New bike problem

TRMN8R

New Member
Sep 22, 2003
im looking for a new bike for mostly on road use and wouldnt mind trying offroad but nothing too wild.
which is the better bike a mongoose rockadile or giant boulder SE
thanks

Rokadile:
• Front suspension forks
• Shimano® EF-29 7sp shifters
• Shimano® front & rear derailleurs
• Alloy 3 piece cranks
• Alloy linear pull brakes
• Alloy rims
• Stainless steel spokes

boulder SE:
frame ALUXX 6061 Aluminum
fork RST Capa CL
headset 1 1/8’ MH501
derailleur Front:Shimano C102 34.9
Rear:Shimano Altus 7 Speed
cranks Shimano TY30 28x38x48
derailleurshifters Shimano ST-EF 29 21 Speed
cassette Shimano ZH37 7 Speed
chain KMC Z-51 7 Speed
bottombracket Semi Cartridge
hubs Joytech 36H Alloy QR
rims Amigo Alloy Black with brushed sides 36H
tyres Kenda C-1285 26 X 1.95
brakes TX-117 Alloy V-Brakes
brake levers Shimano ST EF29
pedals LU-984
stem Alloy Ahead 1 1/8 Black
handlebar Steel Black Riser
seatpost Post-Alloy Black 30.8
saddle Velo VL-3044 mens/VL-4048 ladies
grips Velo G-16

Get the boulder 2004. Its got an aluminium frame, and 24 speed.

On 23 Sep 2003 20:02:55 +0950, TRMN8R <[email protected]> wrote:

>im looking for a new bike for mostly on road use and wouldnt mind trying offroad but nothing too
>wild. which is the better bike a mongoose rockadile or giant boulder SE thanks
>
>Rokadile: • Front suspension forks • Shimano® EF-29 7sp shifters • Shimano® front & rear
>derailleurs • Alloy 3 piece cranks • Alloy linear pull brakes • Alloy rims • Stainless steel spokes
>
>boulder SE: frame ALUXX 6061 Aluminum fork RST Capa CL headset 1 1/8’ MH501 derailleur
>Front:Shimano C102 34.9 Rear:Shimano Altus 7 Speed cranks Shimano TY30 28x38x48 derailleurshifters
>Shimano ST-EF 29 21 Speed cassette Shimano ZH37 7 Speed chain KMC Z-51 7 Speed bottombracket Semi
>Cartridge hubs Joytech 36H Alloy QR rims Amigo Alloy Black with brushed sides 36H tyres Kenda
>C-1285 26 X 1.95 brakes TX-117 Alloy V-Brakes brake levers Shimano ST EF29 pedals LU-984 stem
>Alloy Ahead 1
>1/8 Black handlebar Steel Black Riser seatpost Post-Alloy Black 30.8 saddle Velo VL-3044
> mens/VL-4048 ladies grips Velo G-16

does anyone actually own a mongoose rockadile or a giant boulder SE and can give me some feedback?

Yep. i got mine from st ives cycles, theres also a place in chatswood and narrabeen which
sells them.

On 24 Sep 2003 10:03:54 +0950, TRMN8R <[email protected]> wrote:

>do u know ne good bike shops that sell the 2004 boulder SE??

I own th egiant boulder SE, and im very impressed, quick release leavers, great shifters (which
actyually shift), responsive, unspongy brakes, beautiful :D