg

    Trust on a move like this:

    http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/012603008.jpg

    After a short discussion, Mrs Angry decided that what once was difficult is now easy:

    http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/012603011.jpg

    Kevin, dropping in:

    http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/012603013.jpg

    I saw a Bald Eagle in this spot last week, it flew 20' away in passing while looking for something
    to eat in The River. This bird is Angry:

    http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/012603014.jpg

    JD

    Tags:

  2. L Hays

    L Hays Guest

    > It's orange, his favourite colour:
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/012603001.jpg
    >
    > Tiggerider in the "Room With a View":
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/012603003.jpg
    >
    > Mrs Angry:
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/012603004.jpg
    >
    > Angry on the boulder:
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/012603005.jpg
    >
    > Trust on a move like this:
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/012603008.jpg
    >
    > After a short discussion, Mrs Angry decided that what once was difficult is now easy:
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/012603011.jpg
    >
    > Kevin, dropping in:
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/012603013.jpg
    >
    > I saw a Bald Eagle in this spot last week, it flew 20' away in passing while looking for something
    > to eat in The River. This bird is Angry:
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/012603014.jpg
    >
    > JD

    Great stuff.

    Lance

  3. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

  4. The new Klien?

    --
    Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

  5. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

  6. Chris

    Chris Guest

    > Now there's a magazine shot!
    > --
    > Slacker

    Damn right. I've now resolved to move to wherever-the-hell-JD-lives, because you can apparently ride
    in January without full fingered gloves, a balaclava, base-and-wind layers...and there, you can
    still have fun.

    That photo looks absolutely incredible...I imagine it is the Fruita area you always champion...where
    was that shot taken?

    I'll understand if it is to remain a secret :).

    Chris

  7. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "Craig Brossman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > The new Klien?

    Apparently Paul Turner is giving 'ol Gary a boost. Angry had demoed one of those under a different
    name at FFTF 2001 and loved it. Other than the stock tires, he seems very pleased with the bike and
    rode it like the madman that he is.

    JD

  8. Flyingcoyote

    Flyingcoyote Guest

  9. Tom Purvis

    Tom Purvis Guest

    "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > "Craig Brossman" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > The new Klien?
    >
    > It is. Built on the Maverick design. I was also tempted by this bike when I was looking.

    I've ridden one of those. Shop wrench has one. We swapped bikes on a ride last Fall. WAY comfy for
    the down direction, but it sure did seem to have a bunch of pedal-induced bob when climbing.

    I'm curious, is that design supposed to be really good or not so good for inhibiting
    pedal-induced bob?

    I'm curious because I've never owned a real fully. Is the Klein typical, or better/worse
    than typical?
    --
    Tom Purvis - http://www.arkansasvalley.net/tpurvis/ Salida, CO

  10. Jd

    Jd Guest

    > > Now there's a magazine shot!
    > > --
    > > Slacker
    >
    > Damn right. I've now resolved to move to wherever-the-hell-JD-lives, because you can apparently
    > ride in January without full fingered gloves, a balaclava, base-and-wind layers...and there, you
    > can still have fun.
    >
    > That photo looks absolutely incredible...I imagine it is the Fruita area you always
    > champion...where was that shot taken?
    >
    > I'll understand if it is to remain a secret :).
    >
    > Chris

    Mary's Loop is far from secret. In fact, it's usually where we send eastern flatlander beginner type
    riders like john hardlow. If the exposure doesn't get 'em, the altitude will.

    JD

  11. "Tom Purvis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm curious, is that design supposed to be really good or not so good for inhibiting
    > pedal-induced bob?
    >
    > I'm curious because I've never owned a real fully. Is the Klein typical, or better/worse than
    > typical?
    > --
    > Tom Purvis - http://www.arkansasvalley.net/tpurvis/ Salida, CO
    I can't comment on the Klien/Maverick, and have not ridden all the fullies out there, but my Truth
    bobs a bit, as do all the others I have ridden, or have seen being ridden. It doesn't bother me,
    I've adjusted my style to it and I still find it makes me a little faster and better than on my
    hardtail. I would like to see and ride the full-suspension bike that does not bob at all, yet soaks
    up many of the bumps, but I am not convinced it is out there right now.
    --
    Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

  12. John Harlow

    John Harlow Guest

    > > That photo looks absolutely incredible...I imagine it is the Fruita area
    you
    > > always champion...where was that shot taken?
    > >
    > > I'll understand if it is to remain a secret :).
    > >
    > > Chris
    >
    > Mary's Loop is far from secret. In fact, it's usually where we send eastern flatlander beginner
    > type riders like john hardlow. If the exposure doesn't get 'em, the altitude will.

    Well, thanks for thinking of me, JD! I'm flattered.

    Yep; it probably would kick my ass. I'm pathetically out of shape right now - too many other
    things going on.

  13. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    "Tom Purvis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > "Craig Brossman" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > > The new Klien?
    > >
    > > It is. Built on the Maverick design. I was also tempted by this bike when I was looking.
    >
    > I've ridden one of those. Shop wrench has one. We swapped bikes on a ride last Fall. WAY comfy for
    > the down direction, but it sure did seem to have a bunch of pedal-induced bob when climbing.
    >
    > I'm curious, is that design supposed to be really good or not so good for inhibiting
    > pedal-induced bob?
    >
    > I'm curious because I've never owned a real fully. Is the Klein typical, or better/worse than
    > typical?
    > --
    > Tom Purvis - http://www.arkansasvalley.net/tpurvis/ Salida, CO

    It is supposed to be much better than other fullies. I've ridden one around town and it felt pretty
    firm, but that's not a very good test. People (whose opinions I'd respect on such things) seem to
    think they are the shiznit.

    Matt

  14. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    MattB wrote:
    > "Craig Brossman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>The new Klien?
    >>

    > It is. Built on the Maverick design. I was also tempted by this bike when I was looking.

    Gag. I think you made a much more sensible choice. URTs are dead for a reason.

    Greg