Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

New bike info/advise

Started by sAw · · Last activity · 2 posts · 762 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
15 June 2004
Last activity
15 June 2004
Original author
sAw
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
762
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi all,
    I've been reading & learning from these forums for quite a while now so I figured its time for my 1st post.

    I'm currently in the process of buying a new bike, I've narrowed it down to a Felt F70
    http://www.feltracing.com/2004_bikes/f70.html

    or a Gitane Mach1800

    http://www.gitane.com.au/2004mach1800.html.

    Now I realise it comes down to fit, feel etc.. but I would like to hear from anyone who owns or has ridden either of the above bikes, or has any experience with them. I think this Gitane is only available here in Australia and from what I've read it is made under licence to Gitane from a Taiwanese? (Kinesis) frame and assembled here? I've searched through the forums, but can't seem to find any info on this particular bike.
    The only significant difference I can see between the two bikes is the Felt comes with a triple & Gitane a double. Pricewise they are very similar.
    I currently ride a 2002 Trek1000, but have the opportunity to sell it to a friend & upgrade to a better groupset etc.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  2. GO FELT!!

    SR81 rider.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.