New bike, new saddle, sore butt!

zzzzhjv456

Jun 27, 2019
I bought a used Giant Cypress last summer to begin riding again. It has a Bontrager Commutergel saddle. I carried tools with me for about a month while riding and making adjustments. Finally I got everything set where I wanted it. The whole time on that bike while making those initial adjustments my butt never felt sore after I had completed a ride. There were moments while riding when I would stop and make an adjustment, but after finishing I felt fine.

The gel saddles are definitely worse than traditional ones. I am not sure why people still think that the softer the saddle, the less soreness you will get. I have once tried Selle Italia carbon saddle for a whole day and probably it was the best saddle I ever sat on.

How long were your rides? I mean I can ride 10 miles on a crappy saddle with my nuts being crushed on the saddle before I notice something is wrong. :D

Commutergel may be good for a 10 miler but getting up there to 40+, it's a different story.:p

Hey there! ‍♂️ So, the length of your rides definitely matters when it comes to saddle comfort. While Commutergel might be fine for a shorter ride, those longer ones can really put your nether regions through a test. Consider investing in a saddle designed for longer rides, or maybe a padded cycling short to provide some extra cushion. Your nuts will thank you!