New bike names

Ok, I will get the ball rolling and keep with the Italian theme...

Velocita'

Vittoria (this was an Italian framebuilder name in times past, now only tires)

Velocista (sprinter, or more probably this would be the super reinforced frame, a la Extreme Power)

Campione

Campionissimo (although we are bordering on sacrilege here. there was only one and can only be one campionissimo - ever - Fausto Coppi)

Forza e Onore (ok, no, we are back on the fascist theme alienator brought up in the other thread...:p )

If it has to be Italian, I think I would go with one of the following:

Tempesta

Lampo

Vento

or Velocita Chiara
My Italian is a little rusty so for all I know, these might just be gibberish. Hey, that might be a good name. I'll just jump on my Gibberish and ride!:D

kdelong said:
If it has to be Italian, I think I would go with one of the following:

Tempesta

Lampo

Vento

or Velocita Chiara
My Italian is a little rusty so for all I know, these might just be gibberish. Hey, that might be a good name. I'll just jump on my Gibberish and ride!:D
The first three are excellent. I really like Tempesta. Your Italian is excellent, by the way. Except for velocita chiara (the direct translation does not really work... sounds more like something about your girlfriend Chiara being fast... :D).

How about folgore?

I don't think it has to be Italian... but italian names do sound the sexiest IMO (I don't know who came up with "Specialized" but he had to be an engineer).

How about "Serpente"

Crankyfeet said:
I don't think it has to be Italian... but italian names do sound the sexiest IMO (I don't know who came up with "Specialized" but he had to be an engineer).

How about "Serpente"
mmm not sure if guys would like to ride a serpente or have one between their legs

wink.gif

earth_dweller said:
mmm not sure if guys would like to ride a serpente or have one between their legs

wink.gif
Sh!t... it means snake. Guess I should stay away from non-English suggestions.
tongue.gif

Crankyfeet said:

How about "Serpente"
specializzate sounds so much better than specialized

Bro Deal said:
These should be sold in the U.S.

Accidia
Tartaruga
Lentamente
Pesante
LOL

American car manufacturers could use for new model names:

Lumaca
Rotta
Merda
Rifiuti

Regardless of manufacturer or model, I named my road bikes Sarah, Angie, Nicki, and Jill in honor of some very memorable ladies I have known. I'm still with the human Sarah and she doesn't mind the other names.

kdelong said:
Regardless of manufacturer or model, I named my road bikes Sarah, Angie, Nicki, and Jill in honor of some very memorable ladies I have known. I'm still with the human Sarah and she doesn't mind the other names.
Obviously you were smart enough to name your best bike "Sarah". Makes it hard to upgrade though...
tongue.gif

Powerful Pete said:
Ah the joys of internet/babelfish.

:D :cool:
They're good at one word translations... though I suggest re-translating back to check...as often the word you get isn't a direct translation.

I am not into speed when I cycle, so how about a name for a bike with a name that represents the more peaceful side of cycling...

Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence...

;)

Crankyfeet said:
Obviously you were smart enough to name your best bike "Sarah". Makes it hard to upgrade though...
tongue.gif
Actually my favorite, a 1984 Raleigh Supercourse (the one in my avatar), is named Sarah. I don't ride it much as I am worried that I'll put too much wear on it or damage one of the original components. I also go overboard on the care, pretty much a complete rebuild, after every ride. This bike is priceless to me if you include sentimental value, as it was supplied to me by my sponsor for the three years that I raced and then was sold to someone else because I did not have the resources to purchase it at the time. It took me 12 years to track it down and purchase it from the owner. So it is not my best bike, that is my Raleigh Competition (yeah, I'm mostly a Raleigh man), but Sarah is my favorite bike:p, and Sarah is my only girl:p!