New Bike Line from HostelShoppe

In order to stop this thread, I will agree to buy a Bacchetta from my local dealer and ship it to
Lorenzo. All I need is a $1.00 contribution from each person who has replied. Dan Kluckhuhn

"stratrider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I bought some parts from Hostelshoppe yesterday. While on the phone with the sales woman, she
> mentioned that the shop was going to be offering two new exclusive bike lines this spring. There
> will be a
> 26/20 model and a 26/26 model. Each will have two component spec options. She said the bikes will
> be detailed in their 2003 catalog to be released very soon. What's the word on the street about
> these?
>
> Jim Reilly Reading, PA

I'd do more good by contributing to the cost of Lorenzo's psychiatric treatment. But I ain't gonna
do that, either.

Gator Bob Siegel EasyRacers Ti Rush

"Dan Kluckhuhn"
> In order to stop this thread, I will agree to buy a Bacchetta from my
local
> dealer and ship it to Lorenzo. All I need is a $1.00 contribution from
each
> person who has replied.

John,

I understand your position and I think it is important to build the dealer base and support them. I
just wanted you to know that I am on my second Airborne, both bought at an LBS. Airborne can be had
for less direct from the manufacturer online (no tax), and sometimes faster, or at an LBS. I asked
the LBS if it appears that people come in to test ride and then order online. The shop folks said
that doesn't appear to be the case at all and that they couldn't be happier with the manufacturer. I
know that recumbents are a different kind of market, but its something to think about.

- Dan

> As for Bacchetta not allowing mail order by its dealers. We are trying to help build the recumbent
> segment of the bicycle industry into a reputable part of the part of this industry. One way to do
> that is to show bicycle dealers across the nation that we truly support the independent bicycle
> dealer. If a dealer is willing to make a comittment to Bacchetta he will get our total support. He
> will also know that if a costumer comes in and does a Bacchetta demo that same costumer will not
> go home and order that bike from a internet source. We have dealers that like the idea that a
> little recumbent company takes the attiude of some of the big boys like Trek bicycle companys.
>
> What does that do for you the consumer? Hopefully in the long run it gives you a dealer that is
> comfortable in taking the time an effort to learn about this new segment of the bicycle industry.
> In the end giving you quiality bicycle shops all around the contry like the Hostel Shoppe but
> those okay with just servicing there local markets.
>
> I come from the retail part of this business and I as a dealer apperiate bicycle companys that
> allow me to compete on a level playing feild.
>
> Bacchetta is doing great do the suppoort of our great costumers that has taken a gamble and
> purchased a Bacchetta. We can't make everybody happy but we will try to at the best of our
> abilties.
>
> John Schlitter Bacchetta Bicycles

> That's my experience with the two bike I bought from Hostel Shoppe. Ready to go with only minor
> assembly and with the drive training already assembled and adjusted. Why would anyone ship a bike
> otherwise? I won't hesitate to buy from Hostel Shoppe again.
>
> Lorenzo L. Love

I have attended 3 of the Hostel Shoppe's recumbent rallies, the most recent one this past summer.
They are the biggest recumbent shop I have ever seen and their service is top notch. This is what
all bike shops should be like. I wish they were like this in my area (no recumbents at all), but
unfortunately they are not. You won't meet a nicer guy than Rolf who is owner of the Hostel Shoppe.
If you are ever around Stevens Point, Wisconsin make sure to visit the Hostel Shoppe. The number of
bents on display are impressive.

John

the freaking title!!!! if it's "Bachetta won't sell me a bike" or "New bike from Hostelshoppe" put
the RIGHT one in the freaking subject line, i'm getting a chapped ass.

Lorenzo L. Love wrote:
> [...]
>>>hours each way to have this bike service? If not, why should you pay for that? You are right,
>>>Bacchetta is committed to the industry, i.e. dealers, not to the consumer. Consumers are being
>>>penalized to benefit dealers. Fortunately there are plenty of recumbent manufacturers who's first
>>>loyalty is to the consumer. If Bacchetta was uniquely superior, maybe they could justified this
>>>arrogant anti-consumer policy. They are not, there are lots of bikes as good or better that you
>>>can have delivered without any need or reason to drive five hours each way.
>>>
>>>Lorenzo L. Love http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove
>>>
>>>"A people living under the perpetual menace of war and invasion is very easy to govern. It
>>>demands no social reforms. It does not haggle over expenditures on armaments and military
>>>equipment. It pays without discussion, it ruins itself, and that is an excellent thing for the
>>>syndicates of financiers and manufacturers for whom patriotic terrors are an abundant source of
>>>gain." Anatole France
>>
>>Lorenzo,
>>
>>If I didn't have a car, I probably would have travelled the five hours to purchase the bike. It is
>>just too important of an expenditure to not test ride extensively. I am very picky and had pretty
>>well defined needs in what I wanted from my next recumbent. From my perspective and for my needs,
>>the Strada was clearly a superior bike and beleive me I have test ridden alot of bikes.
>>
>>As for Bacchetta being committed to dealers and not to the consumers, I will take issue with that.
>>From my perspective and my dealings with them I would be hard pressed to name another manufacturer
>>who is more loyal to the customer. Bacchetta's customer service and response has been outstanding.
>>They respond to inquiries and questions very promptly, usually within the same day. If you have a
>>problem, they fix it ...period. And perhaps most importantly they are out their riding their bikes
>>with consumers and the riding public. Their bikes have been very well recieved because they were
>>well designed by three guys that really ride.
>>
>>To answer your question again....Yes I would easily travel to purchase one of their bikes as I do
>>think they are superior.
>>
>>Pat McShane
>

> I have problem. They won't sell to me. Is that outstanding customer service? How are they going to
> fix that? If I travel for hours to buy one, how do I know the dealer is any more competent to
> assemble and adjust it then I am? Does Bacchetta certify their dealer's mechanics? Does Bacchetta
> provide training for their dealer's mechanics? What if the dealer is incompetent and can not
> correctly set up the bike? Will Bacchetta send a mechanic to do it for them? How does Bacchetta
> fix these problems?
>
> Lorenzo L. Love http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove
>
> "The job of a citizen is to keep his mouth open." Gunter Grass

This thing keeps going on and on. I offer two thoughts:

1. A new thought can't enter a closed mind.

2. How can I tell when I am stating my opinion instead of trying to persuade others? The former
occurs when I say things once, the latter when I keep repeating the same thing.

Considering number 1, repetition will do nothing. Let's let it rest.
Mr. Love will not buy a Bacchetta. I think the world will survive such a decision. And I am sure the
viability of Bacchetta will also.

another post that has NOTHING to do with the New bike from Hostelshoppe. Are people to damn lazy to
chance the SUBJECT LINE????????????????????

mike s wrote:
> This thing keeps going on and on. I offer two thoughts:
>
> 1. A new thought can't enter a closed mind.
>
> 2. How can I tell when I am stating my opinion instead of trying to persuade others? The former
> occurs when I say things once, the latter when I keep repeating the same thing.
>
> Considering number 1, repetition will do nothing. Let's let it rest.
> Mr. Love will not buy a Bacchetta. I think the world will survive such a decision. And I am sure
> the viability of Bacchetta will also.

"harv" <harv*no_spam*@spininternet.com> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> This whole thread is assinine. Lorenzo, try to buy a car directly from G.M. They won't sell it to
> you! I don't see any kind of discrimination here. Bacchetta has a business plan and they are
> sticking with it.
>
> Lorenzo L. Love" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]... snip

I think it's assinine that all you guys keep debating with Lorenzo on this matter! I believe that
he's made his position quite clear so why continue on with this? The thread is about the Hostel
Shoppe's new line of bikes so why don't we return to talking about that instead?

Edward Wong Orlando, FL

Sounds like Lorenzo could possibly become the first Ted Kaczynski of the recumbent world.

Perry B

"Robert Siegel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:CVtca.7055$S%[email protected]...
> I'd do more good by contributing to the cost of Lorenzo's psychiatric treatment. But I ain't gonna
> do that, either.
>
> Gator Bob Siegel EasyRacers Ti Rush
>
> "Dan Kluckhuhn"
> > In order to stop this thread, I will agree to buy a Bacchetta from my
> local
> > dealer and ship it to Lorenzo. All I need is a $1.00 contribution from
> each
> > person who has replied.

Mr. Love

Are you from France because you most suredly have your head in the sand. Oh oh look out its scud oh
nooooooo, its a Patriot missile from one the US Frigits off the coast and kaboom. Are you awake now?

Now will you read what I wrote or are you so fired up that you refuse to see anyone points except
yours? It would appear that you will not give a fair chance to anyone to try and explain this and
even if we do we must be a "dealer" NOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!.

Fact is you are not an investor, fact is, time will tell. I am willing to wager this; if Bachetta
goes belly up in the next 12 months from this date I will buy you an Aero. If they do not, you buy
me a Strada from Rolf in Stevens Point I only have to drive 2.25 hours to get there and that would
be the second bike I bought from him and I actually drove down to get it.

If your right you get a Aero If I am right I get a Strada are we on?

Regards, "Ramjet"

mike rocole wrote:

> Mr. Love
>
> Are you from France because you most suredly have your head in the sand. Oh oh look out its scud
> oh nooooooo, its a Patriot missile from one the US Frigits off the coast and kaboom. Are you
> awake now?...

The French certainly do not have their heads in the sand - after the 1991 Gulf war, the years of
sanctions and embargo on military equipment, the US/UK imposed "No-fly" zone, the last four years of
US/UK aerial attacks on Iraqi military installations in the no-fly zones, and the presence of UN
inspectors with unfettered access, Iraq is hardly a threat anymore to other nations.

The people with their heads in the sand are those who are not concerned about the agenda of a small
group who are planning to achieve "Full Spectrum Dominance" of world military and economic affairs.

By the way, what is a "Frigit"?

Tom Sherman - Curmudgeon Quad Cities USA (Illinois side)

You are right Lorenzo, must be a dealer. What does one do if there are no dealers in the area,
except one, who charges $200 more than the factory for a 2 year old model, that is not sized
properly? Allow him to rip you off? I'd rather pay the money directly to the manufacturer. Chas

In article <[email protected]>, mrocole@ez- net.com says...
> Mr. Love
>
> Are you from France because you most suredly have your head in the sand. Oh oh look out its scud
> oh nooooooo, its a Patriot missile from one the US Frigits off the coast and kaboom. Are you
> awake now?

This comment just raised the level from "asinine" to "pathetic". The hypocrisy, jingoism, and
ignorance of the current wave of "France bashing" is sad. These people don't have their head in the
sand they have it up in some other place.

Regards Chris

This thread is gone beyond ridiculous. Take the politics to a group that deals with that subject.
This is a recumbent bike and trike group.

John

> mike rocole wrote:
> >
> > Mr. Love
> >
> > Are you from France because you most suredly have your head in the sand. Oh oh look out its scud
> > oh nooooooo, its a Patriot missile from one the US Frigits off the coast and kaboom. Are you
> > awake now?...
>
> The French certainly do not have their heads in the sand - after the 1991 Gulf war, the years of
> sanctions and embargo on military equipment, the US/UK imposed "No-fly" zone, the last four years
> of US/UK aerial attacks on Iraqi military installations in the no-fly zones, and the presence of
> UN inspectors with unfettered access, Iraq is hardly a threat anymore to other nations.
>
> The people with their heads in the sand are those who are not concerned about the agenda of a
> small group who are planning to achieve "Full Spectrum Dominance" of world military and economic
> affairs.
>
> By the way, what is a "Frigit"?
>
> Tom Sherman - Curmudgeon Quad Cities USA (Illinois side)

What Chris said. As an aside, given that Vladimir Putin's lads are also planning to use their veto
in the UNSC, are suicidally-inclined 'melicans now playing "Freedom Roulette"?

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

news:<[email protected]>...
> What Chris said. As an aside, given that Vladimir Putin's lads are also planning to use their veto
> in the UNSC, are suicidally-inclined 'melicans now playing "Freedom Roulette"?

Yes, I'm sorry to say. And those "Patriot Missiles"? One of the biggest jokes on the American tax
payer ever. During the Gulf war, something like over 90% of these things missed COMPLETELY! They
were touted as the greatest thing for freedom and protection. At $1,000,000.00 per shot, we are
being freed of our money and protected from nothing, least of all bigger, fatter military budgets.
Eisenhower warned of the burgeoning military-industrial complex, and the current
situation/administration is the grotesque flowering of that nightmare.

Scott Bents not Bombs!