New bike in tokyo

TallTokyo

Jul 3, 2016
So I just moved to Tokyo and want to buy a bike, really unsure how to go about it.

Firstly, the type of bike I want is a very light and thin as possible city type bike, I'll probably be bringing it with me to London in few months so need something that really squeeze through tight spaces. Also light as I'll be carrying it up lots of stairs at work and at apartment.

My main issue is my height, I'm 185cm, way taller than typical tokyoite. Does any one have any advice? either particular bike or just general advice given what I've outlined.

Thank you so much for reading.

Does any one have any advice? either particular bike or just general advice given what I've outlined.

If you really wanted to, you could have a custom bike built, you could find a website online that does this type of service. When I wanted my bike custom built I actually found a paint shop that referred me to a source. Because of your height, you might be uncomfortable on one of the all for one use type of bikes.

You just have to go to the stores, and you might find a bike that will suit your needs. I would just recommend testing them out first.

Thanks for the advice, any idea what the price difference would be for such a custom bike and a bike in a shop? also one that will ship to Japan at a reasonable fee?